The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Green to be Fired

Rate this topic

Me_

2 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

The rudeness, snark and hyperbole could be weeded out a bit. Anyone who's saying that Benning is the worst GM in the league and in Mike Millbury territory should get a slap. But all in all, its probably fine. We are in a rut. Tensions are high

Weeded out?

So censored then? I don’t think that’s the answer. You can’t just silence every fan you don’t agree with.

Theres a lot of fans that are pissed off right now, and rightfully so. Some are just more pissed than others. Likely fans who have been around a lot longer and seen the same problems over and over.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Aquilini would actually do himself a favour visiting this forum because right now he seems pretty out of touch with his fans.

Also seeing opinions that aren’t coming from yes men might do him some good.

No way he's paying attention to the noise.  If he listened to the masses we'd be through five GMs and coaches by now.   Like a yo-yo.   Right now the pendulum is near the top of one axis, a few more wins maybe it will swing back, a few losses stick where it still is.   Glad better minds are running the show. 

21 minutes ago, IBatch said:

No way he's paying attention to the noise.  If he listened to the masses we'd be through five GMs and coaches by now.   Like a yo-yo.   Right now the pendulum is near the top of one axis, a few more wins maybe it will swing back, a few losses stick where it still is.   Glad better minds are running the show. 

Do you honestly believe changing the coach and GM would be an overreaction right now? We’ve been the worst team in the league for the last 5 years…Literally any other franchise would have made a change by now.

Glad you’re happy with inaction and being the laughing stock of the league though. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Do you honestly believe changing the coach and GM would be an overreaction right now? We’ve been the worst team in the league for the last 5 years…Literally any other franchise would have made a change by now.

Glad you’re happy with inaction and being the laughing stock of the league though. Ignorance is bliss I guess.

How many times were the Canucks dead last in the last five years? How many 1st overalls did the Canucks draft, or lose position in the lottery?

The answer is none.

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Aquilini would actually do himself a favour visiting this forum because right now he seems pretty out of touch with his fans.

Also seeing opinions that aren’t coming from yes men might do him some good.

Fans are out of touch with reality due to the poison being spewed on air.

Five radio dumb dumbs lead the hate on in Vancouver and then the flying monkeys  who are sitting home alone, listening to these narcissistic bozos, spread the hate around.

The sports media in Vancouver is now so toxic after years of the same sheizahan, that players don’t want to come to play here.

Edited by Me_
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Five radio dumb dumbs lead the hate on, and then the flying monkeys spread the hate around.

The sports media in Vancouver is now so toxic after years of the same sheizahan, that players don’t want to come to play here.

image.jpeg.9ad219abd49a505a8c7c52103c345bb7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

No i said if he listened to the masses we'd have gone through 5 GMs and coaches already.   Your as bad as the Canucks media twisting what i just said, and better then that so stop. 

Edited by IBatch

23 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Five radio dumb dumbs lead the hate on in Vancouver and then the flying monkeys  who are sitting home alone, listening to these narcissistic bozos, spread the hate around.

We don't know if the last paragraph is true.   But can say they'd much rather play in a market happy to have them.   Hamonic is a great example of that.   Was absolutely stoked when he re-signed, last year made it pretty obvious we needed a vet on the R side.    Instead he's destroyed by the media.   Funny thing.  Many wise-men have said throughout the ages, whomever runs the "media" runs the world.   Sucks he wasn't ready to play at the start...and sucks Sutter was too.    That's ok Benning maybe if we have to play the blame game.   

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Two wins in a row, 6-7 solid games in a row and this thread is already toxic, 9 hours before puck drop.  Calling players trash, hoping for a Pit win, hoping for people to be fired.......what a disgusting "fan" base.

