The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Winnipeg Jets at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 10, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I really like that Hughes is making an effort to improve his defensive game. There will obviously be some lumps along the way, as he's playing harder minutes then he's ever had to play before, but the fact he wants to be more than a Tyson Barrie clone is a great sign. 

And, fancy stats aside, he still finished a +2 and we beat a good team with half of our top 4 on the shelf. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And how much of that was directly caused by Green?  Bottom line is we don't know how any of the Abbotsford guys will do under an actual coach.

Bailey is absolutely useless. Great wheels and size but he has no clue how to play hockey at the NHL level. It's hard to watch.

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Didn't watch the game but still has crap to spew.

He isn't the only poster like that.

I've seen 4 or 5 admit to not watching a game, yet still critiquing.

Other will "watch" on the radio, and pretend it is just as good as actually seeing it.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, combover said:

pretty sloppy game, our guys didn’t quit they kept coming. 

Demko has been unbelievable this season. 

Even enjoy the interviews with the coach now.

Looking forward to the next game!!

been a long while since I felt like that. 

That ice was horrible yesterday. But yeah great effort ... no quit.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Bailey is absolutely useless. Great wheels and size but he has no clue how to play hockey at the NHL level. It's hard to watch.

I'd agree there, except he was playing under a guy who has no idea how to coach hockey at the NHL level.  I think some guys could surprise us now that the cancer has been removed from the room.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was wondering about the ice too. 

Any confirmation of ice conditions? 

Makes sense our guys kept falling for no reason bouncing pucks. 
whiffs from both teams. 
vans usually got really good ice 

Maybe to many fans and players fired up nowadays staff have to adjust the temp. 

10 hours ago, Gatzkek said:

And not letting in shots from the corner behind the net.

And not thinking he's God, the ref, and the linesman, making that offside call, arm in the air, skating out to the blue line when the refs didn't even call the offside and when Boston walked him and filled the empty net, cost us The Cup.  Frick'n Fat Head.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd agree there, except he was playing under a guy who has no idea how to coach hockey at the NHL level.  I think some guys could surprise us now that the cancer has been removed from the room.

I seem to remember him looking quite good when he was first called up, then as time went on it kind of looked like he forgot how to play hockey.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I seem to remember him looming quite good when he was first called up, then as time went on it kind of looked like he forgot how to play hockey.

He got greened. 
I’ve tried to watch without bias from what players looked like under green. 
Most if not all look like different players now. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

and when Boston walked him and filled the empty net, cost us The Cup

If I remember correctly none of the 4 games we lost that series was close. So hard to see how 1 missed offside call costed us the cup lol

1 minute ago, combover said:

He got greened. 
I’ve tried to watch without bias from what players looked like under green. 
Most if not all look like different players now. 

It's not just the guys on our team. Tanev, Schmidt and Edler all look like they have a new lease on life being away from Green. 

Christ. We let 3 top 4 defensemen walk for nothing, and now they're all doing great. Yeah, I know we got a third rd pick for Schmidt, but we paid one to land him in the first place.

The Benning/Green combo really cost us a lot.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

He has 3 points in 24 games this season and is a minus ten. 

That being said, Arizona is trying to tank this year, so I guess for the first time in 5 years Loui is actually helping his team.

Loui is too old now with no confidence at all. 
With BB as coach he could gave been decent. 
Greens system was really bad for Loui. 

38 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Hughes gets a ton of leeway on this board. Even last season, when he was playing horribly. People always gave him the benefit of doubt. 

I however, just see it like it is.

If a certain player, plays a bad game (in my eyes), I’m not afraid to call them out. 

Yup she’s all good, we have different perspectives on this particular night.

I do think the benefit of the doubt should have been he’s a very young player learning to 2 way player or at least a elite offensive Dmen that just needs to be decent in his own end. Not defending his play last year but the whole team and system was flawed. We should have been supporting him because he is such a young player. 

It occurs to me that we could make up a D core that's arguably as good as our current D core with the defensemen we've jettisoned for nothing over the past year and a half.

Edler- Tanev

? - Schmidt

Juolevi- Stetcher

Vs

OEL - Myers

Hughes- Hamonic

Burr- Poolman

Just missing a 2nd pairing LD.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot