The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Senators | 4:30 Pacific on SN "Hey, they actually won last game" Edition

Rate this topic

MattJVD

1 minute ago, Dannydog said:

That’s an embarrassing first period for both fan bases. What happens…. The boys come out strong for the first 5 min , score a goal and sh^t the bed the last 15 min. A lot of this years issues I’d players named Peterson , boeser, Miller, for seeming to give a rats ass .

I thought the Canucks looked good.  They're certainly a level or two, at least, above the Sens.  The truth is, they've been playing quite well for the last 5-6 games, they just can't score.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

I really don't understand the deployment by Green.  Pettersson wasn't even on the ice for like the first 5 min. of the game.

"You either get all the ice time or you get no ice time, there is nothing in between." - Travis Green

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Because we couldn't justify playing him ahead of Miller/Elias/Horvat in terms of centers that get the prime time matchups/offensive deployment.  Not saying it's the right move, but you can't have Gaudette playing on the 3rd/4th checking lines. 

I actually really like Matthew Highmore that we got back in that trade.  Our PK will improve when he gets back.  

Forgot about him.  Why is Highmore not playing? 

3 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

That’s an embarrassing first period for both fan bases. What happens…. The boys come out strong for the first 5 min , score a goal and sh^t the bed the last 15 min. A lot of this years issues I’d players named Peterson , boeser, Miller, for seeming to give a rats ass .

Ottawa is a desperate team, I thought that we outplayed them for most of that period. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Forgot about him.  Why is Highmore not playing? 

Injury...  no idea what it is and when he's coming back. 

Can't wait to see him and Motte out there.  Our best forecheckers, but then again I am biased lol