The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

Lots of BOS trade suggestions. Is that the team he's going to?

My guess is CBJ.  They really need a Top 6C, especially after bringing in Gaudreau.

Not expecting the world

Roslovic, Bean and 2nd (2022)

Other teams know VAN is hooped and Bo doesn't want to stay. Teams are going to lowball and I'm not confident in Allvin to hit a home run.

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd say the package needs to be:

Lysell

1st

Carlo

Debrusk

Yes it sounds like a lot, but how often does a guy like Horvat come along just about to enter his prime and scoring at a 50 goal rate as a centre capable of taking all of the most important faceoffs for the team...

Adding Debrusk gives us the flexibility to sell Boeser for dirt cheap as Debrusk can play those minutes for less cap.

He might not even interest Boston as a rental and he is unlikely to play ahead of Bergeron.   Canucks don't plan on giving teams permission to talk to him about an extension - ie he would be traded as a pure rental per Dhaliwal/Drance.  Boston is top of the league - not sure they would even want to disrupt their chemistry.

He is shooting at 22% - that doesn't feel sustainable.  He's not a playmaker either. 

Edited by mll

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

My guess is CBJ.  They really need a Top 6C, especially after bringing in Gaudreau.

Not expecting the world

Other teams know VAN is hooped and Bo doesn't want to stay. Teams are going to lowball and I'm not confident in Allvin to hit a home run.

CBJ is a great fit for Bo.  Little Johnny (Garden Gnome) is a very good play driver from wing.  Bo is a straight line, goal scoring (not playmaking) center.  The return would need to be a lot better than what's suggested though.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Yea, not interested in debrusk. 

Carlo is fine but he’s also got concussion issues- there’s a reason Boston would rather part with him than forbort. 

Bidding needs to start somewhere like:

1. Carlo

2. 2023 1st

3. Good prospect 

I just don't see the point of Carlo, would rather someone younger. I do agree that any trade has to involve a first. A good prospect, D, would be good. And rather than a throw in long shot prospect, would rather recoup a second for next year. 

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1

Just now, mll said:

He might not even interest Boston as a rental and he unlikely to play ahead of Bergeron.   Canucks don't plan on giving teams permission to talk to him about an extension - ie he would be traded as a pure rental per Dhaliwal/Drance.  Boston is top of the league - not sure they would even want to disrupt their chemistry.

He is shooting at 22% - that doesn't feel sustainable.  He's not a playmaker either.  

True, I guess it depends on how big of a role they feel Debrusk and Carlo are to their recent success.  If it means having Bergeron and Horvat down the middle for 60% possession off draws on either side of the ice, it might be worth it.

5 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not expecting the world

Canucks apparently are looking to trade him as a rental per Dhaliwal/Drance.  So can't see teams out of the playoffs making a move for him.  Can't see Horvat wanting to extend in Columbus either.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

CBJ is a great fit for Bo.  Little Johnny (Garden Gnome) is a very good play driver from wing.  Bo is a straight line, goal scoring (not playmaking) center.  The return would need to be a lot better than what's suggested though.  

Jiricek would need to be involved.

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Not expecting the world

If Allvin does not get excellent quality back for Horvat then this the trust in this mgmt team will evaporate quickly. The botched the Miller situation last year and then panic signed him over Horvat. I wanted Mgmt to trade both Jo vat and Miller at the TDL/draft last year to maximize value. If it ends up that they are in a situation where they have locked up Miller long-term and have waited too long on Horvat, therefore killing trade value/leverage for both, then questions about competency need to be asked. Pressure is squarely on Allvin and he needs to deliver - solicit offers and make a decision in January before the market dilutes (make Horvat the asset every team needs)

Edited by 5nothincanucksohno

Just now, mll said:

Canucks apparently are looking to trade him as a rental per Dhaliwal/Drance.  So can't see teams out of the playoffs making a move for him.  Can't see Horvat wanting to extend in Columbus either.

The Avs, Rags, seem like a fit for Bo, and have assets we covet. I don't see why JR would pigeon hole himself by only offering BO up as a rental. Unless instructed by Bo and his agent. Maybe a grand scheme to get assets for Bo and then re-sign, lol. One can dream. 

OIP.jpg.95b512956a3f258cc7114b02a2e3ffc8.jpg

Trade players now:

They won't get injured and prevent trading later

The team either gets better, with new guys, and makes the play offs

or the team gets worse, for awhile, and misses the playoffs by enough to get a good draft pick.

Do Something.

• Cheers 2

Just now, rekker said:

The Avs, Rags, seem like a fit for Bo, and have assets we covet. I don't see why JR would pigeon hole himself by only offering BO up as a rental. Unless instructed by Bo and his agent. Maybe a grand scheme to get assets for Bo and then re-sign, lol. One can dream. 

Ya seems like a strange approach unless they hope to take a shot at resigning him

• Cheers 1

People are going to be so disappointed with the returns for our  players.

we have no leverage. 

boeser asked to be moved and he already had a depleted value 

horvat just turned down a 8m contract essentially saying trade me.

last years TDL the draft and summer where the time to move now it’s a yard sale other GMs aren’t going to help us.

horvat 50% with retained should/might get a bidding war but Really he’s a rental.
He won’t be going to a non playoff tram unless he agrees to a contract I don’t see him doing that.  

like usual they waited till they had no or limited options now we’ll take what we can…. 

the trade proposals are fantasy land level. 

