The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Bo Horvat Trade/Contract Talks

HOFsedins

5 hours ago, nux_win said:

I think that it would be pretty foolish to trade him just because we're off to a bad start this season.  GCG!

It depends if Horvat wants to stay in Vancouver. If he's committed to the team sure but if he plans to leave after his contract, now is the best time to trade him if there is a bidding war for him 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He is, but I see Miller as much less likely to stick around beyond his contract than Bo, and Boeser's an RFA under team control 

Top six center's are tough to replace and we've nobody in our system who can step into that role 

It'd cost about as much as it would to replace Horvat via UFA as it would to retain him, and we'd have to compete with every other team 

Do you give Boeser north of his current salary?  I think Boeser's the guy you do trade at this point.  Especially if Bo and Miller can get on the same page.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I don't want to see Horvat leave, but if they don't want to see Horvat be captain anymore, it will be tough to keep him on the team.  So I guess the question is whether or not Bo is the captain you want for the next 10 years?  I think there's strong pros and cons to this.

Surround him with a legitimate team and coach, and i think he soars. 

This organization from top to bottom would be hard to work for. It’s a mess. If the fans are frustrated, can you imagine being a player??

Surround Bo with a good team, with good systems, and he will flourish. I truly believe that. 

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

It depends if Horvat wants to stay in Vancouver. If he's committed to the team sure but if he plans to leave after his contract, now is the best time to trade him if there is a bidding war for him 

I think it’s hard to say now. But if next season is much the same as this one, then he’s probably going to want to go to a winner. I wouldn’t blame him in choosing to do that either. 

If the team is where it is this season, there’s a lot of turnover i suspect that’ll happen. Can’t see Miller staying either. 

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Miller is doing more than what Horvat does, that’s the problem.

Horvat or Boeser will go before Miller

You’d think Miller would want to go through a rebuild?

The likelihood of Miller staying is probably less than Horvat staying, imo. 

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I think Bo does want to stay a Canuck. But it’s hard right? I can see how he’s torn over this. It’s a business at the end of the day. He’s gotta do what’s best for him and his family and his career. If management wasn’t such a cluster &^@#, we wouldn’t even be having this conversation about whether Bo wants to be here or not. I find hockey players to be generally loyal compared to NBA players, or other players in other leagues (especially soccer). 

2 minutes ago, Westcoastcanucks777 said:

He’s older and wants out prob ASAP sorry to say someone will give him 8-9 mill then he will be a real Millsey

If Miller wants 8-9M, then we definitely need to trade him before he’s a UFA. Maybe this trade deadline is a good time as any to trade him and get maximum value in return. 

16 minutes ago, shiznak said:

You’d think Miller would want to go through a rebuild?

The likelihood of Miller staying is probably less than Horvat staying, imo. 

I definitely between the two, Miller is the one that definitely would leave if he sees this situation next year. It’s very possible that we could lose both to be fair, if we’re in the same place this season, next. 

More I think about it, now is not the time to make a big trade, especially one involving our captain.

Changing the GM and getting a new guy to make full assessment of the team would be of highest priority.

I used to think that Green should be fired first, but now it seems like the roster construction may be a bigger problem than coaching.

For example, Motte returns and our PK looked a bit better. Not to say that coaching is not a problem but PK is not just about the strategy, personnel matters a lot. We don't have an LD other than OEL to kill penalties. And even OEL is not the type that does it by blocking shots. 

New GM should decide what to do with the coach.

I've soured on JB so much that I don't want him and his sidekick Weisbrod associated with Canucks one more day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Have there ever been any indications that Bo is not committed to the team??

I think just rumors, but also based on the fact that Bo has said that he doesn’t think he can go through another rebuild. 

I think another rebuild would be tearing everything down. The current core. I think a re-tooling of the current group so that there’s a better mix than the one that currently exists. I think he would be okay with getting a better mix in the room, because the current mix just ain’t doing it. If management doesn’t do anything with the mix, then we might have an issue. 

With that being said, what if the only change is the coaching staff? I’d be really surprised if they went on a run after Green and his staff’s dismissal. Would speak volumes as to what the real issue was all this time. 

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Miller wants 8-9M, then we definitely need to trade him before he’s a UFA. Maybe this trade deadline is a good time as any to trade him and get maximum value in return. 

Miller is good as gone by the TDL.

He's a good player but he will definitely be asking more than what Petey is getting and that's 8+ mil. 

We need to find a decent 3C to replace him but honestly, I'm tired of Miller giveaways.

1 minute ago, khay said:

More I think about it, now is not the time to make a big trade, especially one involving our captain.

Changing the GM and getting a new guy to make full assessment of the team would be of highest priority.

I used to think that Green should be fired first, but now it seems like the roster construction may be a bigger problem than coaching.

For example, Motte returns and our PK looked a bit better. Not to say that coaching is not a problem but PK is not just about the strategy, personnel matters a lot. We don't have an LD other than OEL to kill penalties. And even OEL is not the type that does it by blocking shots. 

New GM should decide what to do with the coach.

I've soured on JB so much that I don't want him and his sidekick Weisbrod associated with Canucks one more day.

What has soured you on JB specifically? 

I want those guys gone as well. They really have not done a good job at all here. And they’ve misjudged on so many levels so often, it’s not even funny.

2 minutes ago, khay said:

Miller is good as gone by the TDL.

He's a good player but he will definitely be asking more than what Petey is getting and that's 8+ mil. 

We need to find a decent 3C to replace him but honestly, I'm tired of Miller giveaways.

If we could get a 1st and a prospect/young player in return (especially a RHD) that would be gold. He would help another team for sure. 

Gotta give to get. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Have there ever been any indications that Bo is not committed to the team??

None but, like the folks in Sportsnet and other folks in the media, Bo Horvat will be a UFA after his contract and, with where the Canucks are at, and that he's already played more 500 games. One would think it's something he is considering. 

30 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Do you give Boeser north of his current salary?  I think Boeser's the guy you do trade at this point.  Especially if Bo and Miller can get on the same page.

I wouldn't, but they could extend him before it got around to qualifying offer territory 

30 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

I mean, what would you get for Brock? He hasn’t produced nearly the way he should. We’d be selling so low on the guy, would be a bad trade right off the bat. He’s going to bounce back, because this level of performance from him isn’t sustainable over the course of the entire 82 game season. 

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I definitely between the two, Miller is the one that definitely would leave if he sees this situation next year. It’s very possible that we could lose both to be fair, if we’re in the same place this season, next. 

Unless we massively overpay, I think Miller is gone regardless if we still suck or not next year. The dude probably wants to play for a true Cup contender, and not a bubble playoff team.