The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Dec. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Huge win, I was worried what the long layoff would do but usually road teams do better as they have to focus, and the Canucks looked focussed tonight.

Absolutely dominated one of the best teams in the league at home, 1 bad goal against by our useless bottom D pairing and then after that the Ducks had nothing but a couple of sharp angle shots. Meanwhile we pressed all night long, great breakouts from D to offensive zone and we just waltzed through the neutral zone most of the night.

In the final third we had about 4 or 5 A grade scoring chances, should have scored on at least half of those but Gibson kept it even whereas any other goalie would have let in about 3 of them. Then he makes a mistake to not play the puck of the final Miller chip and it costs them the game.

On the whole, you have to be impressed with this team, they're the hottest team in the league and hopefully no signs of stopping. To make the playoffs though we'll need to be around 5-7 games about .500 so the real work starts now, especially if the season is shortened, we'll need to bump that point % up fast.

Massive game against LAK tomorrow, win and we leapfrog about 4 teams...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rypien=hero said:

No post game with bruce? :(

I know right!? I stayed up late waiting for my dose of Bruce... listening to him makes me feel good, he's such a positive guy. But alas it's a work night so off to bed I go, hoping there's an interview posted by morning.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

45 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Huge win, I was worried what the long layoff would do but usually road teams do better as they have to focus, and the Canucks looked focussed tonight.

Absolutely dominated one of the best teams in the league at home, 1 bad goal against by our useless bottom D pairing and then after that the Ducks had nothing but a couple of sharp angle shots. Meanwhile we pressed all night long, great breakouts from D to offensive zone and we just waltzed through the neutral zone most of the night.

In the final third we had about 4 or 5 A grade scoring chances, should have scored on at least half of those but Gibson kept it even whereas any other goalie would have let in about 3 of them. Then he makes a mistake to not play the puck of the final Miller chip and it costs them the game.

On the whole, you have to be impressed with this team, they're the hottest team in the league and hopefully no signs of stopping. To make the playoffs though we'll need to be around 5-7 games about .500 so the real work starts now, especially if the season is shortened, we'll need to bump that point % up fast.

Massive game against LAK tomorrow, win and we leapfrog about 4 teams...

Hell yeah. this team is on a roll. I didn't think they'd pull out, because of the long lay off, and I didn't get to see the third period. But sooooo happy that they pulled out the win against a pretty good Ducks team, especially when they have Gibson in net. 

8 straight tomorrow night?

• Cheers 1

Just now, iceman64 said:

earlier tonight.. it's been building!! Prince George says hi.. I miss Vancouver!! :( 

IMG_20211229_215107242.jpg

The dump of snow that's going on right now isn't like that, but it's coming down pretty hard for Vancouver. At this rate, I would not be surprised to see 3-4 feet of snow along the residential areas of the city. Major roads should be in better shape, if the salt trucks and the snow trucks come out and plough the snow away. Right now, out on the streets, it's a gong show. If you're heading out in Vancity, please be careful! 

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

The dump of snow that's going on right now isn't like that, but it's coming down pretty hard for Vancouver. At this rate, I would not be surprised to see 3-4 feet of snow along the residential areas of the city. Major roads should be in better shape, if the salt trucks and the snow trucks come out and plough the snow away. Right now, out on the streets, it's a gong show. If you're heading out in Vancity, please be careful! 

it's been -20's to -30's here too.. my car being in Vancouver doesn't have a block heater.. have to get one installed and even a battery blanket, had to pull out the battery and put it in the house for hours today and trickle charged it to even get it started and even then it was protesting.

8 minutes ago, theochar said:

My home town, every photo I have as a kid looks like that.....

yeah I moved back from 30 years away but it's been way worse on the way to jasper, I've seen it so bad the that I saw the end of a tractor trailer in the ditch and the rest was completely buried because snowplows had no choice but to push snow over it and then it snowed even worse.. omg I'll never forget that