The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Boeser On Block

Podzilla

1 minute ago, Provost said:

When you hear Rutherford speak, he isn't exactly glowing about Petterson while he is downright effusive about Hughes.

I wouldn't be stunned to see Petterson move, though the return would have to be ridiculous as it is hard to replace a 1st line who can score a point per game.

Is he that? If he is why would we trade him? I'm not saying he won't get traded I just don't think it'll be for a fortune like some suggest. As of right now he's a center who can't win faceoffs consistently, isn't physical, average defensively on his best nights and isn't scoring right now. We need to find out what he is before he puts his try pants on during his contract year. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

When you hear Rutherford speak, he isn't exactly glowing about Petterson while he is downright effusive about Hughes.

I wouldn't be stunned to see Petterson move, though the return would have to be ridiculous as it is hard to replace a 1st line who can score a point per game.

that would be a pretty bold, and likely very divisive move, unless it was something like bringing home Barzal (which I don't know why NYI does that).

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

Who is this PPG 1st liner you speak of?

I don’t want to trade Miller!

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

He is adamant about getting younger. I doubt there’s a Petey move unless it’s a PLD/Laine type but I have yet to see another player in Petey’s situation. Usually starts with the player wanting out. 

49 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Who is this PPG 1st liner you speak of?

I don’t want to trade Miller!

He already has .9 ppg career average since joining the league and just turned 23 years old.  Any team that is trading for him will be getting him just hitting the start of his prime and a safe bet at a PPG.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Provost said:

He already has .9 ppg career average since joining the league and just turned 23 years old.  Any team that is trading for him will be getting him just hitting the start of his prime and a safe bet at a PPG.

Do you pay full price for a sandwich because of what it tasted like a year ago?   
Or do you try to get it for half off?      
hahahah

While I think he is an overpaid disaster this year, I think people saying trade him at all are dumb. 

• Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

That is about the worst analogy I have ever seen.

Do sandwiches go through slumps and then get better?  Do they normally develop and get better for several years after they get made?  Do sandwiches taste better or worse depending on what other sandwiches are around them?  

You don’t pay for an old sandwich because there is zero potential for it to become a better Sandwich again.  That is not true for young star hockey players.

With posts like that, I don’t think you should be so quick to be calling other folks dumb.

Wow.  
Who buys a year old sandwich?   It was obviously not a serious response, kind of like you thinking any team is going to pay for Petey like he is still that almost PPG player.  
Value changes year to year.  His return to form isn’t guaranteed, and it doesn’t look like he will any time soon.  
Hopefully he does, but no one is going to pay like this year hasn’t happened. 

Having said all that, yeah…. People thinking trading him right now are dumb.   
Why wait until his value plummets before trading him?  

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

Is he that? If he is why would we trade him? I'm not saying he won't get traded I just don't think it'll be for a fortune like some suggest. As of right now he's a center who can't win faceoffs consistently, isn't physical, average defensively on his best nights and isn't scoring right now. We need to find out what he is before he puts his try pants on during his contract year. 

wasnt last year his contract year? 

1 hour ago, Provost said:

That is about the worst analogy I have ever seen.

Do sandwiches go through slumps and then get better?  Do they normally develop and get better for several years after they get made?  Do sandwiches taste better or worse depending on what other sandwiches are around them?  

You don’t pay for an old sandwich because there is zero potential for it to become a better Sandwich again.  That is not true for young star hockey players.

With posts like that, I don’t think you should be so quick to be calling other folks dumb.

Depends on if you’re talking about a sandwich or the sandwich.

A sandwich certainly doesn’t get better with age.

(Unless you’re hungover and you have half a sandwich leftover from the night before. Sometimes that sandwich is divine.) 

But the sandwiches I made when I was young can’t compare to the sandwiches I can make today.

And certainly a sandwich can taste better or worse, depending on the sandwiches around them.

Like when you’re at a picnic and you grab the last turkey swiss, from a platter with only warm egg salad sandwiches left. 

Or the sad looking gluten free sandwich my Celiac wife has to eat, while seeing her boys eating ones I’ve made on amazing fresh bread from the bakery.

And sandwiches do make comebacks. Just look at the tuna melt. Terribly out of fashion for years and nobody was making them, outside of diners and greasy spoons. But recently, it seems like they’re popping up on menus everywhere, even Michelin starred chefs.

And sometimes, old sandwiches just are the best. When I’m in a city with a good Jewish deli, I’m definitely ordering the Reuben. It’s probably a hundred year old sandwich, but sometimes the classics are the best. ;) 

(I’m just playing around with this analogy. And now I’m hungry. :lol:)

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I think Petey will be on the block before Brock. 

Would you have footage of this? I’d like to see that. Or the radio whatever it was. 

I always feel those intonations give the message…

Edited by Me_

9 hours ago, Provost said:

If such trade goes through, it has chance to be the next Cam Neely trade.

I too wouldn't be stunned to see Pettersson move but I know that would be a mistake considering that the two centers above him are 28 and 26 years old going towards UFA.

12 minutes ago, khay said:

If such trade goes through, it has chance to be the next Cam Neely trade.

I too wouldn't be stunned to see Pettersson move but I know that would be a mistake considering that the two centers above him are 28 and 26 years old going towards UFA.

IMO the only way you move Petey is if it is a PLD/Laine type deal. 

That took both players wanting out first though.

11 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO the only way you move Petey is if it is a PLD/Laine type deal. 

That took both players wanting out first though.

The other aspect is that the Jets had plenty of wingers that they could deal Laine. We don't have many centers coming behind Petey... in fact, we have none.

If Miller walks to UFA, our center depth is barren and we are screwed.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

The other aspect is that the Jets had plenty of wingers that they could deal Laine. We don't have many centers coming behind Petey... in fact, we have none.

If Miller walks to UFA, our center depth is barren and we are screwed.

We are deepest at our top 9 FWD group too. Petey/Pod/Hog/Garland/Boeser/Miller/Horvat.

Petey still developing at C too. Still needs work on at the dot.

I wouldn't move Petey if a long-term contender is what we're trying to build which is what Rutherford has sounded on multiple times. Miller seems like the odd man out.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Do you pay full price for a sandwich because of what it tasted like a year ago?   
Or do you try to get it for half off?      
hahahah

While I think he is an overpaid disaster this year, I think people saying trade him at all are dumb. 

I probably don't buy a year old sandwich at all.

• Cheers 2

I just want to know how many games in a row this team can win WITH Petey back in business.  It's pretty remarkable that this team makes a big jump when Petey joins the team and plays lights out.  Now this team is playing well with Petey being pretty MIA.  When with the stars align I ask?......April, May, June?!!!!

Petey's worth being patient for.  I suspect he's either injured or got too cocky over the summer.....both of which should be reversible issues.

Petey's ceiling is higher than Brock and at this point their salaries are similar.  Pretty clear who I'd keep.