I’m not sure what I’m more excited for the trades or the CDC meltdown.

my favorites are people that constantly say how bad a player is or all the hinge wrong with them then there upset we didn’t get enough…..lolololol. 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Horvat doesn't share the puck though and Gaudreau needs the puck to drive the line. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, combover said:

People are going to be so disappointed with the returns for our  players.

we have no leverage. 

boeser asked to be moved and he already had a depleted value 

horvat just turned down a 8m contract essentially saying trade me.

last years TDL the draft and summer where the time to move now it’s a yard sale other GMs aren’t going to help us.

horvat 50% with retained should/might get a bidding war but Really he’s a rental.
He won’t be going to a non playoff tram unless he agrees to a contract I don’t see him doing that.  

like usual they waited till they had no or limited options now we’ll take what we can…. 

the trade proposals are fantasy land level. 

I’m not sure what I’m more excited for the trades or the CDC meltdown.

my favorites are people that constantly say how bad a player is or all the hinge wrong with them then there upset we didn’t get enough…..lolololol. 

I think the leverage is the quality of the player involved here.  At worst Horvat gives a team a 40 to 50 goal centre that can win upwards of 60% of the draws he takes.  He also brings good speed and size to a roster.  He's also found a niche as one of the best bumper guys on the PP in the entire league.  

The leverage is if contender team X doesn't trade for him, contender team Y might and could be a huge difference maker in the playoffs (which Horvat has proven as well in the past).  Pitting teams against one another is the leverage.

Boeser is gonna be a dump of some sort.  There's no leverage there IMO.  The quality of the player isn't there.

18 minutes ago, mll said:

He might not even interest Boston as a rental and he is unlikely to play ahead of Bergeron.   Canucks don't plan on giving teams permission to talk to him about an extension - ie he would be traded as a pure rental per Dhaliwal/Drance.  Boston is top of the league - not sure they would even want to disrupt their chemistry.

At 15% shooting and at his current shots per game rate, he'd hit 40+.  

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think the leverage is the quality of the player involved here.  At worst Horvat gives a team a 40 to 50 goal centre that can win upwards of 60% of the draws he takes.  He also brings good speed and size to a roster.  He's also found a niche as one of the best bumper guys on the PP in the entire league.  

The leverage is if contender team X doesn't trade for him, contender team Y might and could be a huge difference maker in the playoffs (which Horvat has proven as well in the past).  Pitting teams against one another is the leverage.

Boeser is gonna be a dump of some sort.  There's no leverage there IMO.  The quality of the player isn't there.

At worst he’s a 40-50 goal Centre?

look, I’m all for pumping tires here, but let’s not kid ourselves. Horvat will probably top out on average around 30 goals, which is a lot. But it isn’t 40-50 consistently. I like the guy, but his production right now is a distinct outlier. Other teams will not be giving us a return for a 50 goal scorer. 

Edited by Oregon.Duck
  • Cheers 3

If it really has come down to Bo not accepting what the Canucks can offer then moving him soon er than later makes sense. He is a known quantity, teams know what they get from him. Sadly we chose Miller over Bo. I think that may be an error but who knows. Trading this player needs to be done soon as the worst case scenario is he gets hurt and cannot finish the season thus leaving him as less trade value or can walk for nothing. I dont care what team we trade him to just get back what we need to improve this team. RHD in some form of decent quality.Cap space is a plus but really if it solved a glaring weakness id take no cap space and a player that helps us win.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Agree.  I'm sure his leadership has been under some scrutiny and he's now been insulted by the GM.  It's now or never for this management to get some return.  For those of you saying wait for the trade deadline......I get it, but history says Canucks on the trade block have an unfortunate habit of getting injured before the trade deadline.  If there's a seriously good package now, do it.....or rather

image.thumb.png.92d67872f1c97c46ff80b875564221ef.png

there is not a seriously good package right now. We will not et a seriously good package for bo - think late first, A- prospect, 3rd line winger, we would be lucky to get a 3C.

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

At 15% shooting and at his current shots per game rate, he'd hit 40+.  

He plays bumper on the Canucks' PP where he has 8 of his 20 goals.   Would he even get that role on another team.  

Canucks are also pushing for offence and give up a lot of chances the other way.  It's typically easier to produce if the D-side of the game is forgotten vs playing the right way and being on the right side of the puck.  It really doesn't feel like he will be able to sustain his scoring pace on a more structured team and a different role/setup on the PP.

Edited by mll

I think management really F'd up re-signing Miller. 

Looking at captain Bo before every home game, he's interactive with the fans, giving pucks away, signing stuff. He learned from the Sedins, how important the fans are.

And if they trade Schenn, well, there goes the toughness and the guy willing do what it takes for the team.

And if Boeser goes as well, I can see Pettersson not re-signing here in 2024. 

What the heck will the team look like if that all happens?

• Upvote 2