The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Dallas Stars at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 07, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Right you are, Jan. I was very impressed with Klimovich with the small sample size I saw. It's possible he develops into a top 6 option for us, but I'd reckon that's still a couple years down the line. Lockwood will hopefully he a good bottom 6 player for us, and I'm not sure so sure about Mcdonaugh myself. Not that I have some inside scoop or anything, and he has been looking fantastic for NE this year. But I always temper my expectations for players coming out of college. Fingers crossed though.

Yeah, I am tempering my expectations on McDonaugh also.............I understand he has some skating issues

But the boy can put the puck in the net, that is for sure!

46 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The PGT is shorter after a Canucks win.

:bigblush:

The Personal Grievances Thread

The Pariah Green Thread

The Post Green Thread

Hey give me a break, it's early. :P

Actually two points out of a playoff spot and 3rd in the division. SJ is beginning their decent to the basement and can the Ducks maintain their play? It's amazing how long a team can still be relevant even after a bad run. 

Big game against the Ducks Tuesday. Wait ... what did I just say? ::D

• Haha 4

37 minutes ago, JM_ said:

he isn't the first player that comes to mind when you want moment on the PP, now is he? 

I actually thought Lockwood would beat him out of camp, but the coaches wanted that veteran presence..............

He is a very stationary player..............not my cup of tea

Edited by J.I.A.H.N
  • Vintage 2

20 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

LOL it sure is

not much to complain about yesterday

Demko still had to stand on his head  but hoping this game was the slump buster we all needed for our stars as our fire power hasnt shown up yet this year.

Lots of things to like about yesterdays game

WAY more movement on the PP.

Is it a surprise that Petey and Miller switched spots and Miller got off the shot to score on the PP.  

We need frequent movement like that.  I feel like we went back to stationary passing later on which makes no sense to me and I hope the players realize they went back to their old habits with the perimetre passing.

So strange that they couldnt see what led to their success on the earlier powerplays.  It was all about quick movement, and simplifying with getting shots quickly on net.  

That is on the players but it is also on the coaching staff to identify this right away and ask why they have reverted back to not moving.

If our guys like Hogs and Pods continue to improve and play well while our stars finally start showing up, man, this team will be scary good. Garland was Garland.  What a freaking trade JB! OEL and Garland were great additions.  

Hughes has improved defensively.

With OEL regained 1D form and improved d-play of Hughes along with Poolman impressing, we have a solid D. Myers and Hamonic look good gut there. Burroughs looked a little shaky to start  but looked better as the game went on.

Could getting Dowling back be what we needed?  Our 4th line wasnt hemmed in as badly as the last few games.  It will only get better with Motte coming back.

Only wish Sutter was healthy too.

That's why Ive been so frustrated so far. We are way better than what we have shown so far.

Was is turfing Chiasson that did it or is Dowling just that good? Haha, all jokes aside he's an interesting player. Highly skilled for a fourth line skater type, consistent, and mistake free. I like. Also I think Motter is going to be huge for us. A key piece to completing that hard to play against identity the team is trying to create. Another 2 PP goals against ... he will literally flip our PK from one of the worst to one of the best. Then add Sutter (hopefully) and that's one killer line-up top to bottom. Anytime you got the Flow and Pods on your third line you're laughing all the way to the bank.

Go Nucks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

BO, I actually thought Lockwood would beat him out of camp, but the coaches wanted that veteran presence..............

He is a very stationary player..............not my cup of tea

"we need a pylon for McDavid" - yes that makes sense. 

"we need a pylon for a stationary Petey" - this is what our coaches thought for 11 games. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, sassbs said:

Why do I have a feeling the boys just decided to try for once and this had nothing to do with coaching and all to do with “let’s show them what we could do just once, but let’s not try moving fwd as we still need green fired” 

:bigblush:

edit: ooof here comes the hate for saying fire green again lmao 

Maybe someone did something similar to the story Burke tells about Naslund walking into his office.

2 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Byram in Col ain't looking too bad - good trade by Sakic to get a first from an ever rebuilding Ottawa team in that Duchesne trade.

That Duchene trade has got to be the worst, most crippling trade of all time for any franchise in any sport.  From a goal away from the SCF, to the punchline of jokes in one season.

14 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

That Duchene trade has got to be the worst, most crippling trade of all time for any franchise in any sport.  From a goal away from the SCF, to the punchline of jokes in one season.

You must be too young to remember Mike Milbury's tenure with the Islanders.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Shayster007 said:

Miller is realistically our best trade chip to obtain a top 4 RD. The problem is, I don't know if we can afford to loose a top line winger. When we had Lind and Gadj in the system, we could bank one of them developing into a top 6 winger. But I'm not sure we currently have any future top 6 winger options coming up in our system right now.

Think they are hoping for Podz to become the Top line winger able to take over from Miller.