The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

Just now, Scottydzik said:

Just dunno if we’re still good enough if we do that I think miller trade for stud prospect on cheap contract who can play next year plus high picks plus boeser for rhd D like mayfield on cheap contract keeps us room to still be good and chase free agency fits 

Kuzmenko replaces Boeser.

In not one world does a Miller trade become a fix all for the Canucks. None.

1 minute ago, Me_ said:

Kuzmenko replaces Boeser.

In not one world does a Miller trade become a fix all for the Canucks. None.

Really so your saying 2nd overall Wright plus Zacha 3 mil zadarov 3.5 So next year with Wright zacha zadarov in our lineup without jt isn’t better?

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

There aren't a lot of guarantees in the NHL, but one thing is for certain,  either Wright or Slapshotsky will be available at #2.  Then you take a d-man at #15.  

If Wright doesn't go #1 then I'd do that trade, but I personally don't see it as enough to get Slaf or anyone else rated near the top. I mean, it does free up a ton of cap space to sign someone else as well, but that would be a tough gamble. I'm torn on Miller straight up for #2.

30 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If Wright doesn't go #1 then I'd do that trade, but I personally don't see it as enough to get Slaf or anyone else rated near the top. I mean, it does free up a ton of cap space to sign someone else as well, but that would be a tough gamble. I'm torn on Miller straight up for #2.

With their young depth down the middle I could easily see NJ taking Slavkovsky.  He'd compliment their center talent and could play immediately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

With their young depth down the middle I could easily see NJ taking Slavkovsky.  He'd compliment their center talent and could play immediately. 

I think maybe my point wasn't terribly clear: If Montreal doesn't take Wright and he's available at #2 then I would do that trade Miller for 2OA in order to draft Wright, but if Wright goes #1 then I wouldn't, as I don't think Miller straight up to get Slav or anyone else is enough. I agree NJ would likely take Slavy if Wright goes #1, as he fits what they need. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I think maybe my point wasn't terribly clear: If Montreal doesn't take Wright and he's available at #2 then I would do that trade Miller for 2OA in order to draft Wright, but if Wright goes #1 then I wouldn't, as I don't think Miller straight up to get Slav or anyone else is enough. I agree NJ would likely take Slavy if Wright goes #1, as he fits what they need. 

Good point.   I tend to agree with this.

To me, the more interesting question is what do you do if the offer is NJ #1 next year unprotected for Miller + ? 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

To me, the more interesting question is what do you do if the offer is NJ #1 next year unprotected for Miller + ? 

Big no for me. Sure, a lottery ticket would be nice, but for all we know NJ could progress and that pick doesn't hit and we just traded Miller + for 10OA. Too big of a risk, especially when it sounds like teams are starting to bid on Miller right now. I sense that Allvin & Co will be getting either a super high-quality or super high-quantity return for Miller very soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I love the idea of this, but I don't make that trade.with NJ. That team has so much potential if they trade for a goalie. If we make that trade, I could see the next move is them trading for Gibson and us picking in the middle of the round.

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Big no for me. Sure, a lottery ticket would be nice, but for all we know NJ could progress and that pick doesn't hit and we just traded Miller + for 10OA. Too big of a risk, especially when it sounds like teams are starting to bid on Miller right now. I sense that Allvin & Co will be getting either a super high-quality or super high-quantity return for Miller very soon.

Quality >>>>quantity,  every time, every time.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

1 minute ago, Shayster007 said:

I love the idea of this, but I don't make that trade.with NJ. That team has so much potential if they trade for a goalie. If we make that trade, I could see the next move is them trading for Gibson and us picking in the middle of the round.

Not sure I'd do it either,  but imagine JR contemplating the potential of getting the next 'Crosby' for this organization?  That would be tempting. 

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Miller >>>>Fiala in pretty much every way.  Age factor to me is negated by his PO experience and intangibles.  The only ??? for any team interested is dollar/term and when is his decline going to onset?