The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning media availability

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

The only sure thing to come of this is since Benning is so alarmingly bad at stringing a sentence together and communicating any point clearly, this will not be confidence inspiring. It will simply further prove he is kind of a dim bulb who has no clue what is going on.

And it will accent that he actually has no plan. What there will be is plenty of excuses about uncontrollable factors that are responsible for everything going wrong.

We are trading for PK? What I can't say that?

The guy is a complete wreck I don't know how he has lasted 8 years and people on here supported him.

Edited by Chris12345

Maybe all this losing is individual players not motivated to work hard. I think with all the crazy stuff happening in the world and its just going to get worst.

That the players know something is up, so they have giving up.

Covid -19, vaccinations, weather, volcanic activity which effect the atmospheric weather patterns.

The suns going into solar minimum which we might get a mini ice age. lots of stuff happening plus inflation, war, china, Russia

What's the point really? He will just come out and make a bunch of excuses. No matter what he says it really doesn't change anything. He will likely say how disappointed he is and how its unacceptable but so what. How does this help the team? It changes nothing. Words mean nothing. He isn't willing to make changes, the owner isn't willing to make changes and so far losing is acceptable by everyone. This is just fan/media service at this point. They need to clean house and yes it still wont change anything but at least the ownership is setting a standard and saying this isn't acceptable. Why see where the season is going to go? They are so far behind right now. We know that there are major issues based on the stats. Issues that aren't quick fixes. This has been the major problem with this ownership. They tried to rush everything, cut corners and this is what you get. They should have been patient and they would have been way ahead by now. I don't think this media availability does anything. How many have they done of these in the Benning era?

1 minute ago, TetrisBlockT said:

Maybe all this losing is individual players not motivated to work hard. I think with all the crazy stuff happening in the world and its just going to get worst.

That the players know something is up, so they have giving up.

Covid -19, vaccinations, weather, volcanic activity which effect the atmospheric weather patterns.

The suns going into solar minimum which we might get a mini ice age. lots of stuff happening plus inflation, war, china, Russia

Pretty sure half the players get their news from ESPN, I really doubt it's that.

57 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I don't know what Benning can add but I am disgusted that Green writes off the fan's concern for this tea as "white noise".

To me that is extremely dismissive and condescending.

I have been a fan for decades and will continue to be so well after these guys are gone and fans have a right to be concerned.

Amen to that - I also found that remark in that context very insulting !  You tune out the people who consume your product and indirectly pay your wages at your own peril.

Edited by Eddie
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, lmm said:

I was not in favour of this plan earlier, but at this point it might be fine

Shaw has a long history providing rock solid player development and systems integration for defense with St. Louis and Columbus, two teams known for their strong, transitional defense. I see no reason why he couldn't handle half a season at the helm of this team. Could be the move that makes him.

Smyl as interim GM

Might be a good plan in the interim.

Bieksa was not on the panel last night

could he be taking over Abby while Cull comes up?

Cull ain't going anywhere. They would be smart to work Juice into assistant job with Shaw. 

or coming in as head coach (that is so Canuck)

Hiring a coach who's never coached in any capacity at the NHL level is suicide at this point. Juice is too smart to bite. Remember he said he'd go down with the ship and then he was traded. Could be bad blood. He should have been allowed to retire a Canuck as much as the Sedins in my mind. Protected this team and scored goals. 

Find a real Pres with a bigger ego than Aqua

That would be Jim Rutherford or Dale Tallon. All for either of those guys. Very smart and savvy hockey men. Hell......Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

His idea is to stick with the group. Yuck! Its just a mess. There is nothing he said that gave me any confidence in this organization at all. Desperate. Looking to make moves out of desperation is a bad idea. Just hoping at this point. Its just an organization without a leader. They lack a vision. He's talking about Sutter. He has always been injured. Sounds like a man who knows he is screwed. This management just cannot look ahead. They really don't have a plan.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82