The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Jake DeBrusk requests trade

2 hours ago, BPA said:

BOS is in cap hell next year.  They got some players (McAvoy and Lindholm) getting big pay raises.  And they need to re-sign Bergeron if he still wants to play.  They will need to offload some players and Debrusk fits the bill.

Debrusk for Hogz + 3rd?

That frees up about $3M for BOS.

$4M for a 40pt player is not bad considering he’s a 20g scorer.

We have too many wingers as is and with our cap situation and possible upcoming raises for Horvat and maybe Miller we’ll need Hoglanders cheap years over a middle 6 winger. Honestly the only trade I’d give up for Debrusk has Pearson with a small plus and or Dickinson with a small plus. Hoglander is more valuable to us than Debrusk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

BOS is in cap hell next year.  They got some players (McAvoy and Lindholm) getting big pay raises.  And they need to re-sign Bergeron if he still wants to play.  They will need to offload some players and Debrusk fits the bill.

Debrusk for Hogz + 3rd?

They are now hoping to keep DeBrusk.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, BPA said:

Debrusk for Hogz + 3rd?

Pearson has 34points w 14 goals...

He is every trade proposal, so not sure about the 4M wouldn't make some unhappy...

• Cheers 1

Don't want to give up much for Debrusk, not sold on him. 

But I'd take the risk for the right trade. 

Dickinson and a 3rd for Debrusk or Pearson for Debrusk straight up. Either trade saves them a little cap. With Dickinson you get a pick or with Pearson you get a player of equal quality. Maybe less scoring touch, but better everywhere else. 

• Upvote 1

I still think they are a good trade partner, they need to move more money out than in and address some high priority needs with their offseason moves.  They still want to be competitive.

They have an aging core, so a year of Miller on a big discount represents a huge benefit to them.  It defers any cap issues by a year and maybe gives them some breathing room to sort other moves out.  Bergeron is 36, and needs to be re-signed or let move on.

We could add some depth where we take a little quantity for quality and it is a pure hockey trade for both sides.

Miller
Hoglander

for
Carlo
Debrusk
Haula

Miller on his own scored more than both those forwards combined.  So he fills their top line centre spot perfectly.  We get two decent forwards and then solidify our RD drastically.  They move out $10.5 million in cap space and only take just over $6 million back.  Debrusk/Carlo gives us a little extra "sandpaper" and Haula gives us a really great speedy penalty killing centre as a bandaid for a couple years.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

I still think they are a good trade partner, they need to move more money out than in and address some high priority needs with their offseason moves.  They still want to be competitive.

They have an aging core, so a year of Miller on a big discount represents a huge benefit to them.  It defers any cap issues by a year and maybe gives them some breathing room to sort other moves out.  Bergeron is 36, and needs to be re-signed or let move on.

We could add some depth where we take a little quantity for quality and it is a pure hockey trade for both sides.

Miller
Hoglander

for
Carlo
Debrusk
Haula

Miller on his own scored more than both those forwards combined.  So he fills their top line centre spot perfectly.  We get two decent forwards and then solidify our RD drastically.  They move out $10.5 million in cap space and only take just over $6 million back.  Debrusk/Carlo gives us a little extra "sandpaper" and Haula gives us a really great speedy penalty killing centre as a bandaid for a couple years.

I think this would be a good deal for both sides. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Talk about double heart attack. First I see you post in the trades section. ( panic click ) 

Next I see you in the debrusk section.. now I'm sweating bullets hating life if we have anything to do with this.

But PPHHHHEEEEWWWW we safe

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's looking more and more like Cassidy was the root cause of their trade requests.  Vegas should be interesting to watch.

Seems like in the exit interviews the players threw him under the bus. Makes the sudden change (despite the good record) make more sense.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except players like Green so not really similar at all. 

Lol idkkk buds. Acting like Cassidy was this hated guy his entire time there is unrealistic.

The mojo around our club did a complete 180 when we did our coaching change. " it's fun to come to the rink again " ... doesn't sound alot like I really like Travis Green. Coaches have high and lows 

31 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

It's looking more and more like Cassidy was the root cause of their trade requests.  Vegas should be interesting to watch.

Vegas without money (cap room); pretty ironic.

Poetic justice to watch them fall apart.

(Pick dem bones Jimmy.)

Yeah Jake DeBrusk, yeah we'll take him, but they gotta throw in The Rat!

Brad marchand GIF on GIFER - by Dagdafyn

jk

Edited by Goal:thecup
debrusk
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Lol idkkk buds. Acting like Cassidy was this hated guy his entire time there is unrealistic.

The mojo around our club did a complete 180 when we did our coaching change. " it's fun to come to the rink again " ... doesn't sound alot like I really like Travis Green. Coaches have high and lows 

Green is consistently regarded as being a good guy both by current and former players on spitting chiclets and on missin curfew podcasts. Can’t say the same for Cassidy. 

11 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

While I think Green is both incompetent and unprofessional, he doesn't have the track record that Cassidy does of having players openly request a trade.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

While I think Green is both incompetent and unprofessional, he doesn't have the track record that Cassidy does of having players openly request a trade.

Disagree with his coaching approach/style but you can’t deny he’s a pretty decent and likeable guy otherwise. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Disagree with his coaching approach/style but you can’t deny he’s a pretty decent and likeable guy otherwise. 

The story about Demko getting robbed in the minors and Green's reaction really makes me hesitant to agree there.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

The story about Demko getting robbed in the minors and Green's reaction really makes me hesitant to agree there.

The fact Green gave him the night off after what he said kinda goes with his comment being a lit tongue in cheek.