The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

J.T Miller. Yes we really need him

Rate this topic

Odd.

Yeah I'm not a fan of trading away our top player even if we're down. We still have one year of a good cost controlled contract left on him, and if someone is giving us a 1st and RHD blue chip prospect as a start I would listen.

Right now, the org needs to gauge where they are at honestly, and leadership choices have to be made with the President/GM/Coach. Then we gotta see if the players in the room are open to some sort of reset/retool.

TLDR: A lot more evaluation and reflection, plus management moves need to happen first, trading him now would be kneejerk and counter productive. 

Edited by DSVII

1) Horvat and Miller have very high value right now.

2) It’s unlikely that either guy re-signs here after July 1st 2023.

3) This season has proven that the Canucks are not in “win now” mode and should be thinking about replenishing their cupboards instead.

Both Horvat and Miller would land you a 1st and/or elite prospects in independent deals.

Figuring this out is actually pretty straightforward.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I am down to trade everyone but Podz, Petey, OEL, Hoglander and Garland if the return is right. 

Personally, I would add Hughes, Boeser, Rathbone, Klimovich, Demko, and Dipietro to this list of keepers.  OEL and Myers as well due to their contracts.

Basically, I would just focus on Horvat and Miller for now.

2 minutes ago, PetterssonOrPeterson said:

We'll have to see but if this team doesn't do any better he might want to walk in FA himself.  

Go back home somewhere in the States.

I wouldn't want to see him leave though. He's a heart and soul Kesler type of guy and is pretty crucial for our team.

Kesler was heart and soul as well until he publicly requested a trade and lowered his trade value.  We better not do that with Miller.

1 minute ago, Patel Bure said:

Personally, I would add Hughes, Boeser, Rathbone, Klimovich, Demko, and Dipietro to this list of keepers.  OEL and Myers as well due to their contracts.

Basically, I would just focus on Horvat and Miller for now.

I was listing roster players. I'd totally send Hughes out for the right price. 

Dipietro is expendable, seeing as you mentioned him, considering Demko is a top 5 goalie in the league and young.