39 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Suzuki, 2nd, Tatar for a disgruntled Pacioretty 

Armia and 2 picks for Bourque 

Danault and a 2nd (Romanov) for Fleishmann and Weise 

Byron off waivers 

Allen and a 7th for a 3rd and 7th 

Turned Galchenyuk into Domi , into Anderson 

signed Kovalchuk to a cheap contract then got a 3rd for him 2 months later 

Scandella for a 4th from Buffalo then traded him a month and a half later for a 2nd and a 4th to St Louis 

I could go on.  Bergevin gets value from trades.  He’s not great at roster construction though (and he was handcuffed by the requirement of hiring French speaking coaches) 

And compare that with Jim Rutherfords value record. But that old codger is pretty popular here on CDC. 

5 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

He won trades that everyone thought he was robbed on. He was a laughing stock for Subban-Weber trade. Galchenyuk for Domi, then Domi for Anderson. Danualt and Romanov for Weiss and Fleichmann was a steal. Same with Petry at deadline. He wasn’t afraid to make big moves. The guy could make hockey trades and handle the pressure.

Keep Benning on as a scouting consultant if he can't find work.

Dmv1ak5WwAIO6zf.jpg

Good arguments but I think I'd pass.      

His feud with Carolina's GM was downright embarrassing and he ended up losing as well.   That, plus all of the other reasons mentioned in this thread.   

1 minute ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I agree. But he played for one year and 9 games. Doesn't count as an X Canuck in my books.

And that's totally fair, I'm just tired of the ex-Canuck nepotism we've been seeing 

I mean, I get it, but we used to make fun of the Oilers for the exact same thing 

• Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

His feud with Carolina's GM was downright embarrassing and he ended up losing as well.   That, plus all of the other reasons mentioned in this thread.   

We presumably want someone with NHL experience. He'd be able to hit the ground running. For GM's, I think its a matter of who has the least worst record as far as trades and value goes. And not about ho many rings they have.  On that score, I think Bergevin has guys like Brian Burke and Jim :picard:Rutherford or Peter :picard::picard:Chiarelli beat by a long shot. All of whom have rings.

Would you agree on that ? Out of all the GM's with NHL experience out there, who do you put above Bergevin ?

No thanks to a burnt out Bergevin. 

To be quite honest I don't expect any change at all. 

The season is already lost.

tell Aquaman to stop running the team by choosing not to support his team financially.

Linden left for a reason people!

Edited by rawkdrummer

4 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

We presumably want someone with NHL experience. He'd be able to hit the ground running. For GM's, I think its a matter of who has the least worst record as far as trades and value goes. And not about ho many rings they have.  On that score, I think Bergevin has guys like Brian Burke and Jim :picard:Rutherford or Peter :picard::picard:Chiarelli beat by a long shot. All of whom have rings.

Would you agree on that ? Out of all the GM's with NHL experience out there, who do you put above Bergevin ?

You make a very strong case for sure.   Even though Bergevin fired Claude Julien, I believe they are still on good terms.    

Question is - does Bergevin still have gas in the tank?   He might need a break.  Remember how when Torts came here and stunk in 2013 as a coach?  One reason being is that he was burned out from his gig in NYR and likely could have used a break.   

Wondering if the Canucks are just better off firing both Benning and Weisbroad, while re-hiring Linden (President) and Gillis (GM).  Ownership kisses and makes up with those men and gets saved from a PR perspective.  

3 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Friedman on TJMS: "Bergevin is going to be a candidate for some of these jobs and so I think will Mellanby. Scott Mellanby was in Vancouver during the Mike Gillis era and I can't help but wonder, that's someone the Aquilini Family would know a little bit"

Now Mellanby.......I can see that happening. 

37 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

His “feud” was the resulting using a legal option in the form of an offer sheet.  It was Carolina that took it to ridiculous levels of petty 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Patel Bure said:

You make a very strong case for sure.   Even though Bergevin fired Claude Julien, I believe they are still on good terms.    

Question is - does Bergevin still have gas in the tank?   He might need a break.  Remember how when Torts came here and stunk in 2013 as a coach?  One reason being is that he was burned out from his gig in NYR and likely could have used a break.   

Wondering if the Canucks are just better off firing both Benning and Weisbroad, while re-hiring Linden (President) and Gillis (GM).  Ownership kisses and makes up with those men and gets saved from a PR perspective.  

Why would you re-hire a GM who had to be fired because of terrible trades and atrocious drafting?  Would it not be better to hire someone actually qualified for the position?  Bergevin wins most of his trades and isn't afraid to make unpopular ones.  That's what we need.

• Cheers 1