The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Edit)(Disscussion) Evander Kane UFA / Contract Termination Investigated

SilentSam

4 hours ago, timberz21 said:

To me there is absolutely no reason at all to take a risk on Kane.

1st of all, the Sharks can only retain 50%, therefore his cap hit would be 3.5M for multiple years still.  The risk (documented off-ice issues) vs reward (ceiling of 0.66 to 0.75 PPG) is just not worth it at that price/term.  

Also, at that price tag, there are probably a half-dozen other options that doesn't carry the risk that Kane does.

Finally, despite decent statistic 0.66PPG over his career, he has never help his teams win.  He's like a poor man Taylor Hall, gets good number everywhere he plays, but  he's not pulling his teams or making his teammates better.  He just get his share of points and that's it.

The only way I could see a deal for Kane, would be the Sharks buying him out and the Canucks signing him for league minimum and if it doesn't work out he's buried in the minor or mutually terminated.

Kanes team the SJ Sharks is just playing .500 hockey without him,.  With him they were better.

He is a 7m dollar player ..  where in this league are you going to find that type of output for 3.5m , without it costing more at some point.   3 seasons at 3.5 ,  when we are already in a position of moving Boeser or Pearson at 7 m. Makes too much sense.

Show me the documented off ice issues that have not been thrown out of a court of law that comes from a credible source with witnesses that have no conflicting relationship in any matter.

Youve bought into hype.. heading into the locker room of cancer next I suppose.??

lemmings GIF

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Kanes team the SJ Sharks is just playing .500 hockey without him,.  With him they were better.

He is a 7m dollar player ..  where in this league are you going to find that type of output for 3.5m , without it costing more at some point.   3 seasons at 3.5 ,  when we are already in a position of moving Boeser or Pearson at 7 m. Makes too much sense.

Show me the documented off ice issues that have not been thrown out of a court of law that comes from a credible source with witnesses that have no conflicting relationship in any matter.

Youve bought into hype.. heading into the locker room of cancer next I suppose.??

lemmings GIF

If it’s Pearson for Kane (50% retained) I’m fine with it.  But Evander has to grow up:

image.jpeg.8a5f929e98dbce0d7531dea8a01674cc.jpeg

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

lemmings GIF

His own teammates didn’t want him back!!!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 3

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If it’s Pearson for Kane (50% retained) I’m fine with it.  But Evander has to grow up:

Alf that picture was taken admist some locker room joking, and has been taken out of context,.   That was the documented comment from the photographer who took that picture.

2 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

His own teammates didn’t want him back!!!

That’s fine and going to be The Sharks loss,.  And it’s proving to be so.

i beleive that has not been “quoted” from anyone directly,. Although management has said they want to trade him.

They’ve handled this poorly.. they are going to eat it .

Kane will continue to play NHL hockey.

You know ,  it wasn’t too long ago players did some seriously wrong things and continued to play the game.

… at least he is not an alcoholic or a drug user..

was Bob Probert a cancer in dressing rooms?

.. should he have been?

Who calls who a cancer?

Who really knows anybody ?

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

They could just be messing around. I would actually say that this reflects poorly on Buff if that wasn't just them joking around.

Closer to TDL, I can see Kane becoming an attractive option for teams making a playoff push. And if that includes us, I wouldn't be against getting Kane at discounted cap hit. There is nice chemistry forming in all the lines and I wouldn't disturb it at this point by inserting anyone at this point.

I'd much rather let the guys play and see where we are come Feb/March.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

lemmings GIF

Aren't you oversimplifying it Sam? The legal problems are one thing but for me the biggest issue is that three NHL rosters have told their ownership to get rid of the guy. Is there value in $3.5 mil? Sure there is if he doesn't cause trouble. But that is the problem he has been a problem in 3 orgs. 

