The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks trying to trade Halak

1 minute ago, rekker said:

Huh?! Lots of red light reasons to think he may want out. He's struggling, big time. He may never play another game for us or anyone this season. If these last bunch of games are his sample size resume, who the heck will sign a struggling 36, 37 year old, smallish, goaltender who is playing like crap. His career may well be on the line here.

If you want to make unfounded assumptions I’ll play. What if he’s decided he’s going to retire in the offseason and doesn’t want to deal with the hassles of being traded 

Just now, qwijibo said:

If you want to make unfounded assumptions I’ll play. What if he’s decided he’s going to retire in the offseason and doesn’t want to deal with the hassles of being traded 

What aren't you understanding? I've said "maybe" numerous times. When I say maybe it means its a possibility, like the one you just mentioned. It's an opinion, an idea, concept. When I say maybe it means it's a possibility among other possibilities. Is what I suggested impossible? Really? 

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

What aren't you understanding? I've said "maybe" numerous times. When I say maybe it means its a possibility, like the one you just mentioned. It's an opinion, an idea, concept. When I say maybe it means it's a possibility among other possibilities. Is what I suggested impossible? Really? 

I understand you said maybe. I’m just saying at the moment there’s nothing to support that scenario 

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

I understand you said maybe. I’m just saying at the moment there’s nothing to support that scenario 

There is, he is really struggling. It's like if a colleague is struggling at work. They may be struggling because they don't like where they work. It happens, it may or not be happening here. It may be age catching up to him, maybe he doesn't mesh with coach Clark. Many possibilities for sure. Honestly, I don't see a scenario where he plays another game for the Canucks. They can't risk it if they are gunning for the playoffs. 

18 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe we trade Halak to the Habs?  Except they don’t have anything of value we would want in return.  Hey!  What about that little cute feller?  :lol:

Yes they do.

HABS

Halak

VAN

Nothing

You can’t get value for something that has no value.

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, rekker said:

Maybe, but if he wants to play another season in the NHL, he won't if he keeps struggling. May be best for him to move on and show he still has it.

nah he has the pedigree and history to get another 1mil contract with incentives.. no harm for teams low cost and if he doesn't pan out he won't hit his incentives.

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

nah he has the pedigree and history to get another 1mil contract with incentives.. no harm for teams low cost and if he doesn't pan out he won't hit his incentives.

I don't know. He looks horrible. 

1 minute ago, rekker said:

I don't know. He looks horrible. 

hotlby looks 10 times worse last season and he still found a job. there will always be team willing to take a chance on a veteran backup especially for 1mil + incentive.. hell Craig anderson haven't been good since 2017 and he's like ancient and he still manage to find a backup role every season.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

hotlby looks 10 times worse last season and he still found a job. there will always be team willing to take a chance on a veteran backup especially for 1mil + incentive.. hell Craig anderson haven't been good since 2017 and he's like ancient and he still manage to find a backup role every season.

Your probably right. Halak did have a good year last year. He has to play better though, continuing to struggle like this, my guess would be he's done.

3 minutes ago, rekker said:

Your probably right. Halak did have a good year last year. He has to play better though, continuing to struggle like this, my guess would be he's done.

he definitely have to play a lot better than what he shown the last 2 games.. it would help if the team start the game on time and make his life easier by limiting the chances so he has a feel for the puck

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

he definitely have to play a lot better than what he shown the last 2 games.. it would help if the team start the game on time and make his life easier by limiting the chances so he has a feel for the puck

Agreed. The players absolutely share the blame for Halak’s play.

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Yes they do.

HABS

Halak

VAN

Nothing

You can’t get value for something that has no value.

Makes no sense for Montreal. 

Montreal's also a capped out team, why would they take Halak during a losing season and eat his bonus next season? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Makes no sense for Montreal. 

Montreal's also a capped out team, why would they take Halak during a losing season and eat his bonus next season? 

I agree, but it just dawned on me, Habs may want Halak so they land lower in the standings and draft higher. Lol

5 minutes ago, rekker said:

I agree, but it just dawned on me, Habs may want Halak so they land lower in the standings and draft higher. Lol

I don't think it'd really move the needle tbh, they'll lose more than they win as is 

• Haha 1