The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks fire Travis Green, name Bruce Boudreau as head coach

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

22 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If Walker is going to run the powerplay what is Jason King's responsibility now? 

I was hoping someone would ask that question but it didn't happen.

I also wanted to know how he works with, monitors and connects with the coaches and prospects on the farm team but no media folk asked that.

BB is going to have the Vancouver media eating out of his hand with his jovial, everyman nature.

Until they turn on him. Which they will. The Patterson’s and Sekeres’s of the world have a selection of very sharp knives in reserve.

Listening to BB, not anticipating much in the way of advanced systems going forward. :lol:

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That's a guarantee.. his personality in a Canadian market is desperately needed..

He is the perfect fit for all of the above:

Players who need a guy that has their back but holds them accountable.

A media that needs someone less easily vilified.

A fan base who needs hope restored.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I also wanted to know how he works with, monitors and connects with the coaches and prospects on the farm team but no media folk asked that.

Wild Thing will be PK coach not PP. The guy you quoted is misinformed...

If you remember how he was as a player you'll know he will get instant respect in the locker room.. 

Rest of it remains to be seen how it goes.. but he's a guy players will listen to.. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

man I sure hope so. 

It was interesting to hear Stan say basically what Bieksa has said for weeks about the team having no identity. If Bruce can solve that I'll be very happy.

I haven't listened to it; I'm still back on page 22 or so.

'N' I gotta go curry some veggies.

I love Steamer (even back to the NW Bruins days, but he's not much of a talker that I've seen anyway...Now Darcy Rota, "The Mayor"...)

That's not really a slag on 'Darce'.

I knew him personally, but he made everybody feel like they did.

And he was great for us as a player.

He Slayed the Dragon of his day for the Canucks: The (spit, spit) Montreal Canadiens. 

Here's the sports report:

MONTREAL -- Darcy Rota scored three goals Thursday night to spark the Vancouver Canucks to a 4-2 triumph over Montreal, snapping the Canadiens' unbeaten streak at 10 games.

The loss also halted Montreal's 14-game unbeaten home streak and the victory gave the Canucks their first triumph in nine games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rota, who was only playing his second game in two nights since missing seven weeks with an ankle injury, scored on a breakaway just 36 seconds into the game.

Montreal, which has 101 points and needed just one more victory to clinch first place in the NHL's Adams Division, tied the score 1-1 at 12:16 on a goal by Larry Robinson.

Rota came back with his second goal 41 seconds later, taking a pass from behind the Montreal net and drilling a slapshot past goalie Denis Herron to give the Canucks a 2-1 lead.

Tiger Williams' power-play goal at 7:23 of the middle period provided the Canucks with a two-goal edge. Williams grabbed a rebound off Herron's pad and lifted a high shot into the Montreal net.

Rota capped his hat trick with his 16th goal of the year at 9:07 of the final period after linemate Thomas Gradin faked Herron out of the net and passed the puck across. Bob Gainey rounded out Montreal's scoring 18 seconds later with his 21st goal.

Back in the Coliseum Days:

A buddy who also knew Darcy and I started chanting Rota, Rota, Rota from the corner every time he got the puck.

It caught on, and later they put up a banner there that said "Rota Rooters".

Another one we started back in the day, was:

I-Van,

H' Link-ah, Link-ah,  Link-ah, Link-ah

I-Van, H' Link-ah, Link-ah,  Link-ah, Link-ah

I-Van, H' Link-ah, Link-ah,  Link-ah, Link-ah

(to the tune of song, can't remember the real one now, lol) 

He was a force; props to the poster that uses his name.

Kinda like a cross between Chara and Jagr.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, GB5 said:

Wild Thing will be PK coach not PP. The guy you quoted is misinformed...

If you remember how he was as a player you'll know he will get instant respect in the locker room.. 

Rest of it remains to be seen how it goes.. but he's a guy players will listen to.. 

Guarantee Scott Walker will do better than this as PK coach.

Edited by WHL rocks