The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

57 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

My targets would be Jarvis and Morrow.

Miller @ 50% retained for Jarvis & Morrow.  

Morrow fills an immediate organizational need in RHD, and Jarvis gives us both cap flexibility/team controlled contract (he's on ELC) plus the potential to shop one of our RW for a younger centerman which is another organizational need for us.

Some have dismissed Car as a trade partner but I think with the moves they made recently combined with the strength of other Eastern teams they may be highly motivated to add that piece to put them squarely in the conversation of legitimate contender beyond just the regular season. Retaining on Miller just makes it more tempting for Car and wouldn't be a burden for us whatsoever. 

Zero chance we get Jarvis.  Morrow would be great.  Canes would likely want to move Nescas too.  

56 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Morrow fills an immediate organizational need in RHD, and Jarvis gives us both cap flexibility/team controlled contract (he's on ELC) plus the potential to shop one of our RW for a younger centerman which is another organizational need for us.

Some have dismissed Car as a trade partner but I think with the moves they made recently combined with the strength of other Eastern teams they may be highly motivated to add that piece to put them squarely in the conversation of legitimate contender beyond just the regular season. Retaining on Miller just makes it more tempting for Car and wouldn't be a burden for us whatsoever. 

Jarvis was an absolute stud last year. Necas or Kotkaniemi might be more to their liking. Holy that Kotkaniemi deal though lol. Is Patches going to be back for playoffs? Could have a TB thing going on if so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Jarvis was an absolute stud last year. Necas or Kotkaniemi might be more to their liking. Holy that Kotkaniemi deal though lol. Is Patches going to be back for playoffs? Could have a TB thing going on if so. 

Koko and Morrow would actually be an excellent return for Miller.  

Stop feeding the geese JR.  

Time to get ‘er done! :frantic:

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance we get Jarvis.  Morrow would be great.  Canes would likely want to move Nescas too.  

problem with that one tho is Morrow is not under contract, and Necas is about 1/3 the value of Miller at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

6 months is mid-February - ie 2 months before the end of the season.   They can't really use up his 7M other than a temporary fix as they'll need the 7M to activate him off LTIR before the end of the season.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

6 months is mid-February - ie 2 months before the end of the season.   They can't really use up his 7M other than a temporary fix as they'll need the 7M to activate him off LTIR before the end of the season.

Unless it takes a little longer to heal or they ask him to sit out voluntarily I guess. Technically illegal but it's been done before.

6 minutes ago, mll said:

unless they claim he isn't quite ready yet. They can easily stretch it out to the playoffs if they feel like it. Depending on what they do to get a goalie I would fully expect them to fudge it if need be. Bettman won't do anything about it. 

Edited by JM_

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Koko and Morrow would actually be an excellent return for Miller.  

Stop feeding the geese JR.  

Time to get ‘er done! :frantic:

image.jpeg.770155b17056ed21631bdef34f71ed94.jpeg

Hey Jimmy. Some Alvin guy keeps calling. He seems pretty excited. Can you please come in and talk to him?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Unless it takes a little longer to heal or they ask him to sit out voluntarily I guess. Technically illegal but it's been done before.

4 minutes ago, JM_ said:

unless they claim he isn't quite ready yet. They can easily stretch it out to the playoffs if they feel like it. Depending on what they do to get a goalie I would fully expect them to fudge it if need be. Bettman won't do anything about it. 

Themselves announced 6 months - ie they expect to have to activate him before the end of the season.  If they wanted to use up his cap space they wouldn't be putting in a timeline.  Carolina were graded really highly for adding Pacioretty - it's a huge loss for them.  

4 minutes ago, mll said:

Themselves announced 6 months - ie they expect to have to activate him before the end of the season.  If they wanted to use up his cap space they wouldn't be putting in a timeline.  Carolina were graded really highly for adding Pacioretty - it's a huge loss for them.  

Makes sense. You never know though. Hopefully Patches recovers. That's a crappy injury at 33.

8 hours ago, shiznak said:

He played center, but Trocheck took most of the draws. Similar to what Miller does when he plays with Petey.

Ideally yeah, Miller would be a good fit for them, if they can’t trust Necas on the dot, but I think they’ll just play it out as it is for now. If anything, they probably would rather trade Kotkaniemi than Necas, imo.

Guess it depends on how serious they are at actually winning a cup. Miller gets then a hell of a lot closer to that goal than Necas or Kotka...

2 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Zero chance we get Jarvis IMO.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Zero chance we get Jarvis. 

48 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Zero chance we get Jarvis IMO.

I hear you guys and understand where these comments are coming from. 

But when I see people(not you) make similar comments in the past, 

-Buffalo would never give up Eichel.

-Vegas could never sign Petro

-Cgy won't let Johnny walk for nothing 

-Huberdeau is untouchable 

-ect.....

I don't dismiss any possibilities these days anymore.  Yes, I understand each aforementioned situation was it's own unique scenario,  point is many people thought they'd never happen and here we are. I'm  not saying Jarvis trade is likely,  but you never know?

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I hear you guys and understand where these comments are coming from. 

But when I see people(not you) make similar comments in the past, 

-Buffalo would never give up Eichel.

-Vegas could never sign Petro

-Cgy won't let Johnny walk for nothing 

-Huberdeau is untouchable 

-ect.....

I don't dismiss any possibilities these days anymore.  Yes, I understand each aforementioned situation was it's own unique scenario,  point is many people thought they'd never happen and here we are. I'm  not saying Jarvis trade is likely,  but you never know?

Or how about “they won’t go far in the playoffs with this lineup”….meanwhile Canucks win the Cup this year….you never know right?

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Or how about “they won’t go far in the playoffs with this lineup”….meanwhile Canucks win the Cup this year….you never know right?

This is Bennings thought process that has left us in the position we are in now. Squeezing into the playoffs and losing Miller for free is worst case scenario in my eyes, bottom line. A first, hell even a second round exit is worth nothing long term if Miller doesn't get utilized as an asset, whether that's sign or trade.

• Cheers 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

This is Bennings thought process that has left us in the position we are in now. Squeezing into the playoffs and losing Miller for free is worst case scenario in my eyes, bottom line. A first, hell even a second round exit is worth nothing long term if Miller doesn't get utilized as an asset, whether that's sign or trade.

I don't want our management to gamble the future on this kind of thought but I do remain hopeful as a fan.  Last year nobody picked the Rangers to even make the playoffs but look how they did!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, awalk said:

Matt Sekeres writes an article about how JT Miller is handling things like a true pro.  Oh man that's going to cause a few posters brains to short circuit!  Do I hate this because it's Matt Sekeres or do I love it because of all the great things said about JT?

HAHA! Love it!

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I don't want our management to gamble the future on this kind of thought but I do remain hopeful as a fan.  Last year nobody picked the Rangers to even make the playoffs but look how they did!

Plenty of people picked the Rangers to make the playoffs -- and when they did, plenty also picked them to make the ECF.

Just now, Shayster007 said:

I don’t know. Winning a Cup has a lot to do with injuries and luck but having your best player in the lineup will always give you a chance.

I think we have a very strong team right now. Our biggest issue was coaching and special teams.

We underachieved last season with a weaker lineup. This new version of the Canucks will surprise a lot of people. Lots of solid pick ups and having BB from the start (with the help of Yeo) will propel this team in becoming a potential contender.