The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marc Bergevin for General Manager ?

Rate this topic

MaxVerstappen33

Just like Jet Black Jimbo - he is vilified by some for his bad moves and made a hero by other for his good ones. The reality being he's had a average to slightly above average tenure as a GM in Montreal ( they did just make it to a cup final afterall !!) 

It would be a No from me - for the same reason i think current management now has to go and that is we didn't really see a plan from that regime. They seemed to flip flop from winning now to rebuilding to winning now to retooling...ring any bells ?  another huge mess in a Canadian market.

Also drafting that complete dirty bag in the first round  of this year draft was an inexcusable action - we may as well claim Kane and hire Qunneville if were gonna go down that road IMO. 

I think many Canuck fans are just scared to death about committing to another GM's vision.  Scared that Aquilini will pick another dud.  Another yes man.  We are looking for any past mistake or fault every single prospective GM has in their closet. And count me in to that paranoid crowd.

But right now I'd take almost anyone else.  Huge mistake would be to change the coach and not the GM until the end of the season.

Edited by kilgore

15 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

So, people are concerned about Benning's trading record, and you want to bring in Bergevin instead??????

Has anyone else noticed the distinct lack of a Head Bang on Wall emoji as an option on this board???

:)

With the exception of the Sergechev trade Bergevin did very well with the majority his trades.  It’s the one aspect of his job he excelled at 

• Vintage 2