The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Anaheim Ducks | Dec. 29, 2021

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I figured we had a decent shot of getting to .500 sometime mid January.   Adding the 2/3 ending Greens time here, 9/10 is simply astonishing.   Really quite incredible.    A lot of media writers are taking notice.   If the playoffs started right now, and we were in .... Yes i absolutely feel it's a possibility.   Waiting for the other shoe to drop.   Don't want it too and don't want to get ask to get pinched either.  Or jinx it in any way lol.   We are winning these one goal games now.   And our 5 x 5 play is even better.   Know the odds are slim still...but something special is happening and we are all witnessing it.   

Thank God for Demko keeping us in every game..  without him? Not sure we'd be 7-0 or even close to that.. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Quinn wants a Norris 

He's making a pretty solid case to be in the conversation. Kids confidence has gotta be sky high, having the new coach starting him in the dzone as much as offensive which was the exact opposite of TG. And when you think about it a player like Quinn who when he talks about his coaches over the years he always says coach in a way that puts the  title "coach" in the highest of esteem. I noticed that a lot when I played baseball ďown South they get the respect of a father figure so it makes sense that Quinn would step up when a coach trusts him.

Not sure if that makes sense but listen to Quinn or Jack speak sbout their coaches that developed them and you can hear the respect coming from them. 

Quinn could be 60 and a Grandpa and he's still referring to them as "coach" not Bruce etc. Lol

Their mom and dad did an exceptional job raising the Hughes brothers.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, FijianCanuck said:

Not taking anything away from the big win but losing fowler late in the first really sunk the ducks. They had to give their 5/6 dmen more ice time and we took it to them.

Sure, but we were outshooting and outchancing them before Fowler went down as well.

5 hours ago, mll said:

Cam Fowler only played the 1st period.  He's their top D and leads their team in ice time - was a pretty big loss for them.  They dressed 7 Ds so still had 6 left.  

We don't have Hamonic, nor Brock. I'd say the match up was fairly even, all things considered, from a roster side.

• Vintage 3

Canucks have a lot of nice pieces 

I would say they need another top 4 D man preferably a RHD even with Hamonic back - but man do shaw and Bruce have Myers and Schenn playing their best hockey defensively...ever?

We also need, ideally a better 4C a guy who can win more face offs than Lammiko, but maybe Lammiko can develop I think this team is 1 good d man and 1-2 good two way rugged bottom 6 forwards from really being special actually,

the goal tending is insanely good, Hughes, OEL and Myers are great and our forwards are getting better and better and this is without Brock and without Petey as his usual self ( I would consider trading Petey for a top d man and bottom 6 F)... 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Now that Greens gone ... not sure what they will gravitate their angst towards ... maybe Fin?   Maybe it's just that winning is like lifting a rock on the beach and showing the sun to the crabs - they all scuttle and run to the closest rocks together.   Oh and the one lifting the rock is Bruce.   Who could possibly not love this guy? 

Well in all fairness Green is gone... I was a negative fan for the first 2.5 months of this season. I was disgruntled, upset and said some angry things about this team and Green in lots of PGT's... But the teams play and the coach has changed, and I'm happy. I'm not looking for other things to be negative about.

In other words it's ok to have issues and say the truth if it's negative, but if the problem is fixed then let it go and enjoy. That's where I'm at, and I'm sure alot of others.

Just think, if it wasn't for all those negative fans calling for change, we might still see Green and co running this team into the basement. 

• Cheers 2