The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Vegas Golden Knights | Nov. 13, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I’ve said this for the last few years (same as Ray Ferraro). I put most of the blame for our situation on Jim Benning.

Average drafting, lousy trades and terrible Free Agency signings. We should have immediately gone full rebuild when the Sedins retired (if not sooner). Rumour has it that Trevor Linden wanted a rebuild (not a retool).

This team, as constructed, will not make the playoffs and will not finish higher than the Kraken.   Our D is not strong enough and our bottom 6 are lousy PKers and weak. At least Jay Beagle and Sutter could win face offs. We only have Miller and Horvat winning face offs.

Should have traded Boeser for a top 2 D-man when his stock was high. I don’t know what is wrong with Petterson but he has been a big disappointment this year. No matter what coach we hire, this team is going nowhere. Time for the rebuild that we should have done 5 plus years ago. 

Edited by sockeye
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, Bure_of_94 said:

I think after Gadj got claimed, you would have kept MaC as your 23rd man just in case. And if Mac wasn’t checking off enough boxes, you’d think you’d waive him first and try to work with Gadj if you see him having more potential. 

Gadjovich isn't solving any problem, because:

- he doesn't take faceoffs

- he can't play on the PK

- he doesn't generate offense

Why would you want a player like Gadjovich on the team? Only because he can fight? That's by far not enough... !

7 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

There are many coaches better than Green just speaking only in terms of hockey aspects like Boudreaux, McTavish, Tortorella, Babcock  Queenville, Crawford, Julien, B. Sutter etc. I mean if Green is fired tomorrow, there are bunch of good NHL coaches off the top of my head and I probably didnt mention others like the former Tampa coach that introduced the 1-3-1

100% just do not get the love for a mediocre coach in Babcock. 

Canucks are garbage at this point. I hate to say it. The team on paper is pretty good but the results are absolute garbage.

green and his dummies need to go (other than shaw and clark).  Unfortunately, benning also needs to go as he has shown an inability to react and make change as needed to keep this team competitive.

If we get that change, and the team still sucks, start thinking about who you trade (petey, miller, etc etc).

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

If it’s an established coach which I can’t see another rookie coach coming in, it’s a nothingburger imo. 

Fair enough.

If they promoted Trent Cull I swear to goddddddd

• Cheers 1

Well lets hope that coaching changes comes soon and can shake some life into the group as right now you gotta worry Rebuild 2.0 is just around the corner. 

Petey and Brock are looking like they will never find the form or consistency needed.

Bo just doesn't seem to be able to tilt the balance of a game and rally the team when they need it, he is also a very streaky scorer and not exactly a defensive stalwart. 

D lacks bite and structure, which isn't all coaching, the Chaos Giraffe, Hunt, Burroughs, Rathbone - are all prone to gargantuan Defensive brain farts. 

Too many smaller 'skill players' with out enough skill to play a high tempo skill game and not enough strength to play a puck retrieval game. 

Team not looking like its built to succeed right now - now could a boost in form and structure of some of the key players help to turn that around  - sure. 

There are a few really good pieces to like of course - but still looks like we could be following the Buffalo fail train out the station again soon... I don't know, its just depressing AF again this year.  Think i'm gonna take a break for a while ( which usually means they'll heat up ! )  8 years of suffering mostly terrible hockey and this is the result :sadno:

19 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Only way we trade Miller is if we decide to rebuild 2.0 akin to Ottawa after Karlsson/Stone. We probably try a new coach before we get to that point.

Don't trade JT!! He's at $5M+ with one more season and he ain't even the problem!! How about trade BB instead as he's gonna be RFA at the end of the season looking for $7M?? I'd take 2 good prospects for him now... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

Once every 20 games is not that.  I mean, seeing him do it consistently or at least take over the game when it's crunch time.   

You’re teammates don’t call you Cap before you're officially named captain if you don’t bring those qualities. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, b3. said:

You’d want a new GM with a coach he didn’t pick again?

I think this is why we fire Green and bump Shaw to interim. Id just clean house and get Ouija board and contact Pat Quinn. Cant be worse than whats going. 

Man we could use the Big Irishman right now. 

• Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Let's go elsewhere Pettersson.  We're 15 games into the season and he still couldn't find his game. I am wondering how Pettersson spent the off-season. Did he spent most of time on beach and enjoyed the nightlive in swedish cities?

Let's re-sign Hansen......maybe Naslund and Bure too...hey could it be worse then it is now LOL