The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I dont think this is true at all, I think you're forgetting Kesler blew himself up prior to the final, Hammer was out as well. If we're healthy we take that Boston team in 5.

Did not forget.

Injuries are just excuses. 

What did Linden have other than goals in game 7? Two broken ribs and a broken nose?

What about Courtnal for the Flames series? Seperated shoulder? 

If you aren't hurt you aren't playing.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Pettersson had a better game, still has a ways to go. I've noticed he's taking way to long to get shots off, multiple times last night he had a great shot opportunity but held the puck way too long and it was blocked or he had to pass....this has been happening all season long. Takes him too long to set up his shot.

Boeser for whatever reason right now is missing alot of shots. He either misses the net or hits the goalie in the crest.

Poolman is hard to watch right now. he's a liability and they need to upgrade thr back end somehow.

Burroughs continues to be a pleasant surprise, he's been pretty consistent.

Hoglander should have about 5-6 more goals than he does, some of those will start going in for him he's had some grade A chances.

Podkolzin coming into his own. im excited about his future.

Demko deserves better lol.

..and

Garland continues to be clutch.

Schenn is a solid, if slow, reliable anchor on defense

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

I just have to say..

I've heard lots of people mention the departure of Tanev, Markstrom, and Toffoli were bad for the room.. However, we could really use Troy Stetcher about now.

IMO it was unrealistic for us to retain either 2 of the 3 (Markstrom, Tanev, Tofu), but at the very least we could have kept Stetcher. Cheap contract, Right handed RD, good puck skills, and can play the PK.

I know he's not the biggest or meanest guy, but he had some heart. I would love to see him back after this year... But I think Yzerman and the Wings found a diamond in the rough, and I can't see him hitting free agency.

FYI... I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I liked our game last night and hope the boys can turn this dumpster fire around.. but it's just a thought I had. I Miss Troy.

Edited by Maginator

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

Not to be rude but a goalpost is not bad luck. What it means is you didn't put it where it needs to go to be awarded a goal. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

They do seem like they are working hard but also look like a very disorganized team.

They let a little runt like BM run over them. 

They nickname there stars petey and huggy bear. Just a bunch of real nice guys with a coach who's a real nice guy.

There's no curse here. If so then we might as well give up.  

So by saying this, every player that shoots the puck in the NHL is going to score a goal? This statement makes me think you've never played a game of hockey in your life.

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

So by saying this, every player that shoots the puck in the NHL is going to score a goal? This statement makes me think you've never played a game of hockey in your life.

that's how it goes when you put the "shot assist" function on

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

1994 - heart and soul.

2011 - skill and ability.

We were the underdogs in 1994, whereas in 2011 we were considered the favourites.

i keep seeing 94 was heart and soul, which is true, but id put up prime Bure and prime Linden against any canuck duo in history.  If i could transport those 2 to the 2011 team and remove the Sedins I think the outcome would have been different- even with the injuries.  Bure is the greatest talent we have ever had.  Linden was a beast in the playoffs. Secondary scoring on the 94 Canucks was great too, guys like Ronning, Adams, Courtnall, Craven.

• Cheers 3

41 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

The 2011 team lacked team toughness and mental toughness. Very talented but Boston found their weakness and capitalized on it. A decade later? ............. and Marchand still did it. Just sayin.

Sad really...

Can I just as a side note just say, that the day Marchand the rat lizard gets destroyed, I'm gonna open my finest scotch, and have a wee (large) celebration dram...

Have been waiting since 2011 for a Canuck to whack the weasel, but still tog this day no takers... Used to make me sick to my stomach thinking how easily he got away with punching our leading players in the face, without the whole team jumping him... If not during the game, at least the next one, or the next one...or the next one...or the next one...

Now I just want to see anyone do it... This I'm afraid will not happen under Greens stewardship.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1