The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Coyotes gauging market on Jakob Chychrun

Jakob Chychrun

Defense -- shoots L
Born Mar 31 1998 -- Boca Raton, FL
[24 yrs. ago]
Height 6.02 -- Weight 220 [188 cm/100 kg]

Total Salary is $5.4 Million for next season &  $7 million the season after, then he's a UFA 

Chychrun is a good young defenseman but I don't understand why everyone thinks he's bonafide #1 pairing superstar

In 7 seasons in the NHL he averages:   25 points season and only plays 53 games a year...which would indicate he's injury prone. That's probably the real reason they've been sitting him. LOL

Hardly spectaluar numbers  ( .47 points a game) and he's out or injured  half the season. I realize he's big and his point production is probably limited because of the team he plays on but people need to take there beer googles off and have a closer look at what their getting.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Will Yzerman be a seller or buyer? The Wings are getting pummeled by the Sens tonight. 

Think he’s already trying to see what Bertuzzi will bring Alf,  I think hes assessing ,like us.

Our hand is more forced to sell because of wanting fluidity with the Cap in the off season,

we seem to be in that mode,  with a decent core to keep .

We can score ,  our money for performance issues are in the D zone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Yotes want COLOSSAL not substantial  

Armstrong is out to lunch , he’s going to overvalue himself into a trade he dosent want to make when a good one might be on the table already.. 

but who the hell knows what Arizona is doing , it’s like he wants to trade everything to just appear at Draft day with 3 of the 10 top picks :picard:

He seemed to come off as a bit of a “show boater” when he had his entire management, scout team dress up like a boys school.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Jakob Chychrun

Defense -- shoots L
[24 yrs. ago]

Total Salary is $5.4 Million for next season &  $7 million the season after, then he's a UFA 

Chychrun is a good young defenseman but I don't understand why everyone thinks he's bonafide #1 pairing superstar

In 7 seasons in the NHL he averages:   25 points season and only plays 53 games a year...which would indicate he's injury prone. That's probably the real reason they've been sitting him. LOL

Hardly spectaluar numbers  ( .47 points a game) and he's out or injured  half the season. I realize he's big and his point production is probably limited because of the team he plays on but people need to take there beer googles off and have a closer look at what their getting.

Yup. Chychrun is seen by most clubs as a #3 D man. He will anchor a second pair. And his salary reflects that. If a team pays him like a top guy, they are heading for a Nurse/Jones level mistake. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Jakob Chychrun

Defense -- shoots L
[24 yrs. ago]

Other than the grammar, that's well said.:towel:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Chychrun is seen by most clubs as a #3 D man. He will anchor a second pair. And his salary reflects that. If a team pays him like a top guy, they are heading for a Nurse/Jones level mistake. 

Agreed...3rd or 4th pairing on a good team. Problem is you're only gonna get him for 60% of the season based on his playing history so far.

IMO... The only reason Coyotes are in pushing to move him this season is that bonuses are due the next 2 seasons.

I hope our Mgt team steers clear of both Chycrun and Parayko both have the potential be anchors over the long haul.  

5 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Sometimes I forget to proof read what i wrote before hitting the "Submit Reply" button. B)

I'm just bugging you my friend, my grammar is terrible. I totally agree with the point you were making. While he is a very good player, he isn't this number one defenseman that people make him out to be

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, myre said:

Dumb ass?

Hextall ?   Dumb ass has already spent most of his bullets, unless he wants to spend his 2024 1st round pick or the 2023 1st he got from Washington (Bostons' pick, which basically means a high 2nd round pick).  Lol, his team is still missing a goalie 

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1

52 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Armstrong is out to lunch , he’s going to overvalue himself into a trade he dosent want to make when a good one might be on the table already.. 

but who the hell knows what Arizona is doing , it’s like he wants to trade everything to just appear at Draft day with 3 of the 10 top picks :picard:

He seemed to come off as a bit of a “show boater” when he had his entire management, scout team dress up like a boys school.

Ya I find it little strange they haven’t been able to find / agree. On a trade yet for Chychrun 

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would agree with this 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Will Yzerman be a seller or buyer? The Wings are getting pummeled by the Sens tonight. 

Imagine being a red wings fan and having no idea what’s happening with bertuzzi and Larkin … 

we would be freaking 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Hextall ?   Dumb ass has already spent most of his bullets, unless he wants to spend his 2024 1st round pick or the 2023 1st he got from Washington (Bostons' pick, which basically means a high 2nd round pick).  Lol, his team is still missing a goalie 

Yeah I just wonder if he is feeling the pressure so he might do something stupid...again!

Edited by myre