The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

9 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yes you're welcome to view it like that but you have to admit it's a small sample size with a couple asterisks by it. I would call it an informed but risky conclusion. I usually judge on what actually happened. For me this group of players missed the playoffs again and they have to prove they can put together an 82 game run against some very good teams. We'll see what they do. I hope it's as easy and simple as you guys make it sound. I'll gladly eat my words on this one when we win the division. :canucks:

I see what you are saying about the small sample size

However I was on the fire green train hard as it was painfully obvious to me that green did not know how to coach an NHL team. So when they took off under BB i wasn’t surprised 

if the d zone structure can be improved and not collapse but have better puck pressure/pursuit i think this roster will be very hard to play against

the forward depth looks to be there and while the D can be upgraded its still average and teams with average D have won cups before and all im talking about is them being a playoff team

9 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are almost there.  9 more pages to go.  What will happen first?  Will we hit 1000 pages or will JT Miller get traded?

As we approach the trade deadline with Miller still unsigned..

y2k-2000.gif.553c07db35cd784b4214bde4f6ec0692.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Just seems like inefficient use of cap when we already have OEL that can put up that offense if properly partnered. And Hughes, and Rathbone... We need guys to play with/support THOSE guys, not add yet another guys that needs that support. Never mind guys closer to the same age as the core so we've got more runway. We should be targeting guys like Marino, Hague etc, not older, expensive guys that don't represent skill sets we're already shy on.

Definitely thinking along the same lines in general if we can do that.  Marino, Severson, Larsson would be great targets but they also won't come for free.  Still feel Miller should net us Severson + which helps move the needle in that regard, and maybe we can find another two way or defensive RD to complement OEL.  Just hard to resist a former Norris candidate who can move the puck with ease, if if happens to come at a discount (No reports that would actually be the case however).  I've just seen the Canucks get stuck in the sand some games and puck movers can sometimes be the best defense.  Klingberg is no PKer, however I am not sure he is a tire fire in his own zone either, but even with the odd lapse, I feel paired with OEL would remove the risk, and OEL would have a high tempo partner to drive the offence together.  I'm not 100% sure it's the right way to spend the money either, but at 6M x 4 or something it could be worth the risk as that only takes him to 33.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EddieVedder said:

That offense is hurting

It needs some corrections as Pearson shouldn't be a 4th line winger and Lazar shouldn't be a 3C either (Maybe Dickinson can find his game again).  I was originally hoping Pearson would move for Zacha, but that never happened.  Other tweaks are needed, but adding the likes of Klingberg, Severson, Holtz for Miller improves the team in my mind. 

48 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Maybe our own Noah Juulsen?  Drafted 1st round, 26th overall in 2015, ahead of Marino, 6th round, 154th, same draft.  Also drafted ahead of Dermott (2nd round, 34th overall),  Andersson (2nd round, 53rd) and Kylington (2nd and 60th), all of whom have been mentioned in CDC trade proposals.  For sure, like Juolevi, injuries have stunted Juulsen's development, but he's finally healthy and may surprise us all at camp.

He has decent size (6' 2" and 201 lbs) and some snarl to his game

To be honest, I've been thinking the same thing for a while.  His game last year impressed me and with his leadership he has shown in Abby I think he should have a real chance to show his defensive abilities.  Not sure he's at a top 4 level yet until he gets another injury free season under his belt, but he could be a good starter with Rathbone.  I really hope we have something in the works though to improve the right side.

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We are almost there.  9 more pages to go.  What will happen first?  Will we hit 1000 pages or will JT Miller get traded?

1000 pages and Miller gets traded for Severson and Holtz.  The deal has been done with NJ for weeks, but JR/PA are waiting for us to do our part and hit that milestone.  Klingberg deal has also been finalized for weeks.  Final push and we get to find out.....

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Googlie said:

Maybe our own Noah Juulsen?  Drafted 1st round, 26th overall in 2015, ahead of Marino, 6th round, 154th, same draft.  Also drafted ahead of Dermott (2nd round, 34th overall),  Andersson (2nd round, 53rd) and Kylington (2nd and 60th), all of whom have been mentioned in CDC trade proposals.  For sure, like Juolevi, injuries have stunted Juulsen's development, but he's finally healthy and may surprise us all at camp.

He has decent size (6' 2" and 201 lbs) and some snarl to his game

I def saw that in his game solid shuttdown guy with great passing def potential there

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Definitely thinking along the same lines in general if we can do that.  Marino, Severson, Larsson would be great targets but they also won't come for free.  Still feel Miller should net us Severson + which helps move the needle in that regard, and maybe we can find another two way or defensive RD to complement OEL.  Just hard to resist a former Norris candidate who can move the puck with ease, if if happens to come at a discount (No reports that would actually be the case however).  I've just seen the Canucks get stuck in the sand some games and puck movers can sometimes be the best defense.  Klingberg is no PKer, however I am not sure he is a tire fire in his own zone either, but even with the odd lapse, I feel paired with OEL would remove the risk, and OEL would have a high tempo partner to drive the offence together.  I'm not 100% sure it's the right way to spend the money either, but at 6M x 4 or something it could be worth the risk as that only takes him to 33.

I'd try and get Severson and Adam Larsson out of Seattle.  OEL and Larsson are buddies and would make a great pairing.  Hughes and Severson would also be dynamic together...

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd try and get Severson and Adam Larsson out of Seattle.  OEL and Larsson are buddies and would make a great pairing.  Hughes and Severson would also be dynamic together...

Those would be the ideal RD's for us based on what could be available.  OEL and Larsson would be a great pairing as would Hughes and Severson.  Severson + a strong prospect for Miller would be pretty straightforward deal, but I'm curious what it would take to pry Larsson from Seattle since they signed him and he provides some stability for them as they bring up their young guys.  Would Pearson as a future trade chip and Hoglander be enough to do that?  I doubt it would be enough.

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Those would be the ideal RD's for us based on what could be available.  OEL and Larsson would be a great pairing as would Hughes and Severson.  Severson + a strong prospect for Miller would be pretty straightforward deal, but I'm curious what it would take to pry Larsson from Seattle since they signed him and he provides some stability for them as they bring up their young guys.  Would Pearson as a future trade chip and Hoglander be enough to do that?  I doubt it would be enough.

They would want a young player.  Höglander might do the trick as they have a few Swedish players now.  Pearson + Höglander I would do that deal for Larsson.  Then I'd trade Myers to Dallas for a 2nd or 3rd round pick to recoup an asset.  Don't see Höglander in Boudreau's plans to be honest and we are loaded with young wingers now so he is kind of redundant and is a good trading chip...

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Wanless said:

And if edmonton didnt go on there improbable run with their coaching change they could have missed the playoffs

thats is such a silly argument. The team was winning games. PERIOD

and how can the newly acquired players for other teams work out, but ours wont

your arguments are weak 

did edmonton go on an improbable run? not really they started the year strong and then went thru a terrible slump in the middle and went back to their beginning of the season form after the coaching change.. i wouldn't call it improbable if they done it multiple times.. the team was winning games.. against bottom feeders. we are barely .500 against teams that ended up in the playoff..

how many teams in the pacific went thru a dramatic change other than calgary? LA added basically fiala. Vegas did pretty much nothing. Calgary lost offense but their defense is incredibly strong with or without weegar. we basically have a completely new 4th line 2 new top 6/9 wingers and a completely new bottom 6 defensive pairing. other than calgary we gone thru the most changes.. newly acquired players if it doesn't work out for other team it's 1 player.. we have 4 or 5.