The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Montreal Canadiens | Nov. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

49 minutes ago, Maginator said:

I just have to say..

I've heard lots of people mention the departure of Tanev, Markstrom, and Toffoli were bad for the room.. However, we could really use Troy Stetcher about now.

IMO it was unrealistic for us to retain either 2 of the 3 (Markstrom, Tanev, Tofu), but at the very least we could have kept Stetcher. Cheap contract, Right handed RD, good puck skills, and can play the PK.

I know he's not the biggest or meanest guy, but he had some heart. I would love to see him back after this year... But I think Yzerman and the Wings found a diamond in the rough, and I can't see him hitting free agency.

FYI... I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer, I liked our game last night and hope the boys can turn this dumpster fire around.. but it's just a thought I had. I Miss Troy.

Stetcher was great.

But I think more than Toffoli or Markstrom, the one guy we really miss is Tanev.

It's not realistic to think our D would have evolved the same way if he was still here - but could you imagine how much better we would look right now with Tanev inserted into this lineup?

We would be miles better.

• Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, spook007 said:

I will be the first to scream in joy should that happen, but......... I really still wish it had been a member of the 2011 team, and the last bit would be screaming REMEMBER to the the rat, while he's being helped to the bench. 

He did, what he felt he had to, in order to win, but skating around showing off his ring finger, made me want some body to take his finger off and stick it up his arse or nostril, which ever come first...:mad:

Since we're talking Marchand here, it would be the nostril.  Just sayin'

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

I dont think this is true at all, I think you're forgetting Kesler blew himself up prior to the final, Hammer was out as well. If we're healthy we take that Boston team in 5.

Yeah but the 94 Rangers team would have killed the 2011 Bruins.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

There were 2 Sedins. They both needed each other to succeed. Bure did everything by himself.  Also, at age 22 Bure was scoring 60 goals and was already one of the best players in the world. At age 22 Hank and Dank were still on the 3rd line learning how to skate. 

Henrik won the Hart with Daniel sidelined most of the season..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

So tired of the excuses why we lost in 2011. We played shaky throughout those playoffs. So shaky that we almost lost to Chicago in the first round! Our Top players did not excel in the playoffs that is a proven statistic. Daniel, Hank and Lui needed to be superstars and they were not. 

We were so dominant in the regular season though that is a fact.

Kesler blowing out his hip isn't an excuse, its just a fact. 

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Did not forget.

Injuries are just excuses. 

What did Linden have other than goals in game 7? Two broken ribs and a broken nose?

What about Courtnal for the Flames series? Seperated shoulder? 

If you aren't hurt you aren't playing.

so... what did you expect Hammer to do?

16 minutes ago, Steven Stamkos said:

Henrik won the Hart with Daniel sidelined most of the season..

Dank missed 19 games not the whole season. Also, I was referring to when they were 22. Hank didn’t win the Hart until he was 29. At 22 Bure was putting up 110 points. At 22 Hank and Dank were still learning how to skate. 

12 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Dank missed 19 games not the whole season. Also, I was referring to when they were 22. Hank didn’t win the Hart until he was 29. At 22 Bure was putting up 110 points. At 22 Hank and Dank were still learning how to skate. 

I’m not arguing who has more skill. Bure is the best player this organization has ever seen. I’m just saying we had two 90+ point players and that saying “that Bure had more talent in his pinky finger than anyone on that team” is wrong. The Sedins will be in HOF because they were some of the best skill guys in the game during this time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AC30 said:

Anyone else been called a troll 

accused of having multiple accounts 

sworn at and insulted for having a sense of humour - well my sense of humour... 

got a warning from Deb today
Am I just blind? Or are some people so sensitive and depressed?

Not sure what you've done, but I've found your posts to be pretty funny. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1