The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 17, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

24 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it cause that extension proves, at the very least, he is well liked within Canuck brass that they gave him, not a one but TWO YEARS contract extension - baffling, but office politics at its finest.

Anyways, good chance a DESPERATION TRADE, is coming to delay any leadership decision till seasons end - smh.  Simply put, Aquaman & crew (including the staff) can read all the leadership book ever written and they still won't get it cause there seems to be no accountability within this group; not surprising, that the on ice product is sloppy & ineffective.

Knowing Benning, he will trade Pettersson when the trade value could not be lower.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Ditto, the other GM, knows the situation with the Canucks and JB will once again, have no leverage.  Plus, the player being traded outside of Miller (due to his stats) will have a depressed value due to Greens' tendency to destroy any/all the value a player has. 

More futures are the only real currency, JB has to trade; hopefully, he has more sense to keep this years 1st cause that will be a valuable pick based on there current trajectory.   Canucks under, Aquaman & crew are slowly turning into the Sens - ever rebuilding with a small blip of success to keep the fans hungry.   Ultimately, this is Aquamans' toy and if he chooses, to hire a weak leadership group - then it should not be shocking that anything they do moving forward, will only be a band-aid or worse.

Trade Miller. The only player that we can sell high and a player that will leave soon anyways via free agency.

This team, without coaching change is not making the playoffs this and next season. Miller will not re-sign.

• Upvote 1

I generally avoid PGTs after a loss, but I just want to point out that although I'm sure Green and Benning are getting the lion's share of the blame for last night's loss, that blame should be shared by two players who took selfish penalties.

The PK has been awful (and a bit unlucky last night, if we're being honest) and players should think about that when the look fro retribution in a tie game....

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, khay said:

Desperation trade should not include Hog, Podz, and Demko and I'm OK with that. Anyone else can go.

The team is not going to be fixed until the coach is gone but they refuse to see this so. Well, they must do something.

Losing Tanev, Edler, and Marky and since then, the team hasn't been able to build an identity.

Regarding Marky, I'm starting to think that Marky > Demko.

As great as Demko is, and our current losing streak is not on him at all, but Marky took Green to the playoffs and won 2 rounds. 

Even Dominik Hasek may not be able to do that.

Ditto: firing Green this early into his (BAFFLING) two year extension is an admission of a mistake that Aquaman & crew are unwilling to admit - imo.  Hence, a desperation trade is coming; and just hoping that JB, doesn't pay too much in futures - but I wouldn't be surprised if he does. 

More roster tweaking from JB and line blending from Green, doesn't foster chemistry among the players on & off the ice.  I am starting to realized, that JB doesn't have what it takes to be the top dog and he ( with Green & Weisbrod) should only be assistants at most.

7 hours ago, buddhahoodlum said:

Yea except they've won a sh!t ton of trophies or whatever English Premier League has. I guess the 2 President Trophies we've won in 50 years are a pretty decent consolation prize, amiright?

Well... no point in looking at their legacy.... they haven't won crap for a long time since Sir Alex retired....

My point is, even one of the biggest soccer clubs in the world with unlimited budget can go through slumps and be stuck with a clueless manager!! 

We all saw how they passed on claiming Comeau and Clifford... so management is clearly NOT desperate yet.... they are at a crossroads deciding if they wanna be buyers or sellers!

45 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

I get it cause that extension proves, at the very least, he is well liked within Canuck brass that they gave him, not a one but TWO YEARS contract extension - baffling, but office politics at its finest.

Anyways, good chance a DESPERATION TRADE, is coming to delay any leadership decision till seasons end - smh.  Simply put, Aquaman & crew (including the staff) can read all the leadership book ever written and they still won't get it cause there seems to be no accountability within this group; not surprising, that the on ice product is sloppy & ineffective.

you can't re-sign a  coach to a 1 year deal

it undermines their credibility

then you get the same situation we see now, 

except the answer is " Well the players know the management doesn't trust the coach because they only gave him a 1 year deal" (read that in your best John Garrett voice)

It would be different if he was a new guy

Edited by lmm

14 minutes ago, khay said:

Trade Miller. The only player that we can sell high and a player that will leave soon anyways via free agency.

This team, without coaching change is not making the playoffs this and next season. Miller will not re-sign.

My guess, is Miller as well cause he seems to not fit the locker room vibe that the Canucks embodies - gentleman's or passive aggressive hockey.   Anyways, a desperation trade is what we all can expect from this leadership group - but who knows; and they might actually do something meaningful.

8 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah - DESPERATION TRADE coming up !!!

I too wanted Boeser traded as much as I love the guy.... I'm pretty sure Minny will wanna pay big to bring their boy home!!

I'd trade them Boeser and Hamonic for Greenway, Player Name Ek and Kulikov.... if cap spaces allow!

Edited by RakuRaku

1 minute ago, lmm said:

you can't re-sign a  coach to a 1 year deal

it undermines their credibility

then you get the same situation we see now, 

except the answer is " Well the players know the management doesn't trust the coach because they only gave him a 1 year deal" (read that in your best John Garrett voice)

It would be different if he was a new guy

Why not !   

Anyways and I get it cause the Canuck brass believes that as well and it proves that JB, is a nice guy.  Imo, it is all about negotiating and coming up to an understanding that works for both cause based on Greens' overall record of mediocrity - that offer shouldn’t have even been created but Aquaman & crew likes him enough to see past his mediocre record.  Bottom line: ink is dry and I am not confident, that Aquaman & crew will know how to fix this without an independent voice that has a different perspective is hired.

11 hours ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah, I want to like that pic going around, but anyone can cherry pick still frames to tell a story

One was taken as the canucks were calling time out, the other was with 20 seconds left in the timeout, as they count it down on the scoreboard

Edit: Fire green, Baumer, and King right quick. If Aqua waits 7-8 more games, this season is completely lost.

Edited by Chickenspear
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

I too wanted Boeser traded as much as I love the guy.... I'm pretty sure Minny will wanna pay big to bring their boy home!!

I'd trade them Boeser and Hamonic for Greenway, Player Name Ek and Kulikov.... if cap spaces allow!

No guarantee, those players will perform or buy into Greens' system - then the merry go round of roster tweaking just continues until the GM, finds the perfect player that will make Green & friends look like geniuses.

Edited by ShawnAntoski