C'mon mods, how about we make this place palatable for reasonable people

Calling yourself reasonable while using an argument of futility is pretty funny. 2 wins in a row against 2 of the 3 teams worse than us in the standings isn't a reasonable person's argument, it's grasping for a blade of grass while about to fall off a cliff. 6-7 solid games where they went 2-4 or 2-5. Yeah, totally unreasonable for people to want change, so toxic to see the 8-14-2 record, 14th in the conference out of 16 with 1 team tied with 2 games in hand and suggest a coaching change. After all this is a team that made the playoffs...wait, what, oh, 2 years ago in a shortened season where they expanded the criteria otherwise it would make 7 out of 8 years missing them. But yeah, toxic as hell for fans not to be satisfied making the playoffs twice in 8 years. 

We should be happy with 6 playoff misses, 1 round won in 10 years. Relax people, you are being toxic because you dislike losing.  Start to like it like stawns the reasonable.

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Two wins in a row, 6-7 solid games in a row and this thread is already toxic, 9 hours before puck drop.  Calling players trash, hoping for a Pit win, hoping for people to be fired.......what a disgusting "fan" base.

C'mon mods, how about we make this place palatable for reasonable people

Next thing you know people are going to start advocating moving core guys like Boeser! :p 

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

If these guys are simply discussing what fans are already concerned about then it I have no problem with it. Anyone I have listened to are just exploring the concerns that have already been stated by of fans and digging deeper into them. Those of us who have been with this team for decades and hope to continue to follow them in the future are concerned and I am glafd that there can be a productive conversation on the matter.

There may be a few outlets that go too far and get into the personal lives of management and players. I will name names and say that I have tuned out Canucks Army because they often tend to sensationalize, try to make the news and cross personal boundaries with players. These guys never have an original thought or idea of their own and just repeat what they have heard other outlets say.

5 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Most of the players that we have on this team recently look like analytics signings. The Poolmans, Pearsons and Dickensons all passed the analytics tests. That's what we have here.

Someone sold Benning on analytics instead of just finding known quantities like the Sutters and Prusts.

Hopefully that person is fired along with Benning.  I'd rather a useful hockey player over someone the analytics dweebs like.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

My Juiolevi impersonation:

image.jpeg.2c17a51529589e3fcbf6b6bdb5696ac4.jpeg

Funny but that was a story that should have died on day 2 of training camp. Some local sports outlets such as the aforementioned one mentioned in my previous post refused to let it go and brought it up every day of training camp.

17 hours ago, GB5 said:

If these guys are simply discussing what fans are already concerned about then it I have no problem with it. Anyone I have listened to are just exploring the concerns that have already been stated by of fans and digging deeper into them. Those of us who have been with this team for decades and hope to continue to follow them in the future are concerned and I am glafd that there can be a productive conversation on the matter.

There may be a few outlets that go too far and get into the personal lives of management and players. I will name names and say that I have tuned out Canucks Army because they often tend to sensationalize, try to make the news and cross personal boundaries with players. These guys never have an original thought or idea of their own and just repeat what they have heard other outlets say.

I get your point. However, the Vancouver media is as toxic in good times as in bad times. I very much think that it had a major influence on the 2011 Cup run. 

The Canucks are playing for the freakin’ Cup and here they are criticizing our players into oblivion.

You know who bought completely into the program that year? Boston. The Boston media, and most people in Eastern Canada cheered for Boston partly because the toxic media spews venom on a National level and it made Vancouver look lame. 

No one respects the Canucks because the Vancouver media thrives on taking craps on the team. 

Has nothing to do with whether they are good or bad.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I get your point. However, the Vancouver media is as toxic in good times as in bad times. I very much think that it had a major influence on the 2011 Cup run. 

The Canucks are playing for the freakin’ Cup and here they are criticizing our players. 

You know who bought completely into the program that year? Boston. The Boston media, and most people in Eastern Canada cheered for Boston partly because the toxic media spews venom on a National level and it made Vancouver look lame. 

No one respects the Canucks because the Vancouver media thrives on taking craps on the team. 

Has nothing to do with whether they are good or bad.

I think AV is more to blame with the whole Luon8o thing and under utilizing Schneider. But I think media played a role as well. They wouldn't let go the 'pumping his tires' thing.

• Vintage 1