The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

41 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

If JR wins us a cup in 3-4 yrs, I don't care who they hire to succeed him.  Even Messier is fine too. 

I prefer that clown selling potato chips and hero sandwiches thank you.  
His personality and character is not suitable for managing people or business at any level,

Hoglander 2023 3rd Dermott to Islanders Mayfield 

Myers Pearson To Ottawa 2023 2nd Bernard Docker

Ltir Ferland 3.5 Poolman 2.5=6 million relief 

Out Cap space=12million

Sign Klingberg 6x7.85

Sign Milano  1x1.5

Sign Subban 1x3.5

In Cap space 13 million 

Lines

Kuzmenko Miller Garland

Mikheyvev Petey Boeser

Podz Horvat Milano 

Dickenson Lazar Joseph 

Hughes Mayfield 

Ek Klingberg

Rathbone Subban

Schenn 

Do we like?

Edited by Scottydzik

11 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Weed 420 Blaze It GIF by MOODMAN

Speaking of ..

13 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Hoglander 2023 3rd Dermott to Islanders Mayfield 

Myers Pearson To Ottawa 2023 2nd Bernard Docker

Ltir Ferland 3.5 Poolman 2.5=6 million relief 

Out Cap space=12million

Sign Klingberg 6x7.85

Sign Milano  1x1.5

Sign Subban 1x3.5

In Cap space 13 million 

Lines

Kuzmenko Miller Garland

Mikheyvev Petey Boeser

Podz Horvat Milano 

Dickenson Lazar Joseph 

Hughes Mayfield 

Ek Klingberg

Rathbone Subban

Schenn 

Do we like?

• Haha 2

Miller not going anywhere until atleast tdl

JR said today on Dhaliwal and Donny show what I been saying. What's the problem.  

Finally got a mgmt guy who can talk to media and say it as it is instead of being a pleaser and talking like a politician. 

JR said what is right.. no need to worry there is no rush..see what happens at tdl. Until then everyone relax. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Miller not going anywhere until atleast tdl

JR said today on Dhaliwal and Donny show what I been saying. What's the problem.  

Finally got a mgmt guy who can talk to media and say it as it is instead of being a pleaser and talking like a politician. 

JR said what is right.. no need to worry there is no rush..see what happens at tdl. Until then everyone relax. 

I guess the only concern for me is what if the offers at the TDL aren’t any good as they are now. Let him walk in the off-season? 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

I guess the only concern for me is what if the offers at the TDL aren’t any good as they are now. Let him walk in the off-season? 

lol imagine the "bidding war" doesn't materialize at the TDL.. and there's only 1 or 2 team come asking with abysmal offers.. they are going to get roasted for trading him for chump change or they are going to get run out of town for letting him walk for nothing.. and the only option is to re-sign him at all cost so we don't lose him for nothing and come out and say that was the plan all along lol.

Depending on where Kadri lands, we might see NYI circle back and Allvin demand more. Sounds like he's letting teams discuss contracts now with Miller so there still might be some movement. If NYI want to throw their 1st in there for next year that would be a nice gamble because they could easily still suck and give us a very good pick in a good draft.

Dobson isn't going anywhere though, they do have some neat centers to pick from but we really do need RD and apart from Dobson and Pulock they lack quality. The only RD prospect they have is Wilde, a 22yo massive 6'3 shutdown guy but he's in Sweden and hasn't played in the NHL yet (former 2nd rounder) so bit of a flyer.

I wonder if there's a trade involving a center + defenceman + 1st for Miller. Any combo of these:

Pageau + Pulock + 1st (too much coming back)

Pageau + Wilde + 1st (too little)

Barzal + Wilde + 2nd (doubt Barzal moves)

Nelson + Wilde + 1st

To be honest I'm not blown away by anything they can offer but sadly they (or Washington) are realistically our only trading partners left. Almost better to wait until TDL or resign him IMO but I think Lou will have another pick before the off-season is done.

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

There are no good offers right now.. everyone trying to get better thru free agency signings..

If we're a 100 point team gliding into playoffs then you keep him. Try win cpl rounds and see what happens if he walks he walks..if we suck and not a playoff team we'll get 1 roster player prospect and 1st at tdl and we take it.

We're not getting anything more now than we would at tdl.  So no rush. No hurry.  

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol imagine the "bidding war" doesn't materialize at the TDL.. and there's only 1 or 2 team come asking with abysmal offers.. they are going to get roasted for trading him for chump change or they are going to get run out of town for letting him walk for nothing.. and the only option is to re-sign him at all cost so we don't lose him for nothing and come out and say that was the plan all along lol.

Is there a bidding war right now?

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Is there a bidding war right now?

prolly not anymore after free agency started and most team fills their need. if there was interest, peak would be at the draft. after the free agency everyone spent their cap no contender can straight up take miller without a cap dump nor are we in a position to take a cap dump. but it's ok i know you are in the keep Miller at all cost camp even if it means signing him to the biggest inflated contract on this team you wouldn't even care as long as we keep him.

15 minutes ago, Paul-walker said:

Rutherford recently said he wanted to get a deal done for Miller by the draft, now he is saying trade deadline. He is getting signed.
Calgary took a step back by loosing their top player. 

If they sign Miller, do they have enough to sign Bo? 

31 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

if he plays well again there will be a bidding war going into the playoffs. If he doesnt play as well as he did last season, the Canucks will have negotiating leverage to get a cheaper extension. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

prolly not anymore after free agency started and most team fills their need. if there was interest, peak would be at the draft. after the free agency everyone spent their cap no contender can straight up take miller without a cap dump nor are we in a position to take a cap dump. but it's ok i know you are in the keep Miller at all cost camp even if it means signing him to the biggest inflated contract on this team you wouldn't even care as long as we keep him.

Not true.

I am in the camp that we keep him until tdl. If we look like a solid playoff team we keep him and try win some rounds... IF we don't look like a playoff team and can't re sign him to a 5 or 6 year under 7.5 mill we trade him for a pick prospect and a mid level roste player. 

I would  not keep him if it requires 7 yrs over 8 mill.  

If it's reasonable deal I'd resign him in the max 6 yrs 7.5 aav range. Give or take a bit on aav but not term more than  6 yrs.