The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Pittsburgh Penguins at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I no longer look forward to game days. It's been since 2011 which was the peak. This is the bottom of the valley (so far).

I had high expectations for this team, like many. Benning looked like he had cleaned up his mess. 

Not anymore. How much lower can we sink. 

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Need to convince someone to take Myers.

If he’s not considered a big capable defenseman why are we paying him $6 million a season…

Should had exposed him to the Expansion Draft; but it doesn't matter anymore cause Lind is not looking to be a big loss, at this point.

6 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

I no longer look forward to game days. It's been since 2011 which was the peak. This is the bottom of the valley (so far).

I had high expectations for this team, like many. Benning looked like he had cleaned up his mess. 

There is a cycle, in all things and if Aquaman & crew, makes enough good decisions moving forward, the Canucks might finally win one - choices & consequences !

9 minutes ago, AbbyNux said:

I agree.

Serial optimist and die hard here and I can't even get excited after a win, and I barely make it through games.

It has been long enough with no end or change in sight with this ownership and management.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points; but what is JB or the new GM, going to do to create cap ?   

Lose dead weight contracts

Hunt 800
Chiasson 750
Lamb     750
Highmore   750

Dicky        2. 65M
Luo           3M

Sutter    1.1M

Total          9.8M

Almost 10M to spend

*Maybe keep Sutter

or Highmore. 

This is for starters

Boeser resigns at same price. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Please remove the coaching staff before they get a chance to ruin Pod.

This narrative is pathetic. 2nd worst coach In the league must be Barry trotz eh? What’s the excuse going to be when we hire babcock or whoever your solution is and we end up with the same result?

To be clear, i think the entire management group needs to be fired including the coach. But you’re acting like the coach is the biggest of issues which couldn’t be further from the truth.

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Lose dead weight contracts

Hunt 800
Chiasson 750
Lamb     750
Highmore   750

Dicky        2. 65M
Luo           3M

Sutter    1.1M

Total          9.8M

Almost 10M to spend

This is for starters

Boeser resigns at same price. 

Yeah, good place to start; but Dickenson might be good to pair with Pearson to form, an expensive shut down line ?  Anyways, Green won't do it cause he has made up his mind, that Bo & Pearson are still an effective pair.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

3 minutes ago, Eastsidenuck said:

This narrative is pathetic. 2nd worst coach In the league must be Barry trotz eh? What’s the excuse going to be when we hire babcock or whoever your solution is and we end up with the same result?

To be clear, i think the entire management group needs to be fired including the coach. But you’re acting like the coach is the biggest of issues which couldn’t be further from the truth.

I never said coaching was the only issue, and in other threads I have stated I want management gone too. But feel free to infer my stance on the team from one comment.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

And that comes down to coaching 1000%.

A good coach can coach any NHL level player to pk. It’s not rocket science.

Not according to Hansen and Bieksa.  And others that have actually played at that level.   Not that i entirely disagree.  Trotz. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

Why isn't anyone taking Kole Lind?

Lol.

Just said, the same thing about Lind; and hindsight, at this point, has proven JB was right; but he is still young enough and with the right opportunity, he might still have an NHL career ?  Lots of unkowns, given the right opportunity & maturity, eventually breaks through the prospect/unknown plateau.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

4 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I never said coaching was the only issue, and in other threads I have stated I want management gone too. But feel free to infer my stance on the team from one comment.

How else would you infer your comment saying that keeping a coach would ruin a player. Especially a player who has quite clearly improved his game by a large margin since the beginning of the season

4 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, good place to start; but Dickenson might be good to pair with Pearson to form, an expensive shut down line ?  Anyways, Green won't do it cause he has made up his mind, that Bo & Pearson are still an effective pair.

No, Dickinson has not shown much physical play. He thinks he's a Sedin or EP now? No face off capability. In the offensive zone the play dies when the puck hits his stick. 

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

No, Dickinson has not shown much physical play. He thinks he's a Sedin or EP now? No face off capability. In the offensive zone the play dies when the puck hits his stick. 

Yeah, lots of regression in the roster; but we don't know if the staff had any conversation with him about the opportunity to play with some offensive players ?  

I get it; and preferably, would like to see the roster with a different staff prior to any trades.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

50 minutes ago, davidgoliath said:

And the person who hired him and extended him. Shocking, repeated incompetence.

Stop with the stupid posts about Aqua. He bought the team he can do what he wishes with it. If you have a problem with it, get out of your mom's basement and make a few billion so you can buy the team.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1