The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks | Nov 14 | 5 PM PT

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, HockeyHarry said:

I could see Miller being hard to be around when losing. Alpha Dog that likes to bark. 

Winning changes everything, but this Team needs confidence and structure right now. Not LOUD NOISEs

So maybe hire a coach who can instill that instead of the unqualified idiot currently causing the problem?

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Hirsch sure comes across as a loser.  Bring Tomlinson back.  

Thing is, I supported him as someone who HAS had his own struggles and overcome a lot.

But I don't hang on his every word like he's the inside source.  Again...he's been on Miller LONG before now and Miller's simply proving him wrong.  He seems to be a guy who doesn't like to be proven wrong, that's all.  I've changed my opinion on him...but it wasn't just this.  During games, he talks FAR too much and fills every bit of airspace.  

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

At this point I'm willing to call what happened on the bubble a bit of a fluke. They caught fire at the right time, played a pretty mediocre Wild team in the preliminary round, a Blues team that didn't care with a goalie that was falling apart at the time, before being ousted by a superior Vegas team. It was right place at the right time.

Let's not forget that prior to the rest of that season being cancelled the team was tailspinning right out of the playoffs. 

Hanging all of your hopes and dreams on one playoff run a year and a half ago during a complete anomaly of a season, when everything that's happened since then is indicating massive issues with ownership, management, coaching, and the players on the ice, is a good way to set yourself up for disappointment.

I am setting myself up for Super Happiness!

Go Canucks Go!

(not loser shcmidtt like this 'fluke' schcmidtt)

• Vintage 1

Regardless of rumours JT is a frustrating player. Sometimes brilliant and physical but always inconsistent and with 3 giveaways for every good play.

When Hogs lost his balance at the Vegas blue line he made every effort to sweep the puck away to avoid a counter attack. When Miller lost his balance in the same position he just gave up on the play and Vegas scored. (Think it was the 5-4 or 6-4 goal in the third, so not a good time to quit playing...)

• Cheers 2

Just now, J-P said:

Regardless of rumours JT is a frustrating player. Sometimes brilliant and physical but always inconsistent and with 3 giveaways for every good play.

When Hogs lost his balance at the Vegas blue line he made every effort to sweep the puck away to avoid a counter attack. When Miller lost his balance in the same position he just gave up on the play and Vegas scored. (Think it was the 5-4 or 6-4 goal in the third, so not a good time to quit playing...)

He was hurting right before that and I was surprised he came back.

Yes, one of his faults is he tends to give up on plays, but he can't do it all out there on his own.

Problems I see. 

- If you dump the GM.

- If you dump the coach (Which I'm fine with).

Do you have an interm GM, and does the temp guy get a chance to make changes? 

I know things are looking nightmarish right now. But is making changes going to really do anything? 

A coaching change might. I don't see how turfing Benning right now solves anything. 

So nothing is really going to happen until the offseason. Where upon Benning can be dumped anyways.

Unless you are worried Benning is going to do something REALLY stupid. 

Given the cap, Given so few teams have cap space. Given the performance of the team. Are you really going to get anything?

Unless the goal is get rid of everyone and stock pile picks? 

They don't have an identity - other than being a team easy to play against. Who's fault is that? 

Green would probably say it's up to the players to figure that out. I can't see him taking any responsibility for the losses. So, is it Bo's responsibility as captain?