The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, tas said:

come now, drance isn't a journalist, he's a failed public relations guy. you shouldn't insult journalists that way. 

Lol..   I can still remember J Patterson whining for months about trading for JT ,  apparently he wasn’t worth a 1st !   

The fact remains the JT has helped to form the “hull” of this ship and how it performs..

I continue to hope we can fairly acquire an extension of his stay in Vancouver over the Summer.

Even if this type of point production wanes a bit ,  it’s not going to vanish,.   And what he contributes in leadership by example in his play,  is wearing off onto the shoulders of other players here.

numbers,   Are one thing.. 

Ethic, personality, and style can bring you more.

Something Journalists in this city do not have.

41 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Lol..   I can still remember J Patterson whining for months about trading for JT ,  apparently he wasn’t worth a 1st !   

The fact remains the JT has helped to form the “hull” of this ship and how it performs..

I continue to hope we can fairly acquire an extension of his stay in Vancouver over the Summer.

Even if this type of point production wanes a bit ,  it’s not going to vanish,.   And what he contributes in leadership by example in his play,  is wearing off onto the shoulders of other players here.

numbers,   Are one thing.. 

Ethic, personality, and style can bring you more.

Something Journalists in this city do not have.

and what do you make of the "reports" that he has no intention of re-signing in Van?

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

and what do you make of the "reports" that he has no intention of re-signing in Van?

Looney Toons Tweety GIF

Didn’t we here that before Christmas too,  agent and player denied.. < truth..

no matter the Qanon theories behind it.

If a Coach like Boudreau wants you, a coach that is allowing you to play to your best, and you developing into a great leader in the process for it..  helping to install the change in culture,   that can hold some weight.

The latest rumour was a “report” from an NHL executive saying he would never sign in a Canadian market .

Lol,.   What after his 7 th beer in a public watering hole in New York City, across from a slobbering drunk journalist..  making out house bets on next season .

^^ that’s my “report” btw ;)

This is all getting a bit Ferris Wheel..

like I say, I hope we can resign him in the off season or before Christmas next season.

We don’t really know what is going on in players lives,.  Or how they look at life in general.

40 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, consider the source is what I always say.

Miller said that he is tired of the trade rumours.

“It’s just annoying,” said Miller on Canucks Central with Satiar Shah and Dan Riccio on Sportsnet 650 last Wednesday. ”It seems like one or two guys Tweet out something and the whole world buys into it.”

Let's remember, that this is prime time for "reporters" to generate a buzz and some talk. That's what they get paid to do.

But I recall many trades in the past that were "reported on" but never came to fruition. Brock. In the past Bieksa.

I'll wait and see because the player and his agent ultimately decide then start to negotiate according to that. They don't always let the guys on Twitter know exactly what they're thinking. They tend to play their hands close to their chests and it's more of a guess than anything.

Remember, many of these reporters were also calling JT a bust not long ago.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

9 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Well, consider the source is what I always say.

Let's remember, that this is prime time for "reporters" to generate a buzz and some talk. That's what they get paid to do.

But I recall many trades in the past that were "reported on" but never came to fruition. Brock. In the past Bieksa.

I'll wait and see because the player and his agent ultimately decide then start to negotiate according to that. They don't always let the guys on Twitter know exactly what they're thinking. They tend to play their hands close to their chests and it's more of a guess than anything.

Remember, many of these reporters were also calling JT a bust not long ago.

Finally Deb,   We have the possibility of hanging on to a Smyl or Doan quality leader..

Others who can’t see that are lighting sparklers and throwing confetti hoping to exchange him for water soluble glitter.

Miller is Quality.   and Real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Finally Deb,   We have the possibility of hanging on to a Smyl or Doan quality leader..

Others who can’t see that are lighting sparklers and throwing confetti hoping to exchange him for water soluble glitter.

Miller is Quality.   and Real.

So well said (love the water soluble glitter...yep). Grass is always greener.

It's like kids who are eagerly awaiting a birthday present and the anticipation of what they'll get. Might be socks.

