The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Return of Edler and the Kings Vs Boudreau lead Canucks, Dec 6th 7pm pst

Rate this topic

86Viking

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Haven't seen this combo through all the line blending ... Net front presence with Chiasson still so will see.

While offense is more interesting, looking forward to seeing his PK combo's with a more aggressive attack I hear.

Just win BB!

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

I bet it wont be Miller who yells "we dont know the f we are doing!"."

That was a misunderstanding.  Him and Miller talked it out and Drance apologised for not grasping the situation.  Wasn't anything negative but a new fun drill that they had never done before and the atmosphere that day was fun and relaxed. 

1 minute ago, nuck-lifer said:

Haven't seen this combo through all the line blending ... Net front presence with Chiasson still so will see.

While offense is more interesting, looking forward to seeing his PK combo's with a more aggressive attack I hear.

Just win BB!

Now we have two BBs now.  Flow it is from now on for Boeser.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BCNate said:

My gut is that the team is going to be super happy with Boudreau.  he will open things up.  We may even see Boeser and EP shoot the puck now.  Zone entries will be much more aggressive, getting away from dump and chase.  Not sure what Scotty Walker will bring, but it will be hard for him to not be a significant upgrade on Baumgartner.  

The coaching change is a huge breath of fresh air for this team.

I'd expect Shaw to handle the D...  has anyone heard otherwise ?

2 minutes ago, mll said:

That was a misunderstanding.  Him and Miller talked it out and Drance apologised for not grasping the situation.  Wasn't anything negative but a new fun drill that they had never done before and the atmosphere that day was fun and relaxed. 

I know the press blown it out of proportions, but you can still bet BB will throw the F bombs out as needed. 

33 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I seriously wonder if they were?

I'd love to be a fly on the wall and know how they all felt in the room...about each other, coaching staff, management, etc.  We'll never really get the inside story but it'd be interesting to have some insight.  I hope they are happy with the moves because, if not, we're in for a ride.  Although, Boudreau doesn't like moping so that'll be addressed.

Anyone who wasn't happy will either feel terrible they got Green fired and work harder, or needs to be traded.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I'm so F'ing stoked he is our coach!!

We have a bunch of winnable games coming up, that will be critical if we are gonna get back in this:

Kings tonight

Sharks on the 16th

Stretch of 7 in a row against AZ, SJ, Ducks x2, Seattle x2, Kings.  

Next 5of 6after tonight are tough though Bos, Jets, Canes, BJs, Leafs.

Win 10 of these 14 and we are back in it right at .500.

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, BCNate said:

My gut is that the team is going to be super happy with Boudreau.  he will open things up.  We may even see Boeser and EP shoot the puck now.  Zone entries will be much more aggressive, getting away from dump and chase.  Not sure what Scotty Walker will bring, but it will be hard for him to not be a significant upgrade on Baumgartner.  

The coaching change is a huge breath of fresh air for this team.

Suspect Walker will be working with the forwards with Shaw taking over the D.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Anyone who wasn't happy will either feel terrible they got Green fired and work harder, or needs to be traded.

Smyl most likely doesn't have the authority to trade any core players.  We either win with Boudreau or it's gonna be a long season until Benning's replacement is found...

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Darius said:

Good to see Miller off of PP1.  Too many high risk low reward plays from the wall when hes on PP1.  

They need to get Miller's TOI down a little bit from his 21+ minutes he is playing most nights. Lowering his PP time just a little and getting him off PK entirely would be my preference. He will be a more effective and energetic player if he is playing 18-19 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1