The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Evander Kane

8 hours ago, King Heffy said:

The proper facility for him to get his life on track is a prison cell, not Rogers Arena.  If he's not the biggest piece of **** in the league, who is?

Prison cell for what? Faking his vaccine card? 

Biggest pieces of $&!# are guys like DeAngelo, Wilson, Marchand, shall I keep going? Predatory guys who want nothing more than to leave guys with CTE’s and $&!#. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

is that the bar now?

the guy does need help, clearly. I don't want the Canucks using the kid without requiring him to get help. 

I mean $&!# if you aren’t going around fondling kids or sexually assaulting people your probably not that bad. “He needs a prison cell” exactly for what? For lying about his vaccine status? Might as well throw every single person who’s lied about something in prison so they can watch serial murderers jack each other off in the shower stalls

I love this thread.  
Just jam packed full of assumptions.  

Can someone please share where his teammates have come out and said they want him out?   Not media assumptions, but actual statements from teammates.  

Also, what are these issues?   
Seems a lot of his ‘trouble’ has come from a woman who was found to be making stuff up. 
ie. the gambling and abuse were both proven to be false.  

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Biggest pieces of $&!# are guys like DeAngelo, Wilson, Marchand, shall I keep going? Predatory guys who want nothing more than to leave guys with CTE’s and $&!#. 

I can’t speak for DeAngelo now but Wilson and Marchand’s teammates want them on their teams. At least three teams decided they’d rather play against Kane than with him.

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, 4petesake said:

I can’t speak for DeAngelo now but Wilson and Marchand’s teammates want them on their teams. At least three teams decided they’d rather play against Kane than with him.

Well that’s the NHL for you. People would rather have predatory players that go out and deliberately end other players careers than to have a guy who might have some sort of personality issue that’s affecting his interpersonal skills and hasn’t had the proper guidance and support to help address the issue, not to mention having a loudmouth baby mother as well as people who aren’t in the scope spew random and false $&!# about you. 

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Odd. said:

I'm one of the biggest Marchand haters on this site but at least he helped pay the arena staff laid off due to the pandemic.  DeAngelo is in the same group as Kane and Wilson is really just playing a couple of decades too late.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

is that the bar now?

the guy does need help, clearly. I don't want the Canucks using the kid without requiring him to get help. 

I beleive he was recey getting help JM,  he quoted it to a journalist not too long ago, admitting he has had a gambling addiction.

if I can find the article I will post and attach your name to it.

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

I love this thread.  
Just jam packed full of assumptions.  

Can someone please share where his teammates have come out and said they want him out?   Not media assumptions, but actual statements from teammates.  

Also, what are these issues?   
Seems a lot of his ‘trouble’ has come from a woman who was found to be making stuff up. 
ie. the gambling and abuse were both proven to be false.  

It was pretty wel documented in both WPG and SJ I don't know what you/'re on about. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hammertime said:

It was pretty wel documented in both WPG and SJ I don't know what you/'re on about. 

Prove it.  
Winnipeg had lots of leadership issues.  
Please show me where a single shark has come out and said they want Kane off the team.  
The AHL team had glowing reviews.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'm one of the biggest Marchand haters on this site but at least he helped pay the arena staff laid off due to the pandemic.  DeAngelo is in the same group as Kane and Wilson is really just playing a couple of decades too late.

FFFC1CCE-142B-4106-8317-33DDB78DBC86.thumb.jpeg.fd1fc24541829ea48c90a5cbe3e85abe.jpeg

Wow.. Marchand throws chump change in the hat in Vancouver  and you love the guy !? ;)

I don’t know how much you research any threads or stories that come over these boards Hef ,.   But Kane has usually always been involved with Charitys..    even in Vancouver .

there’s lots of good information out there if you want search for it..   but to some,  

a picture of finger flipping is a major headline, worth a thousand angry words.

when really it was a joke between teamates.

as from a yahoo report quoted from the photographer:

Where the heck did this photo come from?

It was taken on Oct. 28, 2014, as the Jets left the locker room at Nassau Coliseum to take on the New York Islanders. Trevor Hagan, who snapped it, is a freelance photographer that was on a rare road assignment with the Winnipeg Free Press.

What’s interesting about the image – well, one of many things – is that it wasn’t included in the photo gallery from the game. It only surfaced last week, when the trade went down. Editors at the Free Press were searching for a photo that had both players in it, and the archived image came up. They opted to use it in a “Key of Bart” music parody video about the trade and then posted it to Instagram.

From that point on, it went viral and has become the definitive photo of the players’ falling out. Which is something that admittedly makes Hagan feel uncomfortable, because the context of the image was lighthearted.

Kane was injured for the Islanders game. Hagan said he was riding an exercise bike as the Jets began filing through the dressing room hallway to the ice. He got off the bike and stood by rookie goalie Michael Hutchinson to fist-bump the players they hit the ice.

Last in line? Byfuglien. Kane reached out. Buff “basically pretends that Kane wasn’t there,” said Hagan. He keeps walking, Kane gives him a playful shove and Byfuglien then gives him the finger.

