The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Dec. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

28 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Funny how those negative posters have magically disappeared.

I don't know but I called out a couple of them who said this team was horrible and needed a rebuild.  Tagged them both but no response.  Nice to see one of them be silent after bullying everyone on here who had an ounce of defence for JB.  It was pretty clear that coaching was the issue but JB couldn't pull the trigger to save his job when it really counted.  Boudreau has been awesome.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Kragar said:

We've got 2.4M in dead cap (Holtby and Virtanen) coming off when JT's contract ends, so that gets him up to 7.9 ;)

Sure hope we can sign him!

Miller sure seems like he’s enjoying playing with this group. So many people thought he wants out blah blah blah. He just hates losing. That’s what I like most about him. Winning changes everything. They’ll figure it out :) 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Anyone who says Miller should be traded is a completely ignorant fool. This guy is our best player and MVP. He has been fantastic from the moment he got here.

If we get jammed up for salary cap issues in the future and have no choice but trade, then it is anyone not named  Hughes, Miller or Demko.

Pettersson then ?

11 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

But yeah, all that talk about Benning trading picks and emptying the prospect pool. Total nonsense.

I remember when fans here were RIPPING Benning for the Miller trade. It's funny that we don't see these posters posting anymore. And they call themselves 'fans'?

They know who they are.

Both can be true. The Miller trade could be good but the prospect pool is also dry. 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/in-a-twist-of-irony-benning-leaves-next-canucks-gm-a-near-empty-prospect-cupboard-4833869

• Wat 1

14 minutes ago, spur1 said:

Just coming out of shock and celebration after that win. Best part I picked Miller for the winner. This team is just starting to warm up. 

Talking about the pick the score contest since the winning streak started I haven't posted a prediction, so I've been holding off my predictions for 7 games now sacrificing my score there so the Canucks can win.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Didn’t Miller cost us 20OA?  Hell, Miller is better than the guys who have gone 1OA in those drafts.  

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Wow… That’s pretty damn amazing when you look at the other names in that list. 

I understand the pressure of whether he will re-sign here, but with numbers like that how could you trade him?

The Canucks need to do everything in their power to sell him on the future of this team and get him signed. 

Yeah that's why I was in shock when I heard people were mad about the trade, what a steal at that salary..  and whoa he made that goal tonight look easy, heard Garrett say Goalie should have left the crease BUT then if he did, it could become and easy chip over him instead of making JT pull that off but either way JT hardly ever misses on chances like that.. 

Edited by iceman64
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Lol fk the prospect pool

Uh a prospect pool is how a team wins cups. Just ask Tampa. They managed the regular season with Kucherov in LTIR and Stamkos injured in all but 1 game in the bubble playoffs. This was all due to depth and a good prospect pool