The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That’s what JR was saying in his interview.  He said they couldn’t clear cap, like planned, because some of their guys they hoped to move needed sweetener added.  He said some of their guys will have some potential to be moved during the season. I’m thinking he’s talking about Pearson, Dickinson, Myers.  Miller and Garland, two their guys we might move, have bpvslue right now.  

Unless those guys get injured which is a Canuck tradition. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Source? 

There was a Pittsburgh reporter just on 650 talking about it.  Said the Pens are looking to move out more cap than they take back.  So likely Miller for Marino (their dollars are very close) and a contract + + 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Is Weegar a good player? 

Weegar is a fabulous right shot D, who is expected to carry a pair in Florida.  He’s tough as hell, mean as they come, and has very good skills.  Be the perfect partner for Hughes.  He could be second fiddle, which suits his skills better.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

There was a Pittsburgh reporter just on 650 talking about it.  Said the Pens are looking to move out more cap than they take back.  So likely Miller for Marino (their dollars are very close) and a contract + + 

I absolutely hate it. We started off with an ask of : a 1st, a top prospect, and a roster player. Now we're willing to trade Miller for a #4/5 d man and some spare parts/contract dump? 

I would do Garland for Marino, but it it's Miller I'm asking for Marino, a first, and either Owen Pickering or Sam Poulin. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

I absolutely hate it. We started off with an ask of : a 1st, a top prospect, and a roster player. Now we're willing to trade Miller for a #4/5 d man and some spare parts/contract dump? 

I would do Garland for Marino, but it it's Miller I'm asking for Marino, a first, and either Owen Pickering or Sam Poulin. 

Man if the can flip Garland and Pearson for picks and trade Miller for Marino and Owen P I'd take the cap dump back. Just gotta make it work cap wise. Gotta see multiple deals here soon

• Like 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Which reporter?

If true, I think the Canucks would be open to Zucker. Played amazing hockey under Boudreau, and Rutherford was the one who brought him to Pitts:

image.png.51d8af8475bd60f1f0962952c139882e.png

Maybe Miller, Pearson for Marino, Zucker, Poulin, a 1st 2023, 2nd 2024?

They clear out 10M, Canucks give them 8.75

Both teams get their needed positions filled. Pearson could be put back with Malkin, even tho his statistical totals weren't great that year:

image.png.37cd91e1bf964900629f323f7bc7bd1a.png

An alternative could be Marcus Pettersson who Hextall has long been rumoured to be trying to trade, but he doesn't really fit into the Canucks roster. He was another Rutherford/Allvin addition

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

Fan speculation isn’t the same as negotiations.  Zero evidence that this is the route management is looking to take.  Just because fans are panicking into giving away Miller doesn’t mean JR/PA are doing the same.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Which reporter?

If true, I think the Canucks would be open to Zucker. Played amazing hockey under Boudreau, and Rutherford was the one who brought him to Pitts:

image.png.51d8af8475bd60f1f0962952c139882e.png

Maybe Miller, Pearson for Marino, Zucker, Poulin, a 1st 2023, 2nd 2024?

They clear out 10M, Canucks give them 8.75

Both teams get their needed positions filled. Pearson could be put back with Malkin, even tho his statistical totals weren't great that year:

image.png.37cd91e1bf964900629f323f7bc7bd1a.png

An alternative could be Marcus Pettersson who Hextall has long been rumoured to be trying to trade, but he doesn't really fit into the Canucks roster. He was another Rutherford/Allvin addition

Don’t know the reporter’s name.  It was a girl though.  She said the Pens are trying to move Marino.  

Miller not getting traded now. He'll be here at the very least until tdl. They'll try to re sign him by then. Lots of time between now and then. If team is competitive they might not trade him at all. 

JR amd PA clearly plan on being competitive making playoffs and trying to win a couple of rounds. 

They'll improve the D next via trade. 

• Like 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

Miller not getting traded now. He'll be here at the very least until tdl. They'll try to re sign him by then. Lots of time between now and then. If team is competitive they might not trade him at all. 

JR amd PA clearly plan on being competitive making playoffs and trying to win a couple of rounds. 

Hard to tell until Kadri and the midget get signed.  We could get a great deal from a GM desperate to keep up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Oh Yea I think it's Garland, Pearson, and Dicky now.

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Hard to tell until Kadri and the midget get signed.  We could get a great deal from a GM desperate to keep up.

You may  be right. Perhaps we'll get an offer JR won't be able to refuse. Something too good to pass up like a top pair RHD

But for me all signs point to them keeping Miller atleast until tdl. They're building upon what we have not selling for picks and prospects. 

I think they trade for a mid level RHD and that's the roster to start the season. 

11 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I’m not sure how they fit Miller, Bo and Brock? 

The thing I’m scared with is if Miller becomes a distraction during the season. Is that something management wants to take a gamble on?