“He then nearly crushed me against a wall,” said Hagan of Byfuglien. “His jersey was about an inch from my lens.”

Hagan said the entire sequence was “all in good spirits” and that there was nothing “malicious” behind Byfuglien’s actions. “Kane was supporting the guys headed to the ice. He had a good laugh. Hutchinson had a good laugh. And it was just Buff being Buff. He’s the type that jokes around with the players and the fans.”

Hagan, a freelancer for over five years with the Free Press, said the context of the photo presented a challenge to the editors when they discovered it and wanted to use it to illustrate the relationship between the players. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Prove it.  
Please show me where a single shark has come out and said they want Kane off the team.  

“Trust me bro”

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Kane has been doing work regarding off ice issues.   @JM_

Yahoo Sports Canada

Evander Kane details gambling problem, denies betting on his own games

Thomas Williams
September 17, 2021·3 min read
In this article: 

Read more on this topic

Sharks forward Evander Kane recently opened up about his gambling issues while strongly denying recent accusations made by his estranged wife Anna. (Getty)

Sharks forward Evander Kane recently opened up about his gambling issues while strongly denying recent accusations made by his estranged wife Anna. (Getty)

The Evander Kane summer saga continues and the latest installment is very public.

Kane, 30, appeared on ESPN’s “Outside The Lines” with Linda Cohn to discuss a multitude of topics, all centered around his off-ice issues and the accusations made by his estranged wife Anna.

ADVERTISEMENT

"It's unfortunate that that transpired, it's unfortunate that those allegations — false allegations — were made," the San Jose Sharksforward said.

In July, the 30-year-old was accused by Anna of betting on his own hockey games and underperforming purposefully for financial benefit, leading to an NHL investigation, which is set to be wrapped up before the 2021-22 season begins.

"Obviously, when [the allegations] happened, I understood the magnitude of them immediately, not knowing what was going to happen next. But confident, because I know that's not true. I knew none of what she was saying was true," Kane told ESPN. "I was very confident, comfortable with where I was, knowing that I was gonna be exonerated and am going to be exonerated of those allegations."

Ad: 0:11
0:14

Kane has suffered from an addiction to gambling for a number of years and his issues became quite public recently, as he filed for bankruptcy in January and listed $1.5 million in gambling debts. When asked by Cohn whether he still gambles or has gambled on an NHL game, Kane said he does not and has never.

"I had a gambling problem, and when you have a gambling problem — just like a drinking problem or a drug problem — sometimes you can't control your actions," said Kane.

"I think probably the worst thing that ever happened to me was winning big, because you think you can do it again. When you're an athlete, the competitive juices are flowing. And then when you lose, it bothers you even more and you want to go back...you just keep digging a deeper hole. But at the end of the day, it's something that I went through and I'm looking forward to moving on from it."

If any NHL player has an issue with gambling, there is a player assistance program provided and a 24-hour hotline, allowing players to receive counselling on any issue.

As Kane is set to begin his 13th NHL season and fifth in San Jose, his name is still involved in trade rumours and reports of disgruntled Sharks players wanting him out.

"I think it's easy to point the finger at me. I think it's easy to try to make me the scapegoat because of some of my personal issues that are playing out in the public, and point to that," Kane said. "I think it's an easy cop-out. At the same time, I don't necessarily know or believe that that's true."

Through his NHL 769 games split between three organizations, Kane has scored 264 goals and 506 points.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Prove it.  

Dude I'm assuming you're not ignorant to all of the evidence so I'm assuming youre just choosing to ignore it.

Dont Care Not Listening GIF by MOODMAN 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Why wouldn't you take a 30G power forward on 1 or 2 year deal at a max of 2 million? He is exactly what we need! Idk about anyone else here but I don't want to watch us get manhandled in the playoffs, it's embarrassing. Worst case is he gets sent to Abbotsford or we trade him, yes at 2 million he has value. We could even retain half if necessary. 

We have made a lot worse moves and he actually would make our team better. Thought that was the goal here lol. When else are you going to be able to add a 50-60PT power forward without a) giving up a kings ransom and b) giving them a massive UFA contract where you have to overpay. 

People act like they perfect. I know for a fact half the people on this board did stupid $&!# they ain't proud of. How would you feel if you got cancelled and never given an opportunity again? Kane is a classic example of someone that has trouble follow them, but its not like he's out here committing major crimes

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Dude I'm assuming you're not ignorant to all of the evidence so I'm assuming youre just choosing to ignore it.

Dont Care Not Listening GIF by MOODMAN 

So you got nothing?  
Figured.  
It’s so sad to see people just make assumptions then rip the guy apart with zero evidence.  
Some bozo even said he needs to be in jail.  
It’s a pretty gross trait for a person to have. 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

"I think it's easy to point the finger at me. I think it's easy to try to make me the scapegoat because of some of my personal issues that are playing out in the public, and point to that," Kane said. "I think it's an easy cop-out. At the same time, I don't necessarily know or believe that that's true."

That is the exact opposite of being a man and taking ownership of his issues.  

• Cheers 2