This is a player that doesn't come around too often...which is why everyone wants him and we should keep him.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 2

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Looney Toons Tweety GIF

Didn’t we here that before Christmas too,  agent and player denied.. < truth..

no matter the Qanon theories behind it.

If a Coach like Boudreau wants you, a coach that is allowing you to play to your best, and you developing into a great leader in the process for it..  helping to install the change in culture,   that can hold some weight.

The latest rumour was a “report” from an NHL executive saying he would never sign in a Canadian market .

Lol,.   What after his 7 th beer in a public watering hole in New York City, across from a slobbering drunk journalist..  making out house bets on next season .

^^ that’s my “report” btw ;)

This is all getting a bit Ferris Wheel..

like I say, I hope we can resign him in the off season or before Christmas next season.

We don’t really know what is going on in players lives,.  Or how they look at life in general.

Pretty much exactly what I'd thought you'd say

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

It's like kids who are eagerly awaiting a birthday present and the anticipation of what they'll get. Might be socks.

This is a player that doesn't come around too often...which is why everyone wants him and we should keep him.

Been saying that ever since the Fiala rumour first started. How ridiculous do the ones sound when they were willing to do a 1v1 swap? 

Move out other salary to resign him period. 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

God I hate getting socks !!

Thats why I go barefoot in my foot wear now!

.. Then they started buying me Gonch.…. 
.. so shall we say,  I stayed with that mind set,.

they don’t buy me gonch anymore.

Home Depot gift Cards baby!!  I won.

• Haha 1

Colorado loading up, wouldn't be shocked to see them look to add up front and with Landeskog likely out til the playoffs they may very well be able to. If there's a team out west looking to go all in it'll be them. 

Edited by Coconuts

22 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Socks are good!!  It’s the parents that knows best for kids.  Lol.

Avs have this season and next before MacKinnon gets his new deal. They won't be able to afford to keep Kadri after this season is up as their 2C. Guess who's also signed for this season and next and who could fill in as their 2C? JT Miller.

Wouldn't be remotely surprised to see them make a push for him. 

6 hours ago, Provost said:

Escrow was already at above 10% pre-Covid so the cap was inflated beyond what it should have been and there were rumblings about making it go away in the next round of bargaining, so the US TV deal probably offsets that.

The answer is I don’t know either, the only thing I do know is the league with all their inside information can’t even get their projections right 6 months ahead of time for the next season… so some yahoo on the forums certainly can’t do it a decade out with zero actual info or access to their business plans.

If you want Miller bad enough anything is possible.

I would also suggest whispering him name 3 times out loud as you look into a mirror exactly at midnight.

Miller

Miller

Miller

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

If you want Miller bad enough anything is possible.

I would also suggest whispering him name 3 times out loud as you look into a mirror exactly at midnight.

Miller

Miller

Miller

Hey, I personally don’t think we should sign Miller to a big dollar and long term contract… but I understand the sentiment behind wanting to do it.  He is our best player (skater) by a long shot.

If I am deciding between $7.5 million for Boeser or $8.5 million for Miller (today’s Miller), that is an easy decision.  If the term was right, I even think 4 years from now we could be better off with Miller than Boeser at similar money.

I am even fine trying to extend him at the beginning of July and seeing if he will put pen to paper.  If he doesn’t extend early (and for a 6 year term or lower cap hit for a longer term)  he just shouldn’t start next season with us and he should be traded.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Friedman suggesting the Canucks are looking to clear cap to extend Miller

Interesting. Not surprising. I believe if the Canucks said they are looking to sign him long term, and also said they are entertaining offers on him both statements are true.

Basically what comes first. Although JT has earned himself a real nice raise, I hope the term doesn't handicap the team after the 4 year mark.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Interesting. Not surprising. I believe if the Canucks said they are looking to sign him long term, and also said they are entertaining offers on him both statements are true.

Basically what comes first. Although JT has earned himself a real nice raise, I hope the term doesn't handicap the team after the 4 year mark.

it is curious. I think it must mean he's open to an extension if the money is equivalent to the open market.

I'm not worried about the back end of the deal, we're likely looking at a re-tool then anyway if Demko walks to UFA status. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1