The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Ducks | November 9th, 7pm

Rate this topic

MattJVD

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Man, I am worried about that PK. It's now dead last in the league isn't it? And while the PP had a resurgence of sorts last game, it's hard to tell whether it's "back" or still on life support. But the team can't afford to take penalties tonight, because from a fan's perspective, there's almost zero confidence that they can kill it off. I wonder if that's starting to cast doubt on the players themselves on whether they'll be scored on if they're on the PK. I hope not

True. Every time they are on the PK I can see a goal coming, if it were not for Demko we'd be in the doggy do.

They are just way too static, reacting to puck movement instead of being proactive and making life difficult for the PP team. We just seem to let them get set up and then rely on shot blocking.

Oh, and when you get a chance, get that fxxxxxx puck out of there. Don't pass to your team mate and give him the job.

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Man, I am worried about that PK. It's now dead last in the league isn't it? And while the PP had a resurgence of sorts last game, it's hard to tell whether it's "back" or still on life support. But the team can't afford to take penalties tonight, because from a fan's perspective, there's almost zero confidence that they can kill it off. I wonder if that's starting to cast doubt on the players themselves on whether they'll be scored on if they're on the PK. I hope not

Don't worry be happy!

Another game day, another chance to smoke some Duck.

Another chance for our backup goalie to show what he's got.

I notice a lot fewer Negative Nellies chanting "Fire Green" in this pregame discussion than last.

The bandwagon is filling up but there's still lots of room.

Lots of little improvements leads to great performances, the PK is getting better.

Take fewer penalties, and keep the PK troops fresh, it's a team effort.

GO BO GO!!

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

True. Every time they are on the PK I can see a goal coming, if it were not for Demko we'd be in the doggy do.

They are just way too static, reacting to puck movement instead of being proactive and making life difficult for the PP team. We just seem to let them get set up and then rely on shot blocking.

Oh, and when you get a chance, get that fxxxxxx puck out of there. Don't pass to your team mate and give him the job.

Yeah. Let's hope they can kill some of those penalties that are inevitably coming our way. Move you feet guys! 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

if it's been as bad as it has, I'm guessing Baumgartner. 

So what's Brad Shaw's responsibilities then? 

From what I've heard he's above BumG, King, other guy :lol: in the coaching hierachy, but reports to Green, and advises him as well. 

31 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

You have the right to your opinion but I think it's obvious that some of you guys haven't actually played hockey or sports competitively. One of the greatest things about sport is your constant evolution as a player and a team, especially turning it around after a slump. That's what it's all about, correcting mistakes and getting better as a team. This is like people writing off the team 3 days ago and now we're 2 wins away from being a top 10 team. Complete snap judgements. Some people have hard time understanding you won't always be in first place I guess.

The NHL is very fluid and the landscape changes radically during the year. Fans are doing a disservice to players like Dickinson, and the team in general by making these proclamations at this point of the season, and 12 games into Dickinson's tenure.

I sure wouldn't want to be your teammate if that's how you welcome a new player to the team.

I guess we'll all be on Dickinson watch now tonight. :mellow: The pitchforks are out. :lol:

oh, how dare anyone critique a player... 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Don't worry be happy!

Another game day, another chance to smoke some Duck.

Another chance for our backup goalie to show what he's got.

I notice a lot fewer Negative Nellies chanting "Fire Green" in this pregame discussion than last.

The bandwagon is filling up but there's still lots of room.

Lots of little improvements leads to great performances, the PK is getting better.

Take fewer penalties, and keep the PK troops fresh, it's a team effort.

GO BO GO!!

Yeah, for sure it's a team effort. Of course I'm hoping the team will win tonight! 

There's always a chance right? Unless you're Arizona. 

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

Just now, Taphouse Canuck said:

Agreed , if he was healthy.

I think if he had played against the Stars he would have held Faksa to account for that knee on Podz. As it was, we were lucky that he was able to shake off the injury.

Surprised nobody stood up to Faksa for that knee on knee.. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1