The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Seattle Kraken | Jan. 01, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

23 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah man. Hard no, It’s on the last page. That’s who I was responding to then you quoted me.

My points on keeping him are.

-He just hit his prime. You could argue a year

ago. 

-He’s the type of player I feel won’t start to decline until his mid 30’s. He’s a great passer, skater, and very durable.

-Teams win Stanley Cups with players like Miller. Will do anything to win. Hate losing.

-Teams win Cups with experiences players.

But none of it matters until we see where we are come March. Because we can’t lose him for nothing if it’s one way and we need to keep him if it’s the other. Saying one way or the other without seeing the results isn’t what I’m about. There is no Must Trade and no We Must Resign as of right now. 

What I believe in is we have a good team and if playoffs are in sight he’s not going anywhere. So as of right not I have no interest in trying to figure out where and what we can get back in a trade. 

Well that's just silly. There's a term and hit that would make sense to keep him. He's a VERY good player right now and likely for a couple-few more years after his new deal. That's bad timing with a long term deal given where we are as a team, but a mid term one at a not debilitating hit would be fine. You don't need to sell anyone that he's a good player (precisely why he also has trade value to a team already in their window).

That said, I think that's far less likely/super unrealistic. IMO, it's almost certainly just a matter of time before a trade. 

And no, if we're in the playoffs, it's not a move you make this season. Especially after what this team would have come back from, to do so. Again, very few (one?) people seem to be suggesting otherwise.

That said, those of us looking ahead shouldn't be shunned for our foresight or pragmatism.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 3

It’s just that all this trade talk has kinda blown up the last couple weeks even in spite of the winning. There’s gonna be trade talk all year long but this Miller talk has kinda caught fire and I just don’t understand it. I guess it’s probably because there’s new management in town. 

Anyways I had no intentions of talking about this. Funny how one persons comment “hard no” keeps me posting haha. I’m more looking forward to Saturdays game. 

I do understand why it’s talked about. The timing has me baffled is all. If it was just a couple people I’d just shrug but seems like it’s a hot topic these days 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron44 said:

It’s just that all this trade talk has kinda blown up the last couple weeks even in spite of the winning. There’s gonna be trade talk all year long but this Miller talk has kinda caught fire and I just don’t understand it. I guess it’s probably because there’s new management in town. 

Anyways I had no intentions of talking about this. Funny how one persons comment “hard no” keeps me posting haha. I’m more looking forward to Saturdays game. 

I do understand why it’s talked about. The timing has me baffled is all. If it was just a couple people I’d just shrug but seems like it’s a hot topic these days 

The TDL is mere weeks away. We're still out of the playoffs, with a tough schedule ahead. It's not really 'out of nowhere'.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The TDL is mere weeks away. We're still out of the playoffs, with a tough schedule ahead. It's not really 'out of nowhere'.

It’s March 21st this year? Did I really type all the for nothing. About not knowing where this team is at lol 

28 minutes ago, aGENT said:

The trade deadline is 2 and a half months away.

I wouldn’t call that mere weeks.

21 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The trade deadline is 2 and a half months away.

I wouldn’t call that mere weeks.

There are several posters (that's all) who keep trotting out the trade Miller stuff.  The team is 8 -1 -1. JR is new and evaluating everything. We don't even have a GM yet. Trading Miller is a non starter for everyone except 3 or 4 posters on here who keep bashing at it.

I'd much prefer if these vocal negative nellies would chill out and just watch the team and let JR do his job.  The reason there is so much trade Miller noise is several posters who want beyond anything else to play pocket GM and hope to be the first to call a trade. Yuck.

I wish they  could just cheer for the team and put aside their own need to be "GM for a day".

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

There are several posters (that's all) who keep trotting out the trade Miller stuff.  The team is 8 -1 -1. JR is new and evaluating everything. We don't even have a GM yet. Trading Miller is a non starter for everyone except 3 or 4 posters on here who keep bashing at it.

I'd much prefer if these vocal negative nellies would chill out and just watch the team and let JR do his job.  The reason there is so much trade Miller noise is several posters who want beyond anything else to play pocket GM and hope to be the first to call a trade. Yuck.

I wish they  could just cheer for the team and put aside their own need to be "GM for a day".

Teams ahead of us blew their games in hand.

We are 3 pts out .

We've been playing incredible hockey since the coaching change and there's still 48 games left

I agree, let's just enjoy this and evaluate options at TDL. Makes no sense to speculate trades when we might be going into the playoffs as the league's hottest team.

• Like 1

The Canucks, are quiet and all these rumour talk & etc, keeps the fanbased engaged.   

Preferably, JR runs with the same roster and trades what he can in the TDL, for picks cause the players the Canucks, need can only be acquired cheaply, in the draft and these two drafts, have alot of talents in them.   Hoping, this crew can draft & develope as well, while being competitive cause I wouldn't mind watching, some Abby game(s), if the Canucks are having a losing season.

5 hours ago, Devron44 said:

If I have only 1 option is to trade Miller or boeser. I'll keep Miller everytime! He plays all over the place pk pp he hits. It's more than what boeser can do.  For 7m ill keep Miller. 

If this team really craves for playoff success they should all take a million dollars off there contract so we can actually afford parts that we need and or play to exceed there value! If every player wants to be LE 2.0 and just going through the motions I'd rather start to rebuild now! We missed the playoffs 8 years now what's another 2- 3 years of a true rebuild. Doesn't include the fluke covid bubble playoffs.

20 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol imagine he has McDrai in a passive box blocking shots all game.

Pretty sure Green learned his lesson after BB took over and saw what the team was doing differently. 

That be funny to see actually