The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Can this just happen already so we can move on?

Miller for Schneider, Kravtsov, and a 1st

Boeser plus something for Carlo and Senyshyn

Zacha, Bahl, and a 2023 1st for Garland and Rathbone

Extra cap space for some piece in the summer.

I want Miller traded or locked up asap just so I don't read the arguments.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

I would keep miller, I would do Lysell and a first (it will be a late first) for Boeser and they can dump DeBrusk on us- he may do well with a change of scenery and Brucey.

Keep dreaming u aint getting lysell and a 1st for boeser and a free debrusk as a toss in. Not with boesers 7.5mil QO and no guarantees he will sign anything less with the new team. So once u get rid of boeser who's Miller playing with? Pettersson doesn't work with him.. hoglander who struggled all season? Or garland who's been struggling for goals since December?

Top line of hoglander/garland Miller and Pearson..  can't even imagine it.

Would people prefer:

1. The Canucks keep Miller this year, make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 2nd round. They end up with the #20 pick in the 20220 Draft.  They end up trading him next year, at a lesser return (because he's in his final year of his contract, and a year older).

2. Trade Miller at the TDL at his maximum value to get the retool started, acquiring prospect and picks. The Canucks would end up with the #10 pick in  the 2022 Draft.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

At this point it is looking like the Pens, Canes or Caps.

A Pens/Caps unprotected first in 2024 could actually be worth quite something - they're both going to decline sooner rather than later in my view.

1 hour ago, Provost said:

Miller for Schneider, Kravtsov, and a 1st

Boeser plus something for Carlo and Senyshyn

Zacha, Bahl, and a 2023 1st for Garland and Rathbone

If even one of these happen at/before the TDL I would consider that a substantial move by this new management team. 

At this point I’m sorry but if the rags don’t want to give up schneider then f*%#!& them! You have to give to get and none of their other players besides Laffy interest me much. If I’m JR and they say no then I’m doing everything I can to deal miller to a team like Washington for Mcmichael and some picks.

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would people prefer:

1. The Canucks keep Miller this year, make the playoffs and get knocked out in the 2nd round. They end up with the #20 pick in the 20220 Draft.  They end up trading him next year, at a lesser return (because he's in his final year of his contract, and a year older).

2. Trade Miller at the TDL at his maximum value to get the retool started, acquiring prospect and picks. The Canucks would end up with the #10 pick in  the 2022 Draft.

In a perfect world, option 1. That being said, I don't think that's realistic. I couldn't see anyway this team could beat the Avs in a best of 7. I know upsets have happened before, but I just couldn't see it. Given that we only have a 8% at playoffs, it would be hard enough for us to even get to the show.

My heart tells me 1. But my brain knows option 2 is the much better play long term. I'm on team trade Miller this year, I want to win so bad, I think the assets Miller brings gives us the best chance.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

In a perfect world, option 1. That being said, I don't think that's realistic. I couldn't see anyway this team could beat the Avs in a best of 7. I know upsets have happened before, but I just couldn't see it. Given that we only have a 8% at playoffs, it would be hard enough for us to even get to the show.

My heart tells me 1. But my brain knows option 2 is the much better play long term. I'm on team trade Miller this year, I want to win so bad, I think the assets Miller brings gives us the best chance.

#2 without hesitation

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Would people prefer:

Scenario #1 would be, sadly, what I picture the Benning regime doing - except Miller wouldn't be traded for a 'lesser return' he would simply walk to UFA. 

Scenario #2 is the one that's going to take some guts on the part of a new management team, but ultimately this is the choice that is better for this franchise long-term. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

I couldn't see anyway this team could beat the Avs in a best of 7.

That's true, no guarantee they'll play MIN, EDM or NSH, having a chance to make it to the 2nd round. If they play COL, CGY, VGK, it probably won't end well. 

I guess I should've included a 3rd option - re-signing Miller long term.  I don't believe this is the right decision though. I think he's playing his best hockey of his life this year, but they're not built for playoffs yet. By the time they will be ready to make a serious run, 30+ year old Miller and his contract could be an albatross - especially if he's unhappy and mailing it in as he's done in the past.

9 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gauranteed JT would be captain there within 2 years, IF they paid our price. 

that would not surprise me at all, if it were to happen. 

Do you know what the rumored package that the Rangers offer was to the Canucks? 

57 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like it, but not sure NYR offers Schneider

(LD) K'Andre Miller, (RD) Nils Lundkvist and (C) Filip Chytil?

Add a 1st to that package, and I think it would be enticing. Maybe replace Chytil with Barron? 

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Scenario #1 would be, sadly, what I picture the Benning regime doing - except Miller wouldn't be traded for a 'lesser return' he would simply walk to UFA. 

Scenario #2 is the one that's going to take some guts on the part of a new management team, but ultimately this is the choice that is better for this franchise long-term. 

So why is there talk that management is conflicted about Miller? 

30 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

At this point I’m sorry but if the rags don’t want to give up schneider then f*%#!& them! You have to give to get and none of their other players besides Laffy interest me much. If I’m JR and they say no then I’m doing everything I can to deal miller to a team like Washington for Mcmichael and some picks.

I’m sure that Drury and his staff is thinking, they offer their initial offer as low as possible to see if Van management is dumb enough to bite (cause, well, Benning might have). I don’t think their initial offer is their final offer. Lots of time to negotiate too. JR talking to the media, he’s playing the media and the game the right way, unlike Benning. 

• Like 1