Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Boston Bruins | Nov. 28, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

14 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How?

Toffoli $4.25 million

Tanev: $4.5 Million

Edler: $3.5 million now - $6.0 million in 2019-20.

Markstrom: $6.0 million per season

Even if you dumped Virtanen and Gaudette instead you'd only save about $4.0 million.

Unless you were looking to dump Boeser and Pearson.

Then we'd still be in a cap crunch this year.

We could have kept only 1 of Tanev/Markstrom/Toffoli. Unless we made a lot of moves and didn't care about getting jack in return.

Tanev Toffoli and Edler could all have been on the team this year.  All afforded under the cap. Markstrom is gone so his 6M is irrelevant. You didn't read my post obviously. I'm not going to explain it all over again to you pal. Pearson Dickinson Poolman virtanen Holtby then halak. All bad decisions that cost Tanev toffoli and Edler.

Pay attention partner. Lol. But thanks for hacking on a good analysis to add nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

Not true

Babs has an out clause in usports contract 

You bet that was mentioned too, I’m just going off what he said when they interviewed him a couple weeks back. He stated to the interviewer that he is sticking with his sons team till their season is over. Made a commitment to the team and isn’t leaving them. Thought that was really solid of him. 

2 minutes ago, Attila Umbrus said:

You bet that was mentioned too, I’m just going off what he said when they interviewed him a couple weeks back. He stated to the interviewer that he is sticking with his sons team till their season is over. Made a commitment to the team and isn’t leaving them. Thought that was really solid of him. 

Agree 

thanks for the clarification 

51 minutes ago, Canuck4digits said:

This team needs Kane 

so tired of watching us be fun to play against 

soft wimp team, soft wimp coach 

damage attracts damage lol 

but no would be terrible bringing him in unless he’s turned a new leaf. But highly unlikely 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Jack Fig said:

These Canucks have outforged LaForge. 

The difference is that year the fans were clear - get rid of this bum and management agreed. Quickly.

Fans are so afraid to make decisions now.  Always wait and see and gee what if it goes wrong and we wish we didn't fire him? 

Lol. Nobody wants to make a decision any more.

Firing Laforge was a blessing as will be firing Green and Benning.

Was a lot clearer back in the days when laforge could just get flushed down the forge!

19 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Not buying into a lot of toxic waste dump in this (and many other) threads. I have been a Canuck fan from the very earliest memories of my childhood. I recall watching the Canucks in black and white back in the early 70's at my uncle's house. God how I loved this team (and still do). For the record, I will always be a Canuck fan.

What the club is losing, if it even cares, is a fan that doesn't go the extra mile to attend a game, purchase some memorabilia, buy a raffle ticket online, etc. That is where I am at.

Will I ever cheer for the Flames, or Canadiens, or Tampax, or ??? ... no, I bleed Canucks, and always will.

What I am not doing any more is "scheduling a meeting in the lower mainland so I can attend a Canucks home game". I once attended 14 Canucks home games (my record) in one season as I "just" happened to have a business meeting that day in Vancouver. 

I will always support this team by watching them and scaling back my active participation, but will I attend 14 games this year, no I won't. In 2018 -2019 I managed to trick the wife into believing I have 8 scheduled meetings in Van (on the same day the Canucks played) and while I paid a lot of brownie points that year, I won't going forward.

I am not a GM, nor a scout, nor an owner (OH IF I COULD BE KING FOR A DAY - DOH!!!! Bring me Benning's head and tell Green to do it!!!)" but I am a fan, a fan that will never quit but whose wallet is closing. 

PS. Props to Aqua man for spending to the cap, but come on .... take your hand off the brake.

I hear you. I haven't paid for a ticket to a Canuck game since 1995, the last year they played at the Pacific Coliseum. 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

He says the same thing every game.  has said this dozens of times.  he has no fire. he is ok with losing.  as if accepting losing will be the answer to turn it around.

Why do we never say...hey Green did such and such and won the game for his team?