The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

17 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

He is also, not a part of the solution with that contract. Anyways, I get it ....

If we had a team that was close to contending but couldn't get over the hump, I'd absolutely agree with you.  OEL's salary isn't great for us either way but the timing of it given the circumstances is where I drop it down the list.  

Even signing Bo for the rest of his career is actually not in our favour.  I love what Bo is doing and I feel for him the way he's been treated, but we're now in this zone where his career isn't timing well with where the club is heading (nowhere).

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Similar to how we deployed the Sedins in their latter years. Top line and #1 PP when they should have been split up and put on other lines. 

Sure, but those two should have been playing here those last couple years as the veteran leaders during a full rebuild.  We lost that opportunity to have them mentoring a new young group.  Stupid friggin’ owner’s insistence on his “win now” direction.  Twins would have been perfect in a rebuild.  They love our club, and city.  Missed opportunity for sure.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Doxm said:

These next 3 months are going to feel like 2 years. I don't see anyone going before the TDL. 

When we get there though, we may just see the likes of Horvat/Boeser/Schenn/Pearson/Garland gone. 

I sure hope you’re right, and those moves ar3 for futures and cap space.  But I just don’t think our owner will allow that kind of direction.  He hasn’t since he bough5 the club, and fired anyone who suggested that was the way to go.  

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I don’t disagree with you. The time to trade Miller was at last year’s deadline. I would have been in favour of moving him then. Now it’s too late. His value right now is not as high as it was. However, BO’s value is at its highest ever, so if there is a deal there you make it. 

You can’t be in favour of trading Miller at his highest point and not BO. That makes no sense and tells me you have too much of an attachment to BO. If we can land a haul for BO like we did for Linden you do it. We are not a contender. 

Yes, you can.  They can find a replacement for a Miller a lot easier than they can for Bo.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Yes, you can.  They can find a replacement for a Miller a lot easier than they can for Bo.

Actually it’s a lot easier to replace what Bo provides (60 points and a sos do defensive game) at centre that Miller’s 90+ points from wing/centre.  Remember these two about equal liabilities without the puck and similar on the draw.  We could get a good checking third line centre to play for Bo and have Miller play at C2.  But really we should trade both for futures and rebuild properly.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope you’re right, and those moves ar3 for futures and cap space.  But I just don’t think our owner will allow that kind of direction.  He hasn’t since he bough5 the club, and fired anyone who suggested that was the way to go.  

It's wishful thinking - but he's gotta realize by now the same old same old clearly isn't working. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Miller’s 90+ points from wing/centre

Miller got 99 last year, and in 1 other season had 3 more points, than a point per game average.

Be happy if he gets a point per game.

2012-13 New York Rangers NHL 26 2 2 4 8 -7 -- -- -- -- --
2013-14 New York Rangers NHL 30 3 3 6 18 -6 4 0 2 2 2
2013-14 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 41 15 28 43 47 10 -- -- -- -- --
2014-15 New York Rangers NHL 58 10 13 23 23 5 19 1 7 8 2
2014-15 Hartford Wolf Pack AHL 18 6 9 15 12 -3 -- -- -- -- --
2015-16 New York Rangers NHL 82 22 21 43 46 10 5 0 3 3 4
2016-17 New York Rangers NHL 82 22 34 56 21 17 12 0 3 3 21
2017-18 New York Rangers NHL 63 13 27 40 28 -1 -- -- -- -- --
2017-18 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL 19 10 8 18 12 -3 17 2 6 8 15
2018-19 Tampa Bay Lightning NHL 75 13 34 47 30 8 4 0 2 2 0
2019-20 Vancouver Canucks NHL 69 27 45 72 47 11 17 6 12 18 14
2020-21 Vancouver Canucks NHL 53 15 31 46 43 -7 -- -- -- -- --
2021-22 Vancouver Canucks NHL 80 32 67 99 47 15 -- -- -- -- --
2022-23 Vancouver Canucks NHL 28 11 15 26 26 -10

11 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Is this a FACT? " EdgarM: I don’t get why this team sucks. " Stop while your head.

You blame the lack of team success all on Bo, look at the garbage teams we’ve. Had for the better part of a decade now. Our best year was because of Markstrom, Demko and Bo standing on their heads. 

Edited by canuck73_3

Management of the canucks is so frustrating. I dont blame bo for declining 8x8 then.

Think of it from a professional work perspective. Bo has been playing at an elite level for a year now. Elevated his game 1.5 years before contract is up. His team has had abysmal starts the last two years. Theres been a coaching change. Now we are back to mediocrity. The team has no direction thats been presented. He watched veteran lifelong canucks not get offers and then sign cheap with rivals. You then see Boes get more, miller get more. Like you go through all of this. He obviously also understands cap structure. Everyone thinks managements moves have been dumb. Hes probably in the same boat. Especially when they say they will make trades which you expect makes cap room but then management doesnt follow through. Then a year before his contract is up, they offer a lower salary as his prime years contract. 

Id be going to free agency too and i love the canucks. The conversation should have started with 7. 

Just blow it all up. 

• Cheers 1