The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

11 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe!

Folks can speculate all they like, but anyone who claims to know what'll happen without providing sources is simply talking out their ass

Absolutely.

Someone on here said that Rathbone was as good as gone before he signed his one-way deal, as though it was written in stone. 

And you this as a matter of fact, how? 

Anyway, the same thing. 

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Said it all along, temper expectations, the value you are likely to get in a JT Miller deal isn't as lavishing as many thought it would be. 

False.

The price changes every time one more of these forwards comes off the market.

What those two got means nothing. All that matters is how many top line forwards are out there and what teams are interested.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Absolutely.

Someone on here said that Rathbone was as good as gone before he signed his one-way deal, as though it was written in stone. 

And you this as a matter of fact, how? 

Anyway, the same thing. 

We can argue all we like and go around in circles but none of are gonna will any player signing or trade into existence over the internet 

Edited by Coconuts

14 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Said it all along, temper expectations, the value you are likely to get in a JT Miller deal isn't as lavishing as many thought it would be. 

I’m excited to see a trade proposal from the Rangers with at least 1 premium future piece though. Their 1rst (30th overall), Lundkvist (small bottom pairing RHD) and Chytil are all B or less prospects.

Just now, DeNiro said:

False.

The price changes every time one more of these forwards comes off the market.

What those two got means nothing. All that matters is how many top line forwards are out there and what teams are interested.

And the winning window of teams.  Washington and The Rangers aren’t wanting to spend on Debtincat.  They need a mature player who is at his best right now, and who plays centre too.  Same with Pittsburgh and Carolina.  Debrincat and Fiala were of more interest to Jersey.  

7 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Girl " @Me_, we have to use a condom so we don't get pregnant"

@Me_ "We don't need to use a condom, there is a very small chance you might not get pregnant"

Girl " But condoms reduce the chance of pregnancy by 95%"

@Me_" MMMMMMMMMM but not necessary"

Have to side with @Me_ here not necessary! :gocan:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We can argue all we like and go around in circles but none of are gonna will any player signing or trade into existence over the internet 

Huh? Argue? I'm agreeing with you. Haha! 

Just now, Alflives said:

And the winning window of teams.  Washington and The Rangers aren’t wanting to spend on Debtincat.  They need a mature player who is at his best right now, and who plays centre too.  Same with Pittsburgh and Carolina.  Debrincat and Fiala were of more interest to Jersey.  

Plus C

Plus Grit

Plus Leadership

Plus 100pts

Still sweating tho

I'm getting Benning vibes from this whole Miller distraction. It feels like Allvin is afraid to pull the trigger, he probably had a few great offers already, but he's being patient, thinking he could get more.

Well, Debrincat just brought CHI back a nice haul, and Miller should get much more than that, but the price might be too rich now for other teams. Is Allvin going to miss the boat and then scramble to re-sign Miller for more than the Canucks were initially willing to re-sign him for? 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

I'm getting Benning vibes from this whole Miller distraction. It feels like Allvin is afraid to pull the trigger, he probably had a few great offers already, but he's being patient, thinking he could get more.

Well, Debrincat just brought CHI back a nice haul, and Miller should get much more than that, but the price might be too rich now for other teams. Is Allvin going to miss the boat and then scramble to re-sign Miller for more than the Canucks were initially willing to re-sign him for? 

Likely.