The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

10 hours ago, aGENT said:

Goodness this again? Pettersson continued improvement, adding Kuzmenko and Mik, Horvat playing with top 6 wingers, Boeser returning to form, more points from the improved D , less goals against from that improved D improving goal differential....

We in fact likely would have been ahead of the game, not the "stepping back" you apparently wake in night terrors from :P All with out a future cap liability, on an aging player, that doesn't fit the core's window.

night terrors, good one. 

I just think all of the ideas you've had a logical, but extremely unlikely. 

Management is in quite the predicament..  cant afford all the large contracts ( bo will certainly require one ). Cant rebuild properly unless you trade something of real value.  Im sorry folks but boeser wont bring much ( slow soft skill winger ). Meyers wouldnt bring much if anything..   it will come down to miller or horvat and whomever is a better fit to keep vs who will bring the most.  I dont see a way to re tool and keep both,,, 

2 hours ago, JM_ said:

I've just never seen this as viable. Its just too hard to make the series of moves needed in a timely way to fix everything wrong with this group, imo.

And nothing hard has ever been worth doing :lol:

Worry about tomorrow problems, tomorrow.

Edited by aGENT

22 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. Like I've said before, I think Bo's camp has management at the neck. 

If management trades him, this fanbase will go batshit, if they don't trade him and allow him to walk to UFA for nothing, this fanbase will crucify them. 

Either way, sucks to be Allvin and Rutherford. This ain't Pittsburgh. 

But see, the thing is, management put themselves in this position.

58 minutes ago, aGENT said:

And nothing hard has ever been worth doing :lol:

Worry about tomorrow problems, tomorrow.

also, never said it wasn't worth doing. I just don't believe we'll see this mgmt group try to do what you've suggested. 

3 hours ago, JM_ said:

I've just never seen this as viable. Its just too hard to make the series of moves needed in a timely way to fix everything wrong with this group, imo.

And I agree, I'm just skeptical as nothing management has done thus far leads me to believe they have interest in doing so. Maybe a first big domino changes that but I dunno. They could have begun the process at the trade deadline, they could have done it at the draft, they could have done it after the draft. But they've added complimentary players, an unknown in Kuzmenko (who's worked out well thus far), painted themselves into a corner that required them moving out a 2nd instead of factoring in either waiving Dickinson or giving him another chance, taken a small a gamble in Bear, and largely ignored this team's biggest weakness going into the season outside of that gamble. They say they tried, but during an offseason where Calgary did what they did I don't really think management gets a pass. 

No, it was never going to be a single offseason turnaround, and no they aren't responsible for what they inherited from Benning and I think that's worth emphasizing, but they are responsible for what they have and haven't done (to a degree) since. 

They could very well be pushed towards more significant and drastic change if things continue how they have but we'll see. I'm sure they're weighing their options, we'll see if they stubbornly stay the course. Wouldn't surprise me at all after most of the past decade. 

23 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

And I agree, I'm just skeptical as nothing management has done thus far leads me to believe they have interest in doing so. Maybe a first big domino changes that but I dunno. They could have begun the process at the trade deadline, they could have done it at the draft, they could have done it after the draft. But they've added complimentary players, an unknown in Kuzmenko (who's worked out well thus far), painted themselves into a corner that required them moving out a 2nd instead of factoring in either waiving Dickinson or giving him another chance, taken a small a gamble in Bear, and largely ignored this team's biggest weakness going into the season outside of that gamble. They say they tried, but during an offseason where Calgary did what they did I don't really think management gets a pass. 

No, it was never going to be a single offseason turnaround, and no they aren't responsible for what they inherited from Benning and I think that's worth emphasizing, but they are responsible for what they have and haven't done (to a degree) since. 

They could very well be pushed towards more significant and drastic change if things continue how they have but we'll see. I'm sure they're weighing their options, we'll see if they stubbornly stay the course. Wouldn't surprise me at all after most of the past decade. 

yea I was pretty happy with all the mgmt changes but they haven't come close to righting the ship. 

Once of the reasons I'm now leaning team blow up (prob ~60% blow er up to 40% fix on fly) is I think they've already missed the window to fix the defence in time to match up with this groups actual window. 

The 2nd is annoying for sure, but the kid we picked with that is part of the next core. 

I'm also not impressed that they are still waiting on doing a deal with Bo, I mean how far off could they be? shit or get off the pot. Are we going for it with this group and willing to make some aggressive deals, or are we tanking? 

I guess the reality is this team is so bad right now that we don't actually need to burn any players to tank. 

Our top players are all to an extent peaking offensively and we are this bad. I really don't see how we don't trade Bo. Zero reason to think the needle will magically move once we overpay him for 8 more years. How does that fix or improve anything? We literally can't be any worse :(

25 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yea I was pretty happy with all the mgmt changes but they haven't come close to righting the ship. 

Once of the reasons I'm now leaning team blow up (prob ~60% blow er up to 40% fix on fly) is I think they've already missed the window to fix the defence in time to match up with this groups actual window. 

The 2nd is annoying for sure, but the kid we picked with that is part of the next core. 

I'm also not impressed that they are still waiting on doing a deal with Bo, I mean how far off could they be? shit or get off the pot. Are we going for it with this group and willing to make some aggressive deals, or are we tanking? 

I guess the reality is this team is so bad right now that we don't actually need to burn any players to tank. 

So was I but despite it being too early to actually judge their body of work I'm losing confidence in them. 

And I think so, I don't see addressing the D as a short term project. I think going out and chasing a big money UFA in Severson would probably be a mistake given his age and where he'll fit with the young core. 

Maybe, still too early to judge Bear or what he is. 

The longer the Bo bit drags on the more likely I think it is he's gone, if things continue to go down the tubes I genuinely question whether he'll want to stay when he could just go and hop in somewhere more competitive. Somewhere not eying a potential rebuild or retool. If he goes it should signal a teardown, at which point Miller should also go because he doesn't line up with the competitive timeline of a rebuild. 

Dunno, we're still in limbo. I think trying to squeeze water from the stone that is the veteran part of this core is probably a mistake though. 

That's an issue too though, it could drive players away. Or make guys want out. 

• Cheers 2

32 minutes ago, Devron said:

Gross

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I love Roslovic but wow, brutal. 

Depends what you believe Boqvist can become. I still think he has potential to be a 50+ point RHD. He’s been very unfortunate with injuries to start his young career and Columbus being loaded at RHD might deal from a position of strength to help the Center depth on their team. Roslovic off to a slow start this year but Horvat is an obvious upgrade. However Roslovic could be a 50 point right handed Center. If a deal is to be made for Horvat I like getting both a young RHD with massive upside and a Center that flashes 2nd line ability.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Depends what you believe Boqvist can become. I still think he has potential to be a 50+ point RHD. He’s been very unfortunate with injuries to start his young career and Columbus being loaded at RHD might deal from a position of strength to help the Center depth on their team. Roslovic off to a slow start this year but Horvat is an obvious upgrade. However Roslovic could be a 50 point right handed Center. If a deal is to be made for Horvat I like getting both a young RHD with massive upside and a Center that flashes 2nd line ability.

Not big on Boqvist at all, I could be wrong but I don’t see him being that good or healthy. 

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Bo with extension for Roslovic and Boqvist from Columbus. 

That’s a rebuilding type trade where we for sure take a step back in hopes those two young guys de elope into better players. 

I want us to make these kinds of trades for a better future than the current present, but don’t think our owner wants to go that direction.