The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

50 minutes ago, stawns said:

what'd I miss on my 6 day "vacation"?

what'd they get for miller?

B) 

I heard Bo got the rest of the guys together to get Miller a gift certificate to White Spot for reaching the 80pt plateau.  We'll all just have to wait and see what they get for Miller when he reaches 100 points.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I heard Bo got the rest of the guys together to get Miller a gift certificate to White Spot for reaching the 80pt plateau.  We'll all just have to wait and see what they get for Miller when he reaches 100 points.

Two White Spot gift certificates ;)

Miller isn't re-signing with us.  He made those comments after the terrible (after bubble success) offseason Benning had.  We lost Tanev, Marky, and Tofu and spent even more money bringing in Schmidt, Holtby, and re-signing Jake.  Miller has inside perspective of our owner's involvement in the direction Benning took with those moves.  He's playing great, and is a leader of our team.  We need to trade him to the Avs after they lose in round one.  Big return to set us up for the next decade. 

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller isn't re-signing with us.  He made those comments after the terrible (after bubble success) offseason Benning had.  We lost Tanev, Marky, and Tofu and spent even more money bringing in Schmidt, Holtby, and re-signing Jake.  Miller has inside perspective of our owner's involvement in the direction Benning took with those moves.  He's playing great, and is a leader of our team.  We need to trade him to the Avs after they lose in round one.  Big return to set us up for the next decade. 

Alright Alf. Time to reflect on life and stay away from the Miller subject. 

10 hours ago, stawns said:

With which he will purchase two Pirate Paks!

that brings back memories. My daughter would order one but drink her milk shake first and then not eat the damn thing since she was too full, so I would have to eat it. Had to do some extra workouts over those things. 

maybe thats Bo's plan, fatten Miller up so no one wants to sign him. 

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

Alf says stuff right outta crazytown at times….but I’ve never really been convinced that JT wants to keep playing in Canada. I’ll be happy to be wrong though.

I'm not sure where this idea comes from. The guy is giving his full effort here two seasons before he's a UFA. If he hated it here he'd be dragging his arse, not emerging as a team leader. He's not trying to cash in on his last year before UFA status. 

• Vintage 1

tbh he will likely not improve upon this year, so his best bet to cash in would be to sign this offseason a massive extension...also, he won't be getting zebinejad money, he will be a year older when his ext kicks in than Z was and Zs numbers area better over a longer period of time by far. I bet its something like 7.5x7 years from Canucks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

I'm not sure where this idea comes from. The guy is giving his full effort here two seasons before he's a UFA. If he hated it here he'd be dragging his arse, not emerging as a team leader. He's not trying to cash in on his last year before UFA status. 

That’s the thing. There is not one proof Miller wants out. He is living the dream in a dream town. 

This “may as well not try because we’re gonna lose anyways” mentality is killing me.

When Vancouver fans do this, it just makes them sound like super sore losers.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

26 minutes ago, Me_ said:

That’s the thing. There is not one proof he want out. Miller is loving the dream in a dream town. 

This “may as well not try because we’re gonna lose anyways” mentality is killing me.

When Vancouver fans do this, it just makes them sound like super sore losers.

Things got built up way too much, with the idea that a Miller trade this TDL was the giant springboard to a dream team. 

I think we have a good core now, and would like to see us built up with complimentary pieces that make us as effective as the recent LA teams were. I think we're much closer to that, than this two year rebuild idea. 

If we can bulk this team up with 3-4 more complimentary players like we see on teams like Minni, Demko can carry this team in the post season. 

Edited by JM_
  • Thanks 2
  • Vintage 1