All this aside I rather the money be spent on the defense. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Aren't you oversimplifying it Sam? The legal problems are one thing but for me the biggest issue is that three NHL rosters have told their ownership to get rid of the guy. Is there value in $3.5 mil? Sure there is if he doesn't cause trouble. But that is the problem he has been a problem in 3 orgs. 

Rather is not a verb.

55 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We need to clear 3.5 to bring Kane in,.  
that shouldn’t disrupt too much..  

and before the trade deadline I think we have to move one of Boeser or Pearson.

but by adding the possibility of .75 ppg to any line could keep us playing hotter than hell offensively for the rest of the season.

Boudreau could easily get a good grasp of any possible flags.

I see Kane at the same point in life as Z Kassian..  time to leave the garbage alone and stop attracting the flies that come with it.

i certainly think Kane would be very grateful to be playing in his home city for 3 years after being playing away for 12 years.

Sometime you have to find the bottom of the hole to find your way out.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

How did they do last year again with him?  Tied for 2nd last in the division.  That's not better, and a large reason for the improvement is getting this piece of trash out of the room.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

We need to clear 3.5 to bring Kane in,.  
that shouldn’t disrupt too much..  

and before the trade deadline I think we have to move one of Boeser or Pearson.

but by adding the possibility of .75 ppg to any line could keep us playing hotter than hell offensively for the rest of the season.

Boudreau could easily get a good grasp of any possible flags.

I see Kane at the same point in life as Z Kassian..  time to leave the garbage alone and stop attracting the flies that come with it.

i certainly think Kane would be very grateful to be playing in his home city for 3 years after being playing away for 12 years.

Sometime you have to find the bottom of the hole to find your way out.

You are completely fixated on getting EK here. That's your problem. He's not the answer. Obviously he's a solid player when he isn't being a douche bag, but he is, so therein lies the answer. Move along. To suggest after 3 failures that he'll change is again, on you and your hardcore desire to play with the Canucks. All the best with that!

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

You are completely fixated on getting EK here. That's your problem. He's not the answer. Obviously he's a solid player when he isn't being a douche bag, but he is, so therein lies the answer. Move along. To suggest after 3 failures that he'll change is again, on you and your hardcore desire to play with the Canucks. All the best with that!

No I’m not fixated,.  But I see an opportunity,.
is there another power forward available ??

please let me know if here is,.  Cause I’d probably say let’s go after him too..

it’s the player type that we need,  not necessarily  the person .

“Douchebag” ? ?  
your going down that hole too..

show me direct comments from players .

so somehow, if he comes here and he fails it’s all on me ??  Lol!!

I’ll leave you with your empty wish list..  you won’t be able to afford a power forward without this type of opportunity..

remember what playoff hockey is like?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

That’s buff not Kane 

Some people don’t get it,.  It tells more about Buffs sense of humour and style than Kanes.

but if it was Kane upping the finger..  he’d be suspended, shamed on HNIC,  and the league for misconduct.

• Upvote 1

… to add this franchise has waited too long at times to move on opportunities, and it dosent matter what management group it has been.

.. or buying or selling a player..

but I can see more and more that they’ve probably not wanted to hurt the feelings of the popular, charitable fan base that feeds its existence.

Id like to see Kane come here just for that experience alone,.   Watch the forum light up , and burn down in a single day.

Teams that play on the edge and can physically stand up to the rigours of playoff hockey the longest,  wins cups.

Ever wonder why we haven’t..

close dosent count.  We’ve lost..

but I’m sure it was a nice friendly atmosphere in the dressing room ,

that’s all that matters.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Some people don’t get it,.  It tells more about Buffs sense of humour and style than Kanes.

but if it was Kane upping the finger..  he’d be suspended, shamed on HNIC,  and the league for misconduct.

Look at Big Buff’s face.  That’s not a finger flipped in humour.  Big Buff, who is a good guy (and a player on another team I actually cheered for) and it’s obvious he couldn’t stand Kane.

Still Kane @ 50% retained for Hamonic or Pearson works for me.  

• Vintage 1