The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Nashville Predators at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 05, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I’m not down with that either. Petey will come but we have more pressing issues that need attended to right flippin now. 

I was pretty hard on Petey earlier in the season, but tonight, especially early on, I saw some effort from him. In the first he had a couple of good chances and drew a penalty, and in the first half of the second we were dominating play until we got our first PP and that seemed to suck all of our momentum away. People also forget that Petey gets a ton of his points on the PP, and since our PP is terrible, a big hunk of Petey's offense dries up. That's partly on him too, but I really think the issue is with coaching. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I'm convinced the coaches are NOT doing a good job of communicating whatever the hell it is they want these guys to do out there.

King in particular.

Poor Hoggy...thrown out there to answer about the pp.  Make these damn coaches explain in the presser.  Why don't they ever have to face the music and answer a few of these tough questions?  Just slink away.

Besides Drance, nobody dares to ask Travis a question he may not like.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, rychicken said:

it is no better

Chaisson

Lammikko

Dickinson

We have Myers playing 20+ a night, and Schenn playing

this team is not a threat most nights. With minimal secondary scoring we are too easy to play against.

Said it last year, and have said it this year....this team is not very good. 

Honestly you cant make this excuse. Last year we had what? injury prone beagle, Roussell, and Ericksson who couldnt score on the empty net. Then had Highmore playing 1st line along with leafs waiver wire fodders. This year we are playing worst than last year especially in PP and PK department.

can we go back to the way we were playing last year? lol we get smoked 5v5 but at least we look way better on the special team XD now we put all the efforts in 5v5 defensively and have 0 offense 0 pp 0 pk.. at least last year it was just horrible defense lol now it's horrible offense pk pp and good/great defense goaltending 5v5

I thought Petey had a great start to this game. Looked like he was back and ready to take charge. 

Talk about him all ya want but we have talent to beat teams like Nashville without him. Our special teams need to be fixed NOW

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, b3. said:

So basically the last 8 years?

Honestly hard to argue at this point. Would like them to prove us wrong but they aren't exactly doing a great job of that so far this season.

They always seem to stress excellence through hard work but they need a lot more than that to be a good team.