Podzilla

3 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, didn't even mention the LDs:

Graves, Bahl, L. Hughes...

I just hope Lamoriello doesn't school Allvin in a trade, if one happens

Not gonna happen.

School's out for summer.

A. Cooper:  "School's out for ever!"

JR and PA are old school, just like Lou.

We don't have to win trades; we just have to make it beneficial to both teams, etc.

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

This is what I do not get at all.Jtm will be tradedI.If  plays the year we will trade him at tdl,yes we would get less but our team will be better with him.At tdl we will still get a good return,so why are people so upset?

canuck fans have no patience, I get it we have all suffered through the Jim Benning era...Let's give this beefed up and experienced front office some time to assess and make decisions before we all start freaking out...its July, nearly 3 months before the season starts. We just saw Pit make 2 trades today, so teams are still talking...

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Marino also skates well and moves the puck, while being better defensively, younger and cheaper.

I wouldn’t say Marino is better defensively.

Severson has over 100+ more minutes against elite competition than Marino, matching up against the opponent’s top line every game. 

• Like 1

I’m concerned how the team has spent to the cap and lost a ton of leverage on moving players salaries out without adding a kicker. Everyone now knows the team wants to create cap space and are currently $2.7 million over. Also, missing out on the 3 last major deadlines to deal Miller all but shows he will be retained and we are basically going to run the same team next year. 

5 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

I’m concerned how the team has spent to the cap and lost a ton of leverage on moving players salaries out without adding a kicker. Everyone now knows the team wants to create cap space and are currently $2.7 million over. Also, missing out on the 3 last major deadlines to deal Miller all but shows he will be retained and we are basically going to run the same team next year. 

It is not ideal, but if they didn't sign Mikheyev right away he would have signed elsewhere. Let's hope that signing is going to prove to be worthwhile, but any signing always comes with a question mark of will this player fit with our roster of players and live up to his price tag. 

8 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

No rush to move Miller...3 months till the regular season starts and another what 5 months till the 2023 TDL. Miller's value won't get much higher regardless of what his season is for us leading up to the deadline and it won't drop much if he say is playing a a 0.75ppg this year for us leading up to the deadline. A team will look at the whole body of work he has had since joining the Canucks and what he will do to help their team come playoff time. 

JT will go for a 1st round pick plus at the TDL if he is still here, it is not like he will be worth nothing...people need to stop overreacting and give it a rest and enjoy your summer. We are all anxious to see what a return would be if we dealt him but it ain't like we are playing a game on monday and get to see some fresh faces wearing Canucks jerseys

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, KyGuy123 said:

We have ~$1.7M in cap space once you factor in LTIR. We're not "over".

But yes, it would be nice to clear a mil here, a mil there etc.

Is it at all plausible to move out Garland as a “cap dump” but a really good cap dump for picks/prospects. Then a trade such as Miller, Hoglander, DiPietro for Severson and Bratt. Re-sign Bratt on a 2 year bridge deal. Garland+Miller out should be about what we need cap wise for Severson and a Bratt contract. The additions of Kuzmenko, Bratt, and Mikheyev should potentially make up for the losses of Miller, Garland, and Hoglander. And Severson makes our defense better immediately. If Bratt extends on a bridge deal under 5 mil it works financially. I think this roster with those changes is still very very close to how good we could be currently, except it really improves our defense big time. 

Am I grasping at straws here or does this seem like a reasonably potential idea? 

29 minutes ago, aGENT said:

We have ~$1.7M in cap space once you factor in LTIR. We're not "over".

But yes, it would be nice to clear a mil here, a mil there etc.

Wait really? How exactly does that work.

3.5 (Ferland) - 2.75 (the amount we are over) = 0.75 no?
Where is the extra 1?   What am I missing? lol

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

Wait really? How exactly does that work.

3.5 (Ferland) - 2.75 (the amount we are over) = 0.75 no?
Where is the extra 1?   What am I missing? lol if we're sign some

If you sign someone, you waive someone to maintain 23 man roster. Depending on the player, can be up to $1.1m waiver cost. So technically up to $1.85 I guess.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AC Readership said:

I think Nyquist has to come back to make cap room to sign Laine which complicates things. Would rather have Peake than Bean too.

Sure.  Not familiar with CBJ players.

22 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If you sign someone, you waive someone to maintain 23 man roster. Depending on the player, can be up to $1.1m waiver cost. So technically up to $1.85 I guess.

So it’s almost like conditional cap space.  It is available for a signing but not a trade.  (Unless that trade involved more incoming players than outgoing)   We could not trade Garland for a $6million D for example.

This team is so convoluted lol.