The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Bring back Toffoli

Me_

23 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Right. Except my point is 100% fact.  If he doesn’t want yo stay in Montreal and they’re not willing to pay him $7.5m then he becomes a free agent.  So they lose Toffoli, Kulak and a 2nd for 3/4 of a list season of a struggling Boeser.  That qualifying offer presents a lot of risk to Montreal 

Q

Very few RFA's do that, if any............

Most guys I know, are pretty loyal to the teams that want them, as he is with the Canucks

And he would be with Montreal...and no matter, once he did that, there is not guarantee, he gets the same offer, as it was with Vancouver than Montreal

1 minute ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Q

Very few RFA's do that, if any............

Most guys I know, are pretty loyal to the teams that want them, as he is with the Canucks

And he would be with Montreal...and no matter, once he did that, there is not guarantee, he gets the same offer, as it was with Vancouver than Montreal

You can say that.  But regardless the risk is still there.  Look at the prolonged negotiations with Pettersson and Hughes this summer.  I just don’t see the upside to Montreal here when they’re taking all the risk, increasing their cap hit, and losing a high puck to do it 

Just now, qwijibo said:

You can say that.  But regardless the risk is still there.  Look at the prolonged negotiations with Pettersson and Hughes this summer.  I just don’t see the upside to Montreal here when they’re taking all the risk, increasing their cap hit, and losing a high puck to do it 

Well , 2 things

#1............I actually am not

#2............Montreal is accumulating youth, because they are not competitive.............maybe they do it the right way.....?????

It is a little soon to tell

That is all I got

1 hour ago, Me_ said:

Montreal will be looking to make some moves as well as the Canucks.

What better way to improve the team by bringing back Toffoli.

What would it take to bring him back this time around?

I think you're supposed to wave a magic wand, click your heels 3 times and do a little dance to make this happen...

OHHHHHHH....proposing something on the player side might provide some perspective as well... ;)

10 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well , 2 things

#1............I actually am not

#2............Montreal is accumulating youth, because they are not competitive.............maybe they do it the right way.....?????

It is a little soon to tell

That is all I got

If your argument  is they’re rebuilding and should do it right, acquiring a guy who’s 25 with limited team control left and is potentially due a big raise. Plus, giving up a high pick  in the process isn’t the way to do it. They’re better off moving him for a quality prospect or high pick 

Edited by qwijibo

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

If your arguendbt isctheyre rebuilding and should do it right, acquiring a guy who’s 25 with limited team control left and is potentially due a big raise. Plus, giving up a high pick  in the process isn’t the way to do it. They’re better off moving him for a quality prospect or high pick 

no, i am saying we do not know

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Cool. So I stand by my argument that there isn’t the upside in the deal for Montreal to do it 

Habs have no future other than a bad one.  Other than Suzu they have craperolla, busterooo bnsais’ For young players.  Especially the cute and cuddly little Smurf.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Right. Except my point is 100% fact.  If he doesn’t want yo stay in Montreal and they’re not willing to pay him $7.5m then he becomes a free agent.  So they lose Toffoli, Kulak and a 2nd for 3/4 of a list season of a struggling Boeser.  That qualifying offer presents a lot of risk to Montreal 

Boeser is not a UFA for 2 more years.  So why would he risk signing a one year deal only to be an RFA again?

52 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser is not a UFA for 2 more years.  So why would he risk signing a one year deal only to be an RFA again?

If he continues to struggle and Montreal  doesn’t feel he’d be worth his qualifying offer they could not tender the offer and let him become UFA.  Also. They could take him to arbitration but that willl only potentially lower his cap hit by 15%.  

bottom line us Molson was talking rebuild today and Boeser isnt a good fit if that’s the case 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If he continues to struggle and Montreal  doesn’t feel he’d be worth his qualifying offer they could not tender the offer and let him become UFA.  Also. They could take him to arbitration but that willl only potentially lower his cap hit by 15%.  

bottom line us Molson was talking rebuild today and Boeser isnt a good fit if that’s the case 

And what if he blows out his knee or only scores 10 goals?  Why would a player risk playing 2 consecutive years on a one year deal?  

Also, Montreal isn't going to let him simply walk away for free.  They will trade him like what happened with Seth Jones.