The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

52 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Bo has not "only just showed up" cut that bull shit. 

Your the one feeding it.

lots of centers with above average FO percentage..   

JP Pageau,  for example, who I hope we trade Bo for, including Romanov.

I get your love for him.

But this is the player to trade now..  by his own design.

• There it is 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your the one feeding it.

I get your love for him.

If we can get Romanov and Pageau for Bo that’s huge for us.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Your the one feeding it.

I get your love for him.

That's an assumption, no different than people assuming JT would bolt instead of extending cause he's American.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That's an assumption, no different than people assuming JT would bolt instead of extending cause he's American.

I thought ther3 was little chance JT extends with us.  Not because he’s American, but because he has no permanent home in our city.  Wrong.  He not only signed here, but he did for a great deal for us.  I’m thinking we will re-sign Bo soon too.  Similar contract to JT.  56 million, but over 8 years. 

36 minutes ago, Muttley said:

The one that sparks some interest on this is the one that has the Canucks getting Seth Jarvis, Stefan Noesen, Scott Morrow + 2023 third. That's just one.

There may be many really good, logical deals for the Canucks that could be much better as long as Canuck's management isn't hell bent on instantaneous

quick fix results that are for the present only. 

With a generally good proven record all through his career, Horvat should garner a excellent return. 

Feels like our market has wanted Scott Morrow for a very long time.

If we do acquire him through trade and sign Livingstone.

Having:

Morrow

Johansson

Livingstone

As 3 up and coming RHD prospect to compete and push each other and replace the likes of Myers/Schenn/Bear in the future would be a good thing. Not bad from having only Myrenberg and Woo last season.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought ther3 was little chance JT extends with us.  Not because he’s American, but because he has no permanent home in our city.  Wrong.  He not only signed here, but he did for a great deal for us.  I’m thinking we will re-sign Bo soon too.  Similar contract to JT.  56 million, but over 8 years. 

I thought it was 50/50, but I've always maintained if it came down to picking one of JT or Bo that Bo is the one to keep.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking we will re-sign Bo soon too.  Similar contract to JT.  56 million, but over 8 years. 

I'm not against signing Bo.

But my question is how are we going to be any better if we continue with essentially the exact same group of players minus a couple peripheral guys here/there?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Having:

Morrow

Johansson

Livingstone

As 3 up and coming RHD prospect to compete and push each other and replace the likes of Myers/Schenn/Bear in the future would be a good thing. Not bad from having only Myrenberg and Woo last season.

I think we could get Morrow as a minor piece in a Bo trade.  But the main piece would likely be Kotkaniemi. 

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

But my question is how are we going to be any better if we continue with essentially the exact same group of players minus a couple peripheral guys here/there?

Maybe our owner thinks our current core 5 (Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller, Bo) is good enough to be a winner if they are surrounded by a really good supporting cast?  And it’s JR’s job (over the final two years of his three year contract) to get that to happen.  

1 minute ago, Fanuck said:

I don't think we can keep both (one of many reasons to move Miller last spring/summer) but I think people would be surprised by swapping some of Boeser/Garland/Pearsson out in our mid 6 for faster, bigger two way guys that can actually support the puck/play D/PK/add grit and "pushback" etc. Even if they don't have as high of offensive ceilings.

Hopefully one of those swaps is a legit 3C too.

Beyond that, exchanging an ill fitting Myers next year for someone more in the mold of a Tanev/Cernak/Carlo/Marino etc starts pushing us in the right direction as well.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Having:

Morrow

Johansson

Livingstone

I like this package. If not Morrow I’d look at Alexander Nikishin being involved also.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Your question is hitting the crux of the matter. the bottom line is, we need to improve the on-ice product and that means replacing one or more of the core/high salary players.

It's either Bo or Miller. Miller is on a contract beyond this season while Bo isn't. So it is reasonable to think that Bo is the one that will be moved. 

Whether that's the right decision is a different topic of discussion.

59 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

46 points in a 53 game year durring Covid ..

stretch it however you like Gurn..

Stretch it the other way and he is 

244 points in 243 games with the Canucks.

Get over the “school teaching” and realize this is the best player we’ve had in this Org for quite some time.

ps,  Boeser and Horvat will decline more rapidly, and still,  at a lesser average than Miller over the next 3-4 seasons.

Accuracy- for the win.

He has not been here for 5 seasons

And he was not a point a game player  those 4 years.

Speaking of stretching- Had you said "4 years, averaging over a point  a point a game" you would have been correct.

Also- opinion wise Miller is not the best player we've had in a long time.

that would be 

E.P

Hughes

Demko

Horvat

then probably Miller. ymmv

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe our owner thinks our current core 5 (Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller, Bo) is good enough to be a winner if they are surrounded by a really good supporting cast?  And it’s JR’s job (over the final two years of his three year contract) to get that to happen.  

Francesco needs to understand that we simply don't have the assets to trade to acquire such supporting cast nor do we have the cap space to acquire UFA or take advantage of cap crunched teams. In fact, we are the very team that is cap crunched.

So, the only way left is to acquire such supporting cast is through the draft. Well, that takes year unless we are talking about Bedard or if we find a diamond in the rough that makes the NHL in a relatively short time.

Bo is up this season. Petey up after the next season. Miller will be 31-32 by then. 

• There it is 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Accuracy- for the win.

He has not been here for 5 seasons

And he was not a point a game player  those 4 years.

Speaking of stretching- Had you said "4 years, averaging over a point  a point a game" you would have been correct.

Also- opinion wise Miller is not the best player we've had in a long time.

that would be 

E.P

Hughes

Demko

Horvat

then probably Miller. ymmv

What makes Bo overthe Miller time here the better of two?  Miller is a consistent ppg player, who makes those around him better offensively.  Love Bo, but he’s not been the level of Miller.  

1 minute ago, jyu said:

Francesco needs to understand that we simply don't have the assets to trade to acquire such supporting cast nor do we have the cap space to acquire UFA or take advantage of cap crunched teams. In fact, we are the very team that is cap crunched.

So, the only way left is to acquire such supporting cast is through the draft. Well, that takes year unless we are talking about Bedard or if we find a diamond in the rough that makes the NHL in a relatively short time.

Bo is up this season. Petey up after the next season. Miller will be 31-32 by then. 

I agree, but I doubt our owner changes his beliefs after almost 20 years of pushing the same doctrine.