The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Jets | Nov 19 7pm SNP thank u so much benning <3 just another 6 more years were almost there ;D

Rate this topic

Odd.

4 hours ago, tas said:

just came back from getting groceries at sobeys (in calgary, where I live), where the sweet, little 65-70 year old checkout lady who has been working the till for the 3 years I've been shopping there spotted me in the self checkout wearing my canucks hat. she abandons the customer she's helping and walks over: 

"our canucks are just awful! we need to trade hughes and pettersson. they're just useless! all pettersson's good for is falling down."

The wisdom of the ages.  No BS just cut straight to the point. :lol:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Not if the second unit gets 20 seconds to work with on each opportunity. 

Greens putting Ep Miller boeser hughes on the second unit and he’s going to start with the second unit and give the first unit the 20 seconds. 
thsts his big master plan to fix this. 
lololololololololol. 

1 hour ago, Gnarcore said:

Drunks have great stories. No one wants to hear about you at the gym Captain Boring. 

Drunks have liver disease and complain they have no money. Drinking is the biggest sheep or monkey see monkey do activity possible, totally lack of imagination as what to do with your free time. People convincing themselves they are having a good time. I would be a millionaire with how many times I hear people say " I feel so sick today I do not know what I was thinking , I am never going to drink again. Do not even remember what happened last night" 

Having a beer or two (glass of wine) is fine but , getting so drunk that you become a clown is a waste of time and money.  If you spend more then 100+ dollars a week on drinking you are wasting so much money. Save that money for a vacation, create memories that are positive and last you a life time not boring brain dead drinking stories. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1

Waiting for it to be 6pm somewhere, anywhere, I got to read over some heritage.

In the late 1870's,  American Major AB Rogers, a surveyor in the pay of CPRailway, was searching for a route through to the famed, beautiful West Coast.

While camped at Illecillewaet River, Rogers promoted his trusted, yes-man old civil war buddy, private Elmer Gabe Benning, from cook's help to Head Scout.  Bennings only task was to trade with local tribes and so, given all Roger's vital supplies for that purpose, he set off ahead of the main surveying force.

Never to be seen again.

Roger's company only avoided starvation by sheer luck and swift reverse canoeing back down the mighty Bow River.  This set-back delayed the project by some 8 years until Major Rogers again attempted a surveying retool, but this time hiring an experienced Scout, Ebenezer Briseboir.  Natives along the Illecillewaet soon reported that yes, an earlier scout had indeed come along and tried stiffing the locals, only to quickly lose all supplies in swap for trades of near-dead, no-spirit horses.  He was last known to have been granted safe passage out of the wilds for his long walk to Fort Edmonton, where embellished tales of 'Trader Gabe' might grow useful, down future generations.

Imagine, had it not been for Briseboir, there'd be no Canucks; we'd all be Oilers or Flames sufferers.

Then again, had Elmer succeeded, our rebuild would surely have been completed by now.