The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | January (02-08) 2022

Rate this topic

With the coilers slipping down the drain, And the goalies being horrific.. Let's all take a trip down memory lane and look back on last years draft.

One of the two top ranked goalies falls into edmontons lap at 20, Jesper wallstedt. ( 17 games 1.82gaa .923sv in SHL this year )
What do they do? Trade the pick. Who do they take? Another FREAKING CENTER. I guess mcdiver drysaddle and nuge isn't enough in that position considering they are all on 8 year deals? lmao. 

• Haha 1

Hahaha not sure if anyone's watching the Carolina feed for the game but they got the intermission panel broadcasting live and the place is packed with kids chanting "Let's go Canes!"  

Just now, Jaimito said:

Nux can beat them, already did once. 

Nice to see flames getting beat. 

Cool, but I wasn't talking about the Canucks

But while we're there, all it takes is a look at who's been where in the standings over the last few years to tell you who's been the better team

Carolina is a legit contender 

4 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

Honestly that was Calgary's best game of the road trip.  Vladar just had a really bad game.  Carolina looks a lot more beatable than the Panthers or Lightning.

Calgary could have tied it if not for that dumb penalty at the end, they're a plucky group

7 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I would gloat a lot more at the Flames losing if it wasn't for the fact that we have to play these same teams next week. Now we are going in cold without even a game agains the Sens to prepare.

I saw some definite weaknesses in the Canes game though.

Game would have been tied if not for a softy by Vladar.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I saw some definite weaknesses in the Canes game though.

Game would have been tied if not for a softy by Vladar.

Canes played a terrible games, while the LOSER LAMES played their best.  Suck old socks Loser Flames’ fans.  Not that they’re going to have a team to cheer for much longer anyway.  

#embracethehate. 

16 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

I would gloat a lot more at the Flames losing if it wasn't for the fact that we have to play these same teams next week. Now we are going in cold without even a game agains the Sens to prepare.

Next week when we sweep them all we're gonna all be the loudest most obnoxious fans in the league and I'm gonna love it :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1