The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Again, you’re completely missing the point. This isn’t about who was or wasn’t traded at the deadline, this is about teams COMPETING FOR A PLAYOFF SPOT trading their guys. 

LoL read what was asked that I answered,ok Miller was a bad choice but was funny.I just said a main piece Evey team would want that was traded at a deadline for a draft pick and worked out for vegas

5 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Cody eakin who has been a playoff warrior over the years for a draft pick,yes not a big name but a player better in playoffs the regular season

Right after Vegas traded for Alec Martinez?  Yep, really packed it in that year.

53 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think a D man can make the kind of impact that losing 30 goals off the roster brought.

Not to mention the leadership and all the clutch game winning goals he scored for us.

Trading Miller will hurt that room. Might even do long term damage as the players will see it as management not willing to go for it now.

I do. A solid Dman trumps a forward any day.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

LoL read what was asked that I answered,ok Miller was a bad choice but was funny.I just said a main piece Evey team would want that was traded at a deadline for a draft pick and worked out for vegas

No you didn’t. What was asked was to give an example of just one team who was in the playoff picture leading up to the trade deadline, and they decided to trade one of their best players and you gave a team who was on the exact opposite end of the spectrum. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

No you didn’t. What was asked was to give an example of just one team who was in the playoff picture leading up to the trade deadline, and they decided to trade one of their best players and you gave a team who was on the exact opposite end of the spectrum. Lol.

Yup cause he was a Miller.Have you never heard ask a dumb question get a dumb answer?Then I answered it!

Just now, DeNiro said:

Exactly.

So that goes against us getting help in a Miller trade on the backend.

Can get it with a pick? But that's an unknown/gamble. 

Needs to be a two part deal but I think that creativity is gone. Too close to the cap and after the draft is harder.

52 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don’t think a D man can make the kind of impact that losing 30 goals off the roster brought.

Not to mention the leadership and all the clutch game winning goals he scored for us.

Trading Miller will hurt that room. Might even do long term damage as the players will see it as management not willing to go for it now.

This^

Trading Miller will weaken the team and for sure might hurt the room.  Also - it is unprecedented to trade your best player at the trade deadline if you are in the playoffs.

So keep him and sign him or if you can't do a deal you have to be ready to lose him for nothing if you are in a playoff position at the deadline. Miller's return will not be huge and the negative to the team of gutting them right before the playoffs is unprecedented and potentially a room killer. 

If the Nux are not in the playoff picture then go ahead and trade him at the deadline - otherwise it is possibly very damaging to the team.

JR said they will try to get the best return for him by the deadline - but if the nux are in the playoffs IMO he will not move Miller.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Well in our system we have 2 rhd that in the future will help but for now yes we need help and have trade parts that could help depends on what teams want in return

We have 4 right now that could portentously fill a role for us in the future.

Juulsen, Woo, Myrenberg, and Persson.

I would like to see Juulsen get a look this season. I think there could still be something there with him.

Edit: forgot about Johansson too. He may be the closest to making it actually.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1