The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

34 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Package Canucks need hit on is Young stud d 1st round pick 3rd line centre my options.

Red wings-Simon Edvinsson, D, 2023 1st Top 5 protected, Michael Rasmussen

Leafs-Topi Niemela, D, 2023 1st, Alex kerfoot 

Columbus- David Jiricek, 2023 top 5 projected Sean Kuraly

Carolina- Scott morrow, 2023 1st, Seth Jarvis 

If those are your expectations, I think you're going to be very disappointed. The Toronto suggestion is probably the most reasonable one.

From Columbus, if they are willing to offer up Jiricek it's likely only as a one-for-one (maybe a mid round pick throw in). 

From Detroit and Carolina you're asking for their top prospect plus their top young center and then a 1st on top of that. We would be lucky with 2 out of 3.

I still feel the best comparable for a possible Horvat trade is the Giroux trade last year. Highly touted but slightly struggling young player/prospect, a 1st, and a 3rd. If the Canucks are somehow able to get more than that it's a robbery.

13 minutes ago, Darius said:

not questioning the hits here.  Ive seen a number of posters bring up fighting and backing down from scrums (as a criticism of Horvat) my point is...dont expect Petey to do any of that either.  And rightfully so, its not a prerequisite to be a captain (neither is hitting imho)

Nobody has to fight, but Petey hits, plays a great two way 200’ game, engages the opposition and even plays goalie on occasion. Perfect captain material IMO…

44 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

Package Canucks need hit on is Young stud d 1st round pick 3rd line centre my options.

Red wings-Simon Edvinsson, D, 2023 1st Top 5 protected, Michael Rasmussen

Leafs-Topi Niemela, D, 2023 1st, Alex kerfoot 

Columbus- David Jiricek, 2023 top 5 projected Sean Kuraly

Carolina- Scott morrow, 2023 1st, Seth Jarvis 

Jack Eichel didn’t even as good of a return as you’re suggesting for Horvat. Bo will land a couple of good prospects (not Edvinsson or Jiricek good), and a 1st. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Nobody has to fight, but Petey hits, plays a great two way 200’ game, engages the opposition and even plays goalie on occasion. Perfect captain material IMO…

The next captaincy is actually a tough call. I think both Petey and Miller would chafe under the responsibility. 

OEL and Hughes could do it but neither seem like a good fit.

Id seriously consider Schenn even on a very short term basis. Or one of the Russians.  Just stick a microphone in Kuzmenko’s face even night.  I think he’d enjoy it. 

• Haha 1

BO IS A SMART PLAYER..HE DOES NOT BACK DOWN FROM ANYONE ALSO SMART ABOUT HIS TOUGHNESS...THERE ARE TIMES YOU NEED TO GO BUT TIMES YOU TURN AWAY..WASTE OF TIME ...HE HAS SIZE SKILL GOOD LEADERSHIP AND OVERALL YOU WONT GET ANY BETTER FOR WHAT YOU PAY FOR...TEAM NEEDS MORE BO HORVATS..END OF STORY..

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Pettersson is by far the most obvious choice once Horvat is gone but does Petey want it, I wonder. I don’t think he particularly likes the media and they will be all over him like stink on poo

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I'm gonna stick to my guns and say Horvat re-signs.  This is the exact same song and dance we just went through with Miller, "Sides are far apart".   My best guess is, someone gets traded and Bo re-signs.  

If not, we might as well call the Rogers Arena, Apollo Theatre, nothing but amateurs on the management team.

I agree, he will sign. This is just posturing from both sides.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Pettersson is by far the most obvious choice once Horvat is gone but does Petey want it, I wonder. I don’t think he particularly likes the media and they will be all over him like stink on poo

Schenn gets the C for me if Bo does get traded.  He'll hold the team accountable and has seen what it takes to be a championship team.  Bonus points for also being the Sheriff on the team.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Schenn gets the C for me if Bo does get traded.  He'll hold the team accountable and has seen what it takes to be a championship team.  Bonus points for also being the Sheriff on the team.

Schenn needs to be traded while he’s worth something. A captain won’t be named this season