The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] J.T. Miller Trade/Contract Talks

Podzilla

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, my take on things as they stand...

#1, we will not trade Miller (or likely anyone else substantial, Garland etc), until Kadri signs.

#2, unless Kadri signs with the Devils, NJ will be our ultimate trading partner to move either Garland or Miller for help at RD and more.

Severson + Mercer, Pulock + Raty, Necas + Morrow, MicMichael + Iorio (plus possibly other parts in these trades) 

Still options out there that fit our needs. 

1 hour ago, mll said:

If NYI had offered Dobson, do you really think that Rutherford/Allvin would have turned them down?

Miller would of course help them but certainly not at the cost of Dobson, Barzal or Sorokin.

Of course not.  Unless they were asking for the moon in return.  There was a deal on the table though.  It was either Pulock or Dobson that the Canucks were interested in.  Dobson is unsigned and may be asking for $8 million+.  Lou may not want to pay him what he wants.  We will see how this shakes out...

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We do this 1000 times out of 1000!  

Get ‘er done JR! :frantic:

Friggin’ Alf.

I remember the day he showed up out of the blue and people didn’t even believe he was a new poster with his fully developed character.

Now he’s first with 1000 for 1000 on page 1000.

He’s no Vintage, but he’s a classic nonetheless.

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Page 1000 and the only canuck related news is Jake Virtanen... I'm confused I thought smething more would happen.

Don't fret, as a trade is imminent in order to overshadow the blowback from Jake's verdict. This is the way. 

43 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Whooohooooo.....

Years from now, people will ask you, Where were YOU when the trade Miller thread got over 1000 pages, and WERE you doing your part to get it there???

Be sure and do your part to get to 2000 pages, if we work together, NOTHING is impossible!!! 

;)

I sure hope a trade happens before we have 2000 pages here, ffs. Can you handle reading a 1000 more proposals, lol.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course not.  Unless they were asking for the moon in return.  There was a deal on the table though.  It was either Pulock or Dobson that the Canucks were interested in.  Dobson is unsigned and may be asking for $8 million+.  Lou may not want to pay him what he wants.  We will see how this shakes out...

Not a chance that either were available.  Fixing the D was Lamoriello's top priority.

Pulock has an NTC and is just starting his new deal.  Dobson is a core player.

Just now, Alflives said:

Hughes Pulock

OEL (Adam) Larsson

Is much better. 

I'd argue Dobson is much better than Pulock - not to mention Dobson is younger.

I'd also argue Larsson is only marginally better than Myers. Adding in Dobson would take immense pressure off Myers anyways. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Not a chance that either were available.  Fixing the D was Lamoriello's top priority.

Pulock has an NTC and is just starting his new deal.  Dobson is a core player.

From all accounts there was a deal on the table.  Why would JR/PA want anything else from NYI other than a RHD which they have plenty of?

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

From all accounts there was a deal on the table.  Why would JR/PA want anything else from NYI other than a RHD which they have plenty of?

Bode Wilde maybe.

Pulock and Dobson are their only top-4 RDs and they are certainly not going anywhere.  Mayfield is a 3rd pairing D.

Lamoriello talked of adding 2 NHL Ds in the off-season.  They only got Romanov to play with Dobson but haven't added a 2nd one yet.  They only have 6 Ds projected for next season and might not be all that confident in Salo.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It would be Pulock we were after.  

He has an NTC and hasn't not even started his new deal that was handed out by Lamoriello.  It's simply not logical that